• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Farewell Mack Brown thread

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He turned around one of the most prolific programs in the universe.
Got to several National title games.
Produced Heisman winners, BCS championships and this year, his final year

Beat the hog piss out of Oklahoma, UT's longest lasting rival. Because of Macks' success against OU, Texas still leads the series, if I'm not mistaken.

So long Mack, you had a nice run and I'm sure some NFL teams will be calling.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He turned around one of the most prolific programs in the universe.
Got to several National title games.
Produced Heisman winners, BCS championships and this year, his final year

Beat the hog piss out of Oklahoma, UT's longest lasting rival. Because of Macks' success against OU, Texas still leads the series, if I'm not mistaken.

So long Mack, you had a nice run and I'm sure some NFL teams will be calling.

Mack had 1 Heisman winner.
Mack's record vs Oklahoma 7-10.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind werds.

maybe a bit uninformed but the thought is what counts.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Williams says hello.

yeah, I was going to go into how mack inherited Ricky and blah, blah, blah, but it wasn't worth it.
Macks a good person, and I always liked him.
The University could have handled his departure better I think.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm sold.

RBF is a troll.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a born and raised Texan. My parents were K state grads. I never liked Texas. Went to another school in Texas. But not seeing Mac Brown on the sidelines in burnt Orange will be weird. I never hated the guy. He always seemed like a decent dude. I will kinda miss him.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the Mack Brown hate, the guy seemed to be classy, respectable, he was a winner and a great mentor to his players. College Football needs more guys like him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I was going to go into how mack inherited Ricky and blah, blah, blah, but it wasn't worth it.
Macks a good person, and I always liked him.
The University could have handled his departure better I think.
-
I thought it was handled fine. These things never go well. Lots of rumors on what happened, but in the end Mack was not quite ready to leave and the University was ready to move on. Really no way that it going to end smoothly. Once you consider that and have a realistic expectation, you come away thinking it went very well.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear we are going to miss a classy guy who was villainized for having the audacity to go 8-5 through a mini-down cycle.

The expectations are entirely unrealistic and we treated a good man like a steaming pile....

Thanks Mack Brown. You earned a better exit than this embarrassing chapter for Texas.

Hook Em.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate all that Mack Brown did for the University of Texas. I really wish he was still affiliated with the university in some capacity. He didn't always get the results we wanted, but that doesn't mean he didn't do a great job as coach. He won the right way, kept MOST of the best talent instate, and got to light that tower up in burnt orange once.

We could have done a whole lot worse. I will miss ol' butter teeth, but I have nothing but respect and admiration for the man.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest mistake MB made was concerning the QB position. One third of NFL QBs come from the state of Texas, and none of them, other than one back-up, went to UT.

However, Mack ran a clean program, most of his players could speak in complete sentences and stayed out of big trouble. They also love coming back to the campus, working out with current players and just generally was a great atmosphere. He filled the stadium with people wearing burnt orange, whereas before him, people wore any old color and the stadium was usually filled with empty seats. In his tenure, the stadium was renovated and capacity increased to 102,000 seats. And people come to the games.

He was here 16 years. That's a long time. Couldn't have stayed that long unless he was successful. It's a stressful job, as can be seen in his appearance which really changed in the last 5 years. He should go and enjoy his life, have some fun, and leave the stress behind.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f313GY8UQas]Texas' Mack Brown fired? Lou Hotz loses it! - YouTube[/ame]