• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Harold, I think you got a steal for getting Rivers for any WR not named Calvin Johnson. As desperate as you are for a QB I am for a WR though. Hopefully this helps both our teams push for playoff runs!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was a win win trade. With Gabbert as my second QB, I was in a bad way and you needed a better option at WR.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need qb baaad....anybody?

gradkowski_bruce.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need qb baaad....anybody?

View attachment 6280

First go and set up your trading block. Then look to see who has at least three decent QBs, then propose a trade with one. You may have to trade Calvin Johnson to get a good QB, because there really isn't enough good QBs in a two QB league and 16 teams.
NFL Spense looks like the only one with four QBs.

Good luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the trade blocks, I saw something that made me smile. Octaondd (JP Patches) has Roddy White on the trading block, but has Doug Baldwin as untouchable. I guess he really likes Doug.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the trade blocks, I saw something that made me smile. Octaondd (JP Patches) has Roddy White on the trading block, but has Doug Baldwin as untouchable. I guess he really likes Doug.

heh, had to have my Seahawk, even if he is on the bench most of the time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is how bad, QB are hard to get so I posted a trade to you and am willing to listen to a counter offer.

Looks like he's got a couple of proposals. I get the feeling he's not going to like them when he first see them. I know I didn't when I was asked to give up Fitz, but you got to have a QB, two or three would be better. QBs are premium and if we did the draft over I would do it differently.

Hope he's paying attention to the proposals before times runs out.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note- Show me your Td's changed his name to uw dawgfan after I had already started so I left it as Show.

Teams Show me your TD’s vs. Wolverine’s Winners

QB- Show Bruce Gradkowski (TEN) and Ryan Mallet (BUF) vs. Wol Tom Brady (BUF) and Eli Manning (DAl)

Edge- Wol with two starting Qb’s it’s no contest as Show is going to need an injury or a trade partner to get in the mix. As for Wol he’s going to get to see if Brady’s numbers are going to go down this year due to lack of WR and against BUL an opponent they have been able to drop 50 only a few years ago should tell us what kind of plan the pats hope to use this season, run first or pass?

RB-Show CJ Spiller (NE) and Ryan Mathews (HOU) and Vick Ballard (OAK) vs. Wol Eddie Lacy (SF) and Le’veon Bell (SEA) and Bryce Brown (WSH) and Bernard Pierce (DEN)

Edge-Show, As much as I like Lacy I can’t see him doing well against the mighty SF D and Le’veon Bell should struggle against the Hawks D as well. My only concern with Show is Cj Spiller, bills running backs lately have been getting hurt frequently and his backup Jackson could be brought in to replace him during goal line situations.

WR-Show Calvin Johnson (MIN) and Demarvius Thomas (BAL) and Percey Harvin (CAR) vs. Wol Brandon Lafell (SEA) and AJ Jenkins (SF) and Larry Fitzgerald (STL)

Edge-Show, Really liked AJ Jenkins and feel he can have a brake out game even against SF but Thomas and Johnson are just too much to overcome. However Show has very few options to choose from to replace Harvin and must think about finding a trade partner or searching the scrap bin to find a replacement for Harvin until at least week 10. He might be able to survive this week but upcoming opponents would surly take advantages of this weakness. Edit- pending the trade of Larry Fitzgerald I would shift this into a win column for Wol as AJ and Larry should be able to at least with stand Johnson but two new questions still remain unanswered, who will Show replace Harvin with and who dose Wol remove from his line up to include Fitzgerald.

TE- Show Tony Gonzalez (NO) vs. Wol Dustin Keller (CLE)

Edge-Show, I feel Keller is a weapon that will get plenty of chances to succeed and will put up some points mainly because the browns don’t have much choice but lack of QB and being a future hall of fame gets the nod. After all Alt wouldn’t have pleaded to come back if there was nothing in the tank, Right?

Teams-Show Cardinals (STL) vs. Wol Patriots (BUF)

Edge- Show, Even though the cardinals struggled down the stretch there defense held its own and now that they might have a QB who could keep them off the field watch out. Also I’m scared of CJ Spiller and I’m not sure the pats will be able to slow him down.

Kickers- Show Randy Bullock (SD) vs. Wol Mike Nugent (CHI)

Edge- Wol, with the field in Chicago useable unlike midwinter kickers should be able to hit without worry.

Edge- 3-3 tie.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by AJ Jenkins having a bust out game against the 49ers. He's on the 49ers and struggling, isn't he?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's got a couple of proposals. I get the feeling he's not going to like them when he first see them. I know I didn't when I was asked to give up Fitz, but you got to have a QB, two or three would be better. QBs are premium and if we did the draft over I would do it differently.

Hope he's paying attention to the proposals before times runs out.

Ow I know hes not going to like mine, the question becomes how much dose him value or really need a Qb, also willing to throw in some extra to make it a little better. That's why I focused on picking two QB's with my first two picks and know nothing was going to be there quickly but it cost me WR and RB. So now I'm looking for help or those in real need to strengthen those areas.

Not sure how I feel about rivals helping each other out:suds: and wonder if that's going to cos them as the season goes on.

As for looking back on the draft if I had to redo the whole league I think I would have required everyone to name there team something close to there sports handle to make it easier and required everyone to set up a trade block. It makes everything simpler. Just so you know you can still hit the propose trade and trade with those who have not set it up you just lose the ability to see who's untouchable, what they are looking for and want and what they feel is there strength.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by AJ Jenkins having a bust out game against the 49ers. He's on the 49ers and struggling, isn't he?

ya sorry look at it wrong he's playing against GB. And I think he could have a break out year as Keap has to find someone to throw to now that carbs is out. I don't follow the 49ners as closely, (is he struggling with the play book, QB or health?) but this could be the year he steps up aka like golden tate did last year. Or at least that's what I thinking.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell plays for the Steelers not Panthers.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell plays for the Steelers not Panthers.

Ya made some mistakes, I was tired when I started and it looks like it cost me.

That dose make a difference and he should be able to run though TEN defense much easier but I'm going to stick with Show because I don't feel the pats can handle spiller. After watching the game against us last year he just seem so explosive that I can't help but feel if the bill give him 20 to 25 touches like they are claiming its going to be hard to keep him under 130 yards.

Any other mistakes you'd like to point out.:L

:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was about it. Also I agree with your edge per position, but the QB advantage Wolverine has is going to be the trump card. Unless UW dawg makes some changes.

:suds:

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant do it.....it sucks. Thanks anyway. Johnson and Spiller is all i got.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will listen to all trades, watch the preseason, some of us have hot 2nd year qbs on the Bench!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant do it.....it sucks. Thanks anyway. Johnson and Spiller is all i got.

It's hard isn't it? I noticed there are three other teams lacking a QB. None of these teams have set up their trading block. Sent you one more offer.