• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reason was Darrel Williams was in the system for 2 years, not 2 months. He had everyone's trust, and was much more up to speed with every audible, every adjustment, every Mahommes ad lib, in no way is it because he was a better RB than Bell.

Bell could lose a leg and still be a better RB than Williams, Edmonds and Gaskins (yes, exaggeration, I know). Maybe there's been a little loss, but honestly, we're talking about time with the Jets, who were all around putrid, and a 9 game sample with the Chiefs, where he was added mid-season, and will never be mistaken for having a decent ground game either. I'm sure there has been some degradation, but given the situations, I'm not sure how much weight to give to father time, and how much weight to give to where he was, how he was used, to really quantify where that's at. What I do know is that there at least WAS something special about Bell's game, and there is nothing special, nor exceptionally likely to be special, about Gaskins, Edmonds, or Conner's (not discounting that Conner's story is extremely special, admirable, and amazing) and go ahead and toss in Mike Davis, Sony Michel, Damien Harris too.
I'd much rather see a team fail at trying to improve their team by signing this guy and finding out that he is done, then by muddling in the apathy of mediocrity

again... Gaskin was on pace for the fifth most total yards in the NFL. There is nothing mediocre about that.

As the guy who drafted Bell at 3.1 in our Old School inaugural, I knew at the time I was making a mistake. (Add in Gurley at 2.12). My stubbornness took hold.

Steelers Bell doesn’t exist anymore. Even if that is only because of his pathetic attitude, that still matters. And now he blames coaches.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well as usual you guys have broken it down rather thoroughly solid analysis

maybe its just a simple case of too much me me me

there is no "I" in team i know basic math however.....

bye now back to .....:hockeysmile:...............
Hockey is still going?? It's friggin 90+ degrees out, what are they, synchronized swimming with sticks now? :)

Yeah, talent and who is or isn't a better RB may very well be a moot point if he's going to keep talking shit

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again... Gaskin was on pace for the fifth most total yards in the NFL. There is nothing mediocre about that.

As the guy who drafted Bell at 3.1 in our Old School inaugural, I knew at the time I was making a mistake. (Add in Gurley at 2.12). My stubbornness took hold.

Steelers Bell doesn’t exist anymore. Even if that is only because of his pathetic attitude, that still matters. And now he blames coaches.
On pace doesn't really matter match..his actual production was nothing special. Zero 100 yd rushing games, 3 rushing scores, 2 receiving, both against my pathetic Raiders, and a very mediocre 4.1 ypc..and missed a ton of time to injuries..it's a situation screaming for an upgrade.

There's a HUGE difference between saying a guy sucks, which I am NOT saying, and being aware that he could easily be upgraded

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pace doesn't really matter match..his actual production was nothing special. Zero 100 yd rushing games, 3 rushing scores, 2 receiving, both against my pathetic Raiders, and a very mediocre 4.1 ypc..and missed a ton of time to injuries..it's a situation screaming for an upgrade.

There's a HUGE difference between saying a guy sucks, which I am NOT saying, and being aware that he could easily be upgraded

His production was just under 100 total yards per game... which was top five for RB. Even taking a conservative approach to “on pace”, he would still be in the top ten total yards. On pace, as a whole, is a better barometer than ypc scrambled by opponents...because even with 4.1, he was in the top tier of yards gained per game.

I don’t think Bell can do that anymore. Teams seem to agree.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell's situation may simply boil down to the "Rex Burkhead Syndrome" where fantasy offianatos may see a logic "fit" or usage on an NFL team, but this generally is not in sync with coaching, scheme, or reality.

Also called the "Gus Edwards Syndrome"

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His production was just under 100 total yards per game... which was top five for RB. Even taking a conservative approach to “on pace”, he would still be in the top ten total yards. On pace, as a whole, is a better barometer than ypc scrambled by opponents...because even with 4.1, he was in the top tier of yards gained per game.

I don’t think Bell can do that anymore. Teams seem to agree.
Well how about this...

David Montgomery was #5 in yards from scrimmage, does anyone really think he's anything more than an average back? Did Chicago not add to their backfield?

James Robinson was #9, Jacksonville obviously thought they needed better.

And the difference from 5 to 12 is a whopping 100 yards, or 6.25 yards a game, #5 isn't exactly a claim to fame, especially in a year with no CMAC, Barkley, and Elliot having no QB for most of the season.

And this isn't entirely about Bell. Yes he's a option that's out there, and wether its coming in to form a duo or to try and displace him, it's not just that...it's about Miami doing absolutely nada to improve a 22nd ranked rushing offense, with a shaky starting QB, and a meddling defense. The next step is, "well, what can they do at this point?" A possible answer is L. Bell. Does he improve it? I dunno, but at least it's an effort to address a deficiency, not just sitting there hoping everyone just magically does better.

As to the teams agreeing, it's my opinion that has more to do with his BS attitude and his mouth, his probable price tag, and him claiming he's just waiting, than it is whether or not he's got game left. So 'Phins, go sign Duke Johnson, or Gurley, or Peterson or Shady..do something, since you dropped the ball during the draft and the first wave of free agency

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well how about this...

David Montgomery was #5 in yards from scrimmage, does anyone really think he's anything more than an average back? Did Chicago not add to their backfield?

James Robinson was #9, Jacksonville obviously thought they needed better.

And the difference from 5 to 12 is a whopping 100 yards, or 6.25 yards a game, #5 isn't exactly a claim to fame, especially in a year with no CMAC, Barkley, and Elliot having no QB for most of the season.

And this isn't entirely about Bell. Yes he's a option that's out there, and wether its coming in to form a duo or to try and displace him, it's not just that...it's about Miami doing absolutely nada to improve a 22nd ranked rushing offense, with a shaky starting QB, and a meddling defense. The next step is, "well, what can they do at this point?" A possible answer is L. Bell. Does he improve it? I dunno, but at least it's an effort to address a deficiency, not just sitting there hoping everyone just magically does better.

As to the teams agreeing, it's my opinion that has more to do with his BS attitude and his mouth, his probable price tag, and him claiming he's just waiting, than it is whether or not he's got game left. So 'Phins, go sign Duke Johnson, or Gurley, or Peterson or Shady..do something, since you dropped the ball during the draft and the first wave of free agency

a much better argument :)

I agree, Bell’s mouth can’t cash what his legs are selling anymore. I think AP would have been a better choice than Brown for the Phins, but it’s not like they’re set up to win games by running out the clock. Having a potential 60+ catch back for a fraction of Bell probably suits them more. Brown for the goal line, and Ahmed for back up (who did have a 100 yard game).

The Dolphins need a quarterback, not a running back. We’ll see if Tua can play, as they did upgrade their often banged up WR group. Should see a big difference between last year and this year in terms of the opposing defences concern with their passing game...maybe opening up improvement on 4.1 ypc.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a much better argument :)

I agree, Bell’s mouth can’t cash what his legs are selling anymore. I think AP would have been a better choice than Brown for the Phins, but it’s not like they’re set up to win games by running out the clock. Having a potential 60+ catch back for a fraction of Bell probably suits them more. Brown for the goal line, and Ahmed for back up (who did have a 100 yard game).

The Dolphins need a quarterback, not a running back. We’ll see if Tua can play, as they did upgrade their often banged up WR group. Should see a big difference between last year and this year in terms of the opposing defences concern with their passing game...maybe opening up improvement on 4.1un ypc.
Well we can certainly agree they need a QB, and from that angle, was why I think they should've seriously addressed the run game. It's much much harder to find that QB than it is to upgrade the running game and ride that as you continue the search.
One of the few things I think Denver is doing right. They didn't love Fields or Jones, they've been building an amazing secondary and strong pass rush, and since they're still searching for that QB, they strengthened the run game. Gordon and Boone would be plenty capable, but they added to it anyways, because they know that to be competitive, they'll need to lean on it.
Conversely, Miami brings brings in 2 track stars to play WR thinking it'll "open running lanes", smdh, which is what Elway did in Denver with Hamler and Juedy, and Gruden did with Agholor and Ruggs...it didn't help them win games, or open running lanes either because neither has the QB to take advantage of them..but I do believe, that with the upgraded backfield on both teams, their W/L records will improve. If they use them. Sucks that my Raiders don't have the D that Denver does, but at least the QB is less sucky

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Dolphins fan I would love it if they would upgrade Gaskin. Of course I think as long as we stick with Tua it isn't going to matter because I just don't think he's very good. If Tua starts from day 1 last year we probably go 6-10 which means Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick was worth 4 extra wins over Tua, so imagine what we could do with Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Dolphins fan I would love it if they would upgrade Gaskin. Of course I think as long as we stick with Tua it isn't going to matter because I just don't think he's very good. If Tua starts from day 1 last year we probably go 6-10 which means Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick was worth 4 extra wins over Tua, so imagine what we could do with Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson
I was researching some of that while digging through Gaskins #'s to see if they were hollow numbers or if maybe he ain't so bad.

Tua started 9 games, officially 6-3 as a starter, but digging deeper, Fitz came on in relief to win a couple of those, the team never scored 30 offensive points in any of those 9 games, and 3 times had 3 scores or less, and outside of KC and Buffalo (both losses), they played the dregs of the league, no other team in those 9 games were better than 8-8.
Replacing Tua wasn't a realistic option..improving the run game was

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing Tua wasn't a realistic option..improving the run game was
Actually they had the 1.03 pick in the draft so they sure could of drafted his replacement and should have. Instead they doubled down by trying to improve the WR corp by signing Fuller and drafting Waddle so he would have some good targets. Could they have signed a better RB? Well maybe A. Jones but he got expensive and Bell, Gurley etc just didn't look like upgrade but rather a waste of money. As for drafting one....think we agree this wasn't a great RB class. Their season rides on Tua improving a ton. I'm not hopeful myself.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they had the 1.03 pick in the draft so they sure could of drafted his replacement and should have. Instead they doubled down by trying to improve the WR corp by signing Fuller and drafting Waddle so he would have some good targets. Could they have signed a better RB? Well maybe A. Jones but he got expensive and Bell, Gurley etc just didn't look like upgrade but rather a waste of money. As for drafting one....think we agree this wasn't a great RB class. Their season rides on Tua improving a ton. I'm not hopeful myself.
Ha, true, yes, they could have..hypothetically. but would they get a Kyler Murray to replace Josh Rosen after Lawrence and Wilson were gone? Or would they just take another stab at a possible wasted high draft pick? I can get the hesitation to make that ballsy move, and maybe even the ego to "prove" they made the right call and stick with Tua, hell or high water

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your banking on Dolphins WRs this puts a frown on your face.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should focus on perfecting the run game?? :shrug:
They can do that next season, but they should of drafted a QB ( Maybe Fields) with that 1.03. It's not ever season that a team is in position to draft one of the top QB prospects.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure they could bring Marino back at age 59 and he could do better.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can do that next season, but they should of drafted a QB ( Maybe Fields) with that 1.03. It's not ever season that a team is in position to draft one of the top QB prospects.
Well they didn't, so outside of plugging in some random retread journeyman, or trading for Rodgers or Watson, they're stuck at QB..so that's the option that's left. Install a Ravens-esque offense, and stockpile RB's..there's plenty of those out there