• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they didn't, so outside of plugging in some random retread journeyman, or trading for Rodgers or Watson, they're stuck at QB..so that's the option that's left. Install a Ravens-esque offense, and stockpile RB's..there's plenty of those out there
Those RBs still out there, are out there for a reason....they don't have it anymore.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand why everyone is so unbelievably down on tua.
Watching him throw last year he looked awkward, as if he was throwing with the wrong arm. He was back from a serious injury and maybe that is why, but I was very unimpressed with his throws.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching him throw last year he looked awkward, as if he was throwing with the wrong arm. He was back from a serious injury and maybe that is why, but I was very unimpressed with his throws.
Yeah. I agree. But massive injury, covid, shortened res/preseason etc, and flores yanking him around. Im not reading anything into it tbh. This year will tell more. I mean he was the consensus top qb until injury…granted burrow came on. But hard to read much into it for me. Everyones just writing him off. He may bust, but i dunno hard to judge.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I agree. But massive injury, covid, shortened res/preseason etc, and flores yanking him around. Im not reading anything into it tbh. This year will tell more. I mean he was the consensus top qb until injury…granted burrow came on. But hard to read much into it for me. Everyones just writing him off. He may bust, but i dunno hard to judge.
At this point all we can judge is what we have seen on the field. Yes there are circumstances that work against last season, but his play is what we go by and it wasn't good. Sure he could turn it around this season but I don't expect to see that myself. I just drafted Waddle in a dynasty rookie draft so I'm not against that happening per say. I just don't expect it and TBH avoiding Dolphin FF players for the most part.
Most any QB who gets drafted has college success, pretty much why they were drafted. but once they play in the NFL that success takes a back seat to their play on the field with the pros.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point all we can judge is what we have seen on the field. Yes there are circumstances that work against last season, but his play is what we go by and it wasn't good. Sure he could turn it around this season but I don't expect to see that myself. I just drafted Waddle in a dynasty rookie draft so I'm not against that happening per say. I just don't expect it and TBH avoiding Dolphin FF players for the most part.
Most any QB who gets drafted has college success, pretty much why they were drafted. but once they play in the NFL that success takes a back seat to their play on the field with the pros.
Absolutely. But dear god he had some extenuating circumstances.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly read something into a massive injury followed by poor play. Hard for for top-five-pick QBs to live up to expectations even without a massive injury.

That said, it makes sense to build the rest of the pieces and see what the team can do with Tua, rather than drafting two top-five QBs in a row.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I was never a fan of him in college and really did not want the Dolphins to draft him. His biggest problem is that quarterbacks are always judged with the other quarterbacks they were drafted with and both Burrow and Herbert were miles and miles ahead of him last year.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iu

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would worry - a little - that Brady has nothing left to prove and is older than dirt.

Getting Old New Girl GIF

Tom Brady attempted 91 passes over 20yds last year.
No other QB attempted more than 80

As much as I hate to say it, TB12 still has it, until we see otherwise. I'm def not betting against him with all those weapons and that defense!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Old New Girl GIF

As much as I hate to say it, TB12 still has it, until we see otherwise. I'm def not betting against him with all those weapons and that defense!
Just so i am clear, were the pass attempts over 20 yards or were the results over 20 yards????
:trash:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so i am clear, were the pass attempts over 20 yards or were the results over 20 yards????
:trash:

91 attempts over 20 air yards

completed 44 of the 91 with 14 TDs

Brady, Byron, Bruce, and the Bucs had it going on with the long ball last year

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Old New Girl GIF

If he has a set plan to play until 45 (this year and next) and then hang it up, I can see him pushing to go out in style. If he has no fixed end date, I see him losing steam suddenly.