• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this quote from a local news affiliate.

Crazy, but this is Texas.

"Per a recently obtained police report--10.8 grams of marijuana was found in the Lamborghini Rice was driving, which is a state jail felony amount in Texas," WFAA reported. "The punishment for a state jail felony in Texas is a sentence of incarceration in the state jail of 180 days to two years and a fine of not more than $10,000."

That's actually not TX laws, I'm a cannabis user that travels regularly. 4 ounces or less is a misdemeanor

Your local news affiliate both didn't know its own state law and is too stupid to Google it. Must be tough getting their shoes tied but they probably wear velcros

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not be racist but the people that took the video seemed like a bunch of crackers. Can hear them say something about "they probably stole those cars" so I'm not going to give them any credence at this stage until someone else has info about a bag of guns
The bags and the guns charges seem made up as there is video of them leaving the scene not carrying anything as they walked along the freeway.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually not TX laws, I'm a cannabis user that travels regularly. 4 ounces or less is a misdemeanor

Your local news affiliate both didn't know its own state law and is too stupid to Google it. Must be tough getting their shoes tied but they probably wear velcros
Yeah, I looked it up. Was surprised by the quote, but there is murkiness in some Texas laws so I thought they had something.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think there's enough here for the NFL to do something even if the police don't. I still have a hard time thinking he's going to get any kind of jail time since it's a first offense. I could see them taking his driver's license and him getting a fine, but none of the injuries were serious enough to warrant any kind of arrest and I'm not so sure that's even enough weed to matter because you know it wasn't his and he doesn't even know that got there. LOL. The real question is whether the Chiefs draft a wide receiver now anticipating that he might get suspended.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I looked it up. Was surprised by the quote, but there is murkiness in some Texas laws so I thought they had something.

I believe Arizona and maybe New Mexico would be the only states with harsh enough weed laws to make 10 grams a felony. That's not even $100 worth of weed unless they're getting ripped off

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Arizona and maybe New Mexico would be the only states with harsh enough weed laws to make 10 grams a felony. That's not even $100 worth of weed unless they're getting ripped off
Have you looked up the laws for reckless endangerment? So many pieces to the puzzle defining what it is, it makes my head spin.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, one person is suing over a concussion.
Well people sue over coffee they spill on themselves in a drive-thru so I am not surprised lol

Make It Rain Money GIF by yvngswag

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole thing just sucks though ya know? Christ I remember my early 20's..thank God I didn't get caught, and thank God even more, that I didn't kill anyone, multiple times. But you know what? the repair bills didn't stop me form doing it again, and again, neither did a little fine here, or there, nor the restitution for the sign I ran over..nope.

What stopped me from being a fucking idiot was a judge finally putting me in my place, and the weekend in jail he gifted me.

I pray someone in the Justice system of Texas and/or Goodell does the right thing by this young man

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, he deserves it just for being such an idiot. ;)
You have to wonder about leaving the scene, after all the cars were in his name (leased or owned) so what was he thinking? Have to figure he had something to hide. Which is why they have laws about leaving the scene.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked up the laws for reckless endangerment? So many pieces to the puzzle defining what it is, it makes my head spin.

Those injuries and whether or not the injured have the option to not press charges (after catching a TD from Rice's bank account) is what I think all of this comes down to.

If the fact that there are injuries dials it up to a felony automatically, chiefs are taking a WR or 2 in the draft, probably should regardless

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder about leaving the scene, after all the cars were in his name (leased or owned) so what was he thinking? Have to figure he had something to hide. Which is why they have laws about leaving the scene.
Could be if he (they) stayed, breathalyzer and other tests would come into play. Just speculating here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The cannabis or even the accident probably won't garner a harsh sentence. However leaving the scene of the accident could be a different matter, as the video of them leaving their vehicles and reporting days later is in the public eye and I would think the legal system would want to convey THIS IS NOT OK. I'm sure Rice has some big money law team representing him so who knows though.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cannabis or even the accident probably won't garner a harsh sentence. However leaving the scene of the accident could be a different matter, as the video of them leaving their vehicles and reporting days later is in the public eye and I would think the legal system would want to convey THIS IS NOT OK. I'm sure Rice has some big money law team representing him so who knows though.
His lawyer is Texas state senator Royce West. I'd imagine he's got some clout behind him.