• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 09.26.23 Already Eliminated @ Trying not to be eliminated

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Lugo went this deep into the game. I would have expected him to be pulled at least 2 innings ago.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this suddenly feel like bottom of the 9th of game 5 of the 2021 NLDS?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stokes1931 , you'll "love" this one. The minor leagues saw 33 players have 20/20 seasons. Only one is in the Giants' farm and the Giants were very reluctant to give him a look.

Astros with FIVE?!?

We need to raid their minor league system, or steal some of their scouts or development coaches. Giants are clearly not drafting nor developing these types of players.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros with FIVE?!?

We need to raid their minor league system, or steal some of their scouts or development coaches. Giants are clearly not drafting nor developing these types of players.
To be fair, you typically need to average more that 2 PAs per game to accumulate good stats.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros with FIVE?!?

I see what you did there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen it, but I just heard about it on M&M…

I think I just joined TZ on team anti-Brebbia. You don’t do that kind of shit on the night you are getting eliminated and after you just gave up a bomb.

You need “light” in the clubhouse, but you need to know when to do it. And that was not the right time.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen it, but I just heard about it on M&M…

I think I just joined TZ on team anti-Brebbia. You don’t do that kind of shit on the night you are getting eliminated and after you just gave up a bomb.

You need “light” in the clubhouse, but you need to know when to do it. And that was not the right time.

We’re getting eliminated! We’re getting eliminated! We’re getting eliminated!

So let’s have some FUN!

not a good look.
We've all been talking about how this team has been done for the past month. The way they've played, I think they knew they were done. I'm not sure, from what I've heard about the incident, that it was that inappropriate. Its not like Brebbia is to blame for the lack of hitting since the All-Star break. I've watched the interview below. Brebbia seems a bit like an odd fellow but it doesn't make me want to not bring him back:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all been talking about how this team has been done for the past month. The way they've played, I think they knew they were done. I'm not sure, from what I've heard about the incident, that it was that inappropriate. Its not like Brebbia is to blame for the lack of hitting since the All-Star break. I've watched the interview below. Brebbia seems a bit like an odd fellow but it doesn't make me want to not bring him back:
That is awkward af. And really showing up your manager. Can you imagine someone doing that with Boch? Casilla kinda got in a kerfuffle with Boch, and iirc, Casilla was gone the next season. And Casilla had a lot more “umph” with the org than Brebbia has.

:noidea:

Maybe a whole lot of nothing. I don’t know. It is just bad timing.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is awkward af. And really showing up your manager. Can you imagine someone doing that with Boch? Casilla kinda got in a kerfuffle with Boch, and iirc, Casilla was gone the next season. And Casilla had a lot more “umph” with the org than Brebbia has.

:noidea:

Maybe a whole lot of nothing. I don’t know. It is just bad timing.
True, it can be demeaning to the manager. My take is really what the relationship is between Kapler and Brebbia. If Kapler has no problem with it then neither do I. However, if that is disrespectful and sends a bad message to the team, then he gone.