• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I cited passer rating but I really just used completion % and ypa. I ain’t that smart.

And I have an idea for a game after the season. We’ll see!
Hope the game is something like "Trade some shitty players fer draft picks" or something like that.....lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch steelers yesterday, but have watched a few this yr to know there's about 50 guys in the league right now that can give ya what Ben is, so hard to say anyone is better/worse or gives you a better chance to win behind center when steelers are getting below avg QB play with any of their options.

If you want to believe Ben pulls it out vs Lions with his moxie, I'm not here to stop that, was asking for any kind of evidence to support the belief.

Unless the other players don't fumble when Ben plays, the "he looks better" or "runs the team better" isn't enough for me when we have 9-10 wks of in-season data that proves he's not doing anything any backup QB in the league can't do if given a shot.

The only logical reason to think steelers win if Ben is in there is because we already know they tied with Mason. Steelers could've just as easily tied or lost with Ben too, but I guess I touched a nerve by stating that part out loud.
If you didnt watch the game, its very hard to convey. Believe it or not Rudolphs arm looks softer than bens. The one pass, literally the one pass all game that he needed to lob it soft, he fires a fn cannon. Won't attack downfield or the middle. Missed guys multiple times in the flat, or wide open. Mason has just been bad. Perhaps @FaCe-LeE-uS can chime in on Ben vs Rudolph
Well I did watch the game and unless Ben was going to play defense to stop the 229 yards rushing then I'm not sure how much better it would have gone. The Lions screwed their chances of winning just as many times as the Steelers did. That game ended exactly as it should have since neither team really did anything to prove they wanted to win it. I think the Steelers play calling was horrible. In the third quarter the Steelers got to the five yard line, they threw 3 straight incompletions and had to settle for a field goal. Why would you trust Mason Rudolph over Najee Harris there? And Rudolph had 50 pass attempts against the 29th ranked run defense. I know that Harris still had 26 rush attempts, but it seemed like at times they were perfectly content to just let Rudolph throw it. I think Claypool being out was as much of a factor as Ben being out because they could focus all of their pass defense on Johnson.
No argument on things. I just wanna point to everyone out that while most think najee has been doing his thing. Its he's kinda been doing his thing. The pass game, yeah hes doing it . Run wise......the run game this year, is exactly the same as the steelers run game last year. 3.6 YPC. We all remember how bad it was. This year, the run game is ALL Najee, no one else touches the ball,.......... at 3.6 ypc. They have just committed to running no matter what. The other major factor is Matt Canada, our shiny new O-coordinator. Perhaps face can chime in on that too. Not saying any of this towards you, just pointing out in general that while the numbers and volume look good, our run game is literally just as bad as last year, which was pathetic.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didnt watch the game, its very hard to convey. Believe it or not Rudolphs arm looks softer than bens. The one pass, literally the one pass all game that he needed to lob it soft, he fires a fn cannon. Won't attack downfield or the middle. Missed guys multiple times in the flat, or wide open. Mason has just been bad. Perhaps @FaCe-LeE-uS can chime in on Ben vs Rudolph

No argument on things. I just wanna point to everyone out that while most think najee has been doing his thing. Its he's kinda been doing his thing. The pass game, yeah hes doing it . Run wise......the run game this year, is exactly the same as the steelers run game last year. 3.6 YPC. We all remember how bad it was. This year, the run game is ALL Najee, no one else touches the ball,.......... at 3.6 ypc. They have just committed to running no matter what. The other major factor is Matt Canada, our shiny new O-coordinator. Perhaps face can chime in on that too. Not saying any of this towards you, just pointing out in general that while the numbers and volume look good, our run game is literally just as bad as last year, which was pathetic.

Well the major question mark was the offensive line and that was the worry everybody had in the off-season with Najee, he's just saved it by being so involved in the passing game this year. And I'm all for throwing the ball, but you HAVE to be able to run the ball inside the ten yard line to be effective down there and it just doesn't seem like there is any kind of creativity in the playcalling at all. Run a jet sweep or put some guys in motion or something, it just seemed like they were very stagnant on offense. But even with that being said, it has to kill you as a Steelers fan to give up that many rushing yards since that used to be their identity as a defense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the major question mark was the offensive line and that was the worry everybody had in the off-season with Najee, he's just saved it by being so involved in the passing game this year. And I'm all for throwing the ball, but you HAVE to be able to run the ball inside the ten yard line to be effective down there and it just doesn't seem like there is any kind of creativity in the playcalling at all. Run a jet sweep or put some guys in motion or something, it just seemed like they were very stagnant on offense. But even with that being said, it has to kill you as a Steelers fan to give up that many rushing yards since that used to be their identity as a defense.
Again, agree. But canada has been heavily incorporating sweeps at least, maybe not yeaterdar. They dont work. Comes back to the line. Which wasnt addressed in the off season really.

Yeah you never ever like to get run on. Perhaps if devon bush, our 10th overall pick we traded up to get played better. He should be benched, he is a major major liability.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, agree. But canada has been heavily incorporating sweeps at least, maybe not yeaterdar. They dont work. Comes back to the line. Which wasnt addressed in the off season really.

Yeah you never ever like to get run on. Perhaps if devon bush, our 10th overall pick we traded up to get played better. He should be benched, he is a major major liability.
I agree about Bush, he's just not very good at recognizing much of anything. Certainly a major disappointment for somebody you traded up in the 1st round to get.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if this is the final nail in the coffin? Couldn't even cement a role in a talent-depleted team like BAL that was starving for RBs this season. 2.7ypc... Yea you're going to have to open up garage-sized lanes for someone like that. His only 'ability' at this point is goalline ability using his big frame to pound it in.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if this is the final nail in the coffin? Couldn't even cement a role in a talent-depleted team like BAL that was starving for RBs this season. 2.7ypc... Yea you're going to have to open up garage-sized lanes for someone like that. His only 'ability' at this point is goalline ability using his big frame to pound it in.
i think so. He is a shell of his former self

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Bush, he's just not very good at recognizing much of anything. Certainly a major disappointment for somebody you traded up in the 1st round to get.
Its so frustrating to see how far he has fallen from grace. He was a menace in his rookie year and everything they thought he would be. Then he tears up his knee and looks like a ghost of his former self.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think so. He is a shell of his former self
Been sayin that since his short stint with the Chiefs.

Can people finally pay the Steelers OL from 2014 to 2017 some respect? lol. Bell wasn't carrying those offenses like everyone thought he was.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least he proved SP correct in that he's basically worthless, and I had cut bait on him everywhere weeks ago.
Man like face said. He was good/great. But he was quite as good as most thought. It was our amazing offensive line. I miss those days. I think alot of the league kinda felt that way too. No one was signing him, he leaked all the rumors that anyone was even remotely interested then adam gase signs him.

Regardless. Lets find someone new to argue about.:suds::suds:perhaps @TKOSpikes and Mecole hardman:D

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh, smack talk.

NFL.com columnist Jim Trotter said there's a "growing perception that the more physical and muddy an opponent makes the game, the less the Rams like it."​

The Rams have been physically dominated on both sides of the ball over the past couple weeks. In Week 9, the Derrick Henry-less Titans beat the Rams 28-16 while sacking Matthew Stafford five times and picking him off twice. The 49ers on Monday night intercepted two Stafford passes -- one for a touchdown -- while pressuring him throughout and sacking him twice. It's a curious trend for a Rams offensive line graded by Pro Football Focus as the best pass-blocking unit in the NFL. Stafford has been terrible under pressure over the past two games, completing six of 18 passes for 37 yards. On Monday night, the Niners defense overwhelmed the Rams, especially when LA was forced into obvious passing situations. Cooper Kupp is likely the only Rams player who can withstand the team's offensive struggles. Sean McVay will try to right the ship during the Rams' Week 11 bye.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man like face said. He was good/great. But he was quite as good as most thought. It was our amazing offensive line. I miss those days. I think alot of the league kinda felt that way too. No one was signing him, he leaked all the rumors that anyone was even remotely interested then adam gase signs him.

Regardless. Lets find someone new to argue about.:suds::suds:perhaps @TKOSpikes and Mecole hardman:D
OH I'm sure that will come in time. Like when the Dolphins and Falcons fail, yet again, to address the RB position in the 2022 draft, and wether they should be signing Melvin Gordon or Fournette

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh, smack talk.

NFL.com columnist Jim Trotter said there's a "growing perception that the more physical and muddy an opponent makes the game, the less the Rams like it."​

The Rams have been physically dominated on both sides of the ball over the past couple weeks. In Week 9, the Derrick Henry-less Titans beat the Rams 28-16 while sacking Matthew Stafford five times and picking him off twice. The 49ers on Monday night intercepted two Stafford passes -- one for a touchdown -- while pressuring him throughout and sacking him twice. It's a curious trend for a Rams offensive line graded by Pro Football Focus as the best pass-blocking unit in the NFL. Stafford has been terrible under pressure over the past two games, completing six of 18 passes for 37 yards. On Monday night, the Niners defense overwhelmed the Rams, especially when LA was forced into obvious passing situations. Cooper Kupp is likely the only Rams player who can withstand the team's offensive struggles. Sean McVay will try to right the ship during the Rams' Week 11 bye.
thats a pretty common belief when the offense is built on passing the ball and doesn't necessarily have a strong rushing attack...and....its also pretty commonly true

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH I'm sure that will come in time. Like when the Dolphins and Falcons fail, yet again, to address the RB position in the 2022 draft, and wether they should be signing Melvin Gordon or Fournette
Hahh right. Although lennys looked good. This is also probably the best melvin gordon has ever been as well.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that call watching the White Sox games
Sadly Hawk doesnt call games anymore but I loved it. People either loved or hated Hawk. There really wasnt much in between