• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish those that have joined FF would be more active. Seriously there are four that haven't even set up their trade block and those four should be the ones making trade proposals because they are lacking in some areas.

I've actual cancelled trade offers for lack of a response in a timely fashion. A simple no would do. I've got a lot trade ideas and many of them involve some of the same players. So I'm sitting around waiting for a response from a trade offer and it's holding me back from making a another trade offer to someone else and for those that say no, how about a counter offer.

I'm fairly new to FF, but when I get into some thing, I dive in to win and be active as heck.

Come on guys lets get involved, it's a slow time of year still for football so lets at least get into this.

I know summer is a time to be out and about enjoying the sunshine, but it only takes a few minutes to check in and make a offer or turn one down.

Take a minute to check in a couple times a day.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish those that have joined FF would be more active. Seriously there are four that haven't even set up their trade block and those four should be the ones making trade proposals because they are lacking in some areas.

I've actual cancelled trade offers for lack of a response in a timely fashion. A simple no would do. I've got a lot trade ideas and many of them involve some of the same players. So I'm sitting around waiting for a response from a trade offer and it's holding me back from making a another trade offer to someone else and for those that say no, how about a counter offer.

I'm fairly new to FF, but when I get into some thing, I dive in to win and be active as heck.

Come on guys lets get involved, it's a slow time of year still for football so lets at least get into this.

I know summer is a time to be out and about enjoying the sunshine, but it only takes a few minutes to check in and make a offer or turn one down.

Ya I know how you feel but I have to say I've played the last three years and this is the most active I have every seen. It's early and as the year goes on more people might become more active. I don't know about everyone else but I check once a day. As for your trade ideas you could always post them here, see if that gets a reply. It sucks that four still haven't done the trade block thing but maybe people are out enjoying the sun.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been busy moving the last week or so and don't even know what email address I have attached to that ESPN account. So there's my excuse. Not sure if anybody has been trying to trade with me anyway but I guess I'll have to look up which email I use for this particular ESPN account.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been busy moving the last week or so and don't even know what email address I have attached to that ESPN account. So there's my excuse. Not sure if anybody has been trying to trade with me anyway but I guess I'll have to look up which email I use for this particular ESPN account.

Haven't gotten around to you yet, but I would be interested in Doug Martin,but looking at your roster, I don't see any big needs so it may be hard to make a deal. Right now I'm needing a RB more then anything, at least IMO.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't sent me any offers have you harold? I check most days, there's probably been a few I missed.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am Listening to everyones trades, it's hard to decide witch 1 to take and if someone will offer more later. I mean no disrespect to anyone by not responding. I am just trying to decide who If I want to lose any of the 4 guys I am being asked to trade. Please let preseason go a little Further. Thank you for your Time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't sent me any offers have you harold? I check most days, there's probably been a few I missed.

Nope but you haven't set up your trade block and I would think you would want to be making some trades ( no offense meant), I've always been super competitive even when I do things with my children ( the Mrs never appreciated that trait, but the children were fine with it, because they were like me.)

I joined this FF league league thinking everybody would be going for the gold, so I have a hard time accepting, players who just accept that they are not going to win and letting the league take its course, I know I won't.

Also if anybody joins a FF league, you've made a commitment to participate, live up to that and try to win. The biggest problem with FF is members not caring enough to try.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't gotten around to you yet, but I would be interested in Doug Martin,but looking at your roster, I don't see any big needs so it may be hard to make a deal. Right now I'm needing a RB more then anything, at least IMO.

hey just wondering what is your plan to fill your flex spot now that's fitz is gone? If you don't want to say to give away for plan than you can just say no comment. Cause I planing on doing our game next but am going to wait until your starting line up is full. :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey just wondering what is your plan to fill your flex spot now that's fitz is gone? If you don't want to say to give away for plan than you can just say no comment. Cause I planing on doing our game next but am going to wait until your starting line up is full. :suds:

Justin Hunter to fill in the flex.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for a upgrade to Pierre Thomas at RB. Anyone needing a QB that is actually a starter and has a player that would be an upgrade to Thomas, lets talk!

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys find out that "Someone" isn't participating or wants to leave the league, let me know.
I'd be willing to take over any team if necessary.

Go Hawks

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody want him for a QB?

He will be back soon..playoff time.....stronger and fresh!!!

nfl_a_harvin1_sy_600.jpg

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning- This game involves me so there is going to be bias toward myself. I tried my best to look at it form both sides but I'm not perfect. And really at the end of the day I'm most likely going to be 100% wrong. So enjoy.:suds:

FirebreatingMonkey vs. Hawks Seattle

QB- Fire Aaron Rodgers (SF) and Andy Dalton (CHI) vs. Hawks Matthew Stafford (MIN) and Philip Rivers (HOU)

Edge-Hawks, Hawks trade for Rivers pushes him over as I feel he’s going to want to make a statement that the last two years are behind him. And with Stafford racking up points by throwing to Megatron this paring has a chance to be dangerous though out the season. Rodgers struggled last year losing to SF and there defense should be able to control him.

RB- Fire Frank Gore (GB) and Andre Brown (DAL) vs. Hawks Ray Rice (DEN) and Pierre Thomas (ATL) and

Edge- Fire, as mentioned before I see the BAL/Den game being a 30 plus and that means plenty of chances for Rice to score. But I feel Gore should be able to run on GB’s defense which for the last few years has been there Achilles heel. This most likely means the difference is going to be from backups and I’m going to have to go with Brown. As word out of New York is he will see plenty of carries and might be there goal line back if he can hold onto the ball, where as Thomas will be sitting behind Jackson who will be there goal line backer.

WR Fire Reggie Wayne (OAK) and Mike Williams (NYJ) and Michael Floyd (STL) and Dexter McCluster (JAC) vs. Hawks Tavon Austin (ARI) and Kendall Wright (PIT) and James Jones (SF) and Justin Hunter (PIT)

Edge-Fire, in what is the closest one to call I have to go with Wayne and Williams tipping the scale for Fire. Wayne was a favorite of rookie QB Luck last year and I see no reason for change and FLyod/McCluster should provide around ten points range to offset Hunter and Wright. This match-up is really going to come down to the play of Austin the ram’s rookie WR, Who I feel could have a big game as I feel the rams are going to try and show off their new toy. Also with Jackson no longer there I believe the rams will focus more on the pass than in recent years. Branford it’s time to step up, but as all rookies there no way to know how he’s going to perform until he’s out there, so I can’t count on it. I’m just not sure he’s going to be enough to overcome Wayne and Williams.

TE-Fire Vernon Davis (GB) vs. Hawks James Jones (SF)

Edge- Fire, Davis is one of the best TE in the league the last three to four years and should be a big target for Keap especially now that Crabtree is out for the season.

Teams- Fire Rams (ARI) vs Hawks Ravens (DEN)

Edge- Fire, as I have said the Ravens are going to have their hands full with Manning, so I have to chose the rams. The rams are going to be able to test ARI new offensive line and see if there are going to be able to protect Palmer. If not ARI could once again have a long season.

Kicker Fire Steven Hauschka (CAR) vs. Hawks Blaine Walsh (DET)

Edge- Hawks, Peterson will get the Vikings into scoring distance and Ponder wouldn’t find the end zone, giving Walsh plenty of chances to score against a suspect defense.

Edge- Fire 4-2

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made a trade offer to Seattle Repeat Offense, you have four days to reply.

Side note- Also should think about setting up your trade block. Here are the steps in case anyone doesn't know..
1. Login into Espn Fantasy
2.On home page of your fantasy league there will be five tabs at the top, hit the my team tab
3.underneath the team tab will now show the trade block tab.
4.Once there it will say do you want to set up your trade block, you can even include what type of players your interested in from other teams and leave a comment for everyone to see about who your after of what you want.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning- This game involves me so there is going to be bias toward myself. I tried my best to look at it form both sides but I'm not perfect. And really at the end of the day I'm most likely going to be 100% wrong. So enjoy.:suds:

FirebreatingMonkey vs. Hawks Seattle

QB- Fire Aaron Rodgers (SF) and Andy Dalton (CHI) vs. Hawks Matthew Stafford (MIN) and Philip Rivers (HOU)

Edge-Hawks, Hawks trade for Rivers pushes him over as I feel he’s going to want to make a statement that the last two years are behind him. And with Stafford racking up points by throwing to Megatron this paring has a chance to be dangerous though out the season. Rodgers struggled last year losing to SF and there defense should be able to control him.

RB- Fire Frank Gore (GB) and Andre Brown (DAL) vs. Hawks Ray Rice (DEN) and Pierre Thomas (ATL) and

Edge- Fire, as mentioned before I see the BAL/Den game being a 30 plus and that means plenty of chances for Rice to score. But I feel Gore should be able to run on GB’s defense which for the last few years has been there Achilles heel. This most likely means the difference is going to be from backups and I’m going to have to go with Brown. As word out of New York is he will see plenty of carries and might be there goal line back if he can hold onto the ball, where as Thomas will be sitting behind Jackson who will be there goal line backer.

WR Fire Reggie Wayne (OAK) and Mike Williams (NYJ) and Michael Floyd (STL) and Dexter McCluster (JAC) vs. Hawks Tavon Austin (ARI) and Kendall Wright (PIT) and James Jones (SF) and Justin Hunter (PIT)

Edge-Fire, in what is the closest one to call I have to go with Wayne and Williams tipping the scale for Fire. Wayne was a favorite of rookie QB Luck last year and I see no reason for change and FLyod/McCluster should provide around ten points range to offset Hunter and Wright. This match-up is really going to come down to the play of Austin the ram’s rookie WR, Who I feel could have a big game as I feel the rams are going to try and show off their new toy. Also with Jackson no longer there I believe the rams will focus more on the pass than in recent years. Branford it’s time to step up, but as all rookies there no way to know how he’s going to perform until he’s out there, so I can’t count on it. I’m just not sure he’s going to be enough to overcome Wayne and Williams.

TE-Fire Vernon Davis (GB) vs. Hawks James Jones (SF)

Edge- Fire, Davis is one of the best TE in the league the last three to four years and should be a big target for Keap especially now that Crabtree is out for the season.

Teams- Fire Rams (ARI) vs Hawks Ravens (DEN)

Edge- Fire, as I have said the Ravens are going to have their hands full with Manning, so I have to chose the rams. The rams are going to be able to test ARI new offensive line and see if there are going to be able to protect Palmer. If not ARI could once again have a long season.

Kicker Fire Steven Hauschka (CAR) vs. Hawks Blaine Walsh (DET)

Edge- Hawks, Peterson will get the Vikings into scoring distance and Ponder wouldn’t find the end zone, giving Walsh plenty of chances to score against a suspect defense.

Edge- Fire 4-2

I might want to argue about the WRs match up, but every thing else looks about right(except you didn't list my actual TE correctly) (sorry I can't help myself)

I'm looking for a upgrade to Thomas at RB, but RBs are in short supply also. I still got some time before the season starts to upgrade, but so do you.

Good Luck!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made a trade offer to Seattle Repeat Offense, you have four days to reply.

Side note- Also should think about setting up your trade block. Here are the steps in case anyone doesn't know..
1. Login into Espn Fantasy
2.On home page of your fantasy league there will be five tabs at the top, hit the my team tab
3.underneath the team tab will now show the trade block tab.
4.Once there it will say do you want to set up your trade block, you can even include what type of players your interested in from other teams and leave a comment for everyone to see about who your after of what you want.

Yes please set up your trading block and please respone with a accept or decline!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might want to argue about the WRs match up, but every thing else looks about right(except you didn't list my actual TE correctly) (sorry I can't help myself)

I'm looking for a upgrade to Thomas at RB, but RBs are in short supply also. I still got some time before the season starts to upgrade, but so do you.

Good Luck!

Damn, its hard to keep straight as I list them and WR/Flex/TE seem to intertwine as I'm doing it. , your TE is actually Greg Olsen (SEA) for those who want to know.

Ya like I said WR was the hardest one to pick because I can easily see your guys beating mine, again I would have picked your if I had seen Austin play in the NFL already and how the Rams would use him. Until than I can't give him the nod. Man it looked so much easier before you added Rivers :gaah:.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just drafted an ESPN.com team for a ten team league with standard scoring. What do you think of my team?

Starters:
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: CJ Spiller
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Wes Welker
TE: Jermichael Finley
Flex: Lamar Miller (RB)
D/ST: Chicago Bears
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Bench:

QB: Eli Manning
RBs: Benjarvis Green Ellis and Fred Jackson
WRs: Jordy Nelson, Sidney Rice, Vincent Brown
TE: Ed Dickson

Since no one replyed I thought i'd let you know how I feel. I'd give your draft a B plus. Really like your RB's spiller, and Gore. Wr Dez should be able to get you points as he is becoming Dallas go to guy. (if he can hold onto the ball, few times I watched it hit his hands and he drop it) Not a fan of the Bear I think they are over the hill and there are better D out there. So should be able to hang with anyone and really that's all you can ask for in this game.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys find out that "Someone" isn't participating or wants to leave the league, let me know.
I'd be willing to take over any team if necessary.

Go Hawks

Ya that would be great but I'm just not sure how that would happen. Who ever quit would have to give you there login info and I'm not sure they would. Also if the quit they might not tell anyone so it could take weeks before every figured it out and again we can't force them to hand the team away. It's really the honor system here.