• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still of the opinion that as far as returning players, Ozigbo is a bigger threat to Robinson than Armstead would be. But the fact that both are going to be back, and eventually JAX will have all three plus Chris Thompson, makes me a little Leary of any of them, unless Robinson takes command. 70 rushing and 30 receiving ain't quite there yet.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still of the opinion that as far as returning players, Ozigbo is a bigger threat to Robinson than Armstead would be. But the fact that both are going to be back, and eventually JAX will have all three plus Chris Thompson, makes me a little Leary of any of them, unless Robinson takes command. 70 rushing and 30 receiving ain't quite there yet.
For his first game and against a decent defense I thought he had a solid game. If he is your Flex start, he performed admirably.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70 rushing yards is on pace for over 1100 yards. That is generally considered a good season.

If he adds another 30 receiving that puts him on pace for 1600 all-purpose yards. Still considered good if not top 10.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70 rushing yards is on pace for over 1100 yards. That is generally considered a good season.

If he adds another 30 receiving that puts him on pace for 1600 all-purpose yards. Still considered good if not top 10.
I get not fully trusting it though. Jags had no business winning that game. Rivers gave it away with two AWFUL INTs. They got outgained nearly 2-0. I think the Titans bring them back down to earth. However, if the young Jags manage a win this weekend watch out. Their fans will be unbearable...all three of them.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well thats the thing though, its nice, but it ain't great. It ain't, "the job is yours" good, ya know?

Having not seen a single play where he had the ball yet, ya know, was he getting what was blocked? Was he creating yardage? Was he a hard tackle? Did he finish runs? I dunno any of those answers, just his finalnal stat line, which, again, was nice, but is it real?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats the thing though, its nice, but it ain't great. It ain't, "the job is yours" good, ya know?

Having not seen a single play where he had the ball yet, ya know, was he getting what was blocked? Was he creating yardage? Was he a hard tackle? Did he finish runs? I dunno any of those answers, just his finalnal stat line, which, again, was nice, but is it real?
Well i subscribe to the Jurassic Park's Dr. Ian Malcolm on this.
To loosely quote him... "they (i.e. Armstead and Ozigbo) had their shot." NFL teams cant wait around forever.
Maybe if either was elite, i can see how Robinson might be considered a placeholder. But they have proved only that they need time and get hurt. Not exactly the kind of resume you want in the NFL.
Go Robinson!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Shanahan said that Kittle will not practice all week, but that Kittle could still play this weekend. LOL, this gives me no confidence. I'll continue to roster Hockenson.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Shanahan said that Kittle will not practice all week, but that Kittle could still play this weekend. LOL, this gives me no confidence. I'll continue to roster Hockenson.
Packers have struggled to cover TEs for years. We have a more athletic LB now but who knows.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looks good. That OL is not good. With that said, the Jags have no investment in him so regardlesss of how he is playing there will always be a little concern over his longterm stability.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think? Is it worth having Hunt as a handcuff to Chubb in an 8 team PPR or is it just going to be frustrating not knowing what’s going to happen with those two? Chubb is clearly the guy, but Hunt is obviously capable of carrying the load and is the better pass catcher.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think? Is it worth having Hunt as a handcuff to Chubb in an 8 team PPR or is it just going to be frustrating not knowing what’s going to happen with those two? Chubb is clearly the guy, but Hunt is obviously capable of carrying the load and is the better pass catcher.
Hunt carries standalone value IMO.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. My point is, he could be even more valuable to me as I currently have Chubb
Usually in 8 team leagues I would think its a waste of time to cuff players but Hunt is worth a roster spot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Team PPR

My Roster:

QB: Ryan
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Swift, L. Bell (IR), J. Robinson
WR: Julio, TY, Diggs, Sutton, Golladay, T. Boyd, Landry, Marquise Brown
TE:Ertz

Their Roster:
QB: Jackson, Newton
RB: Elliot, Drake, Mostert, Hunt, Akers, Fournette, Dobbins
WR: Hopkins, Ridley, A.J Brown, P. Campbell, D. Samuel (IR)
TE: Andrews

Basically, I could stand to beef up my RB position and have too many capable WRs, and they are kind of in the opposite camp.

I get: Hunt
They get: Hilton and Marquise Brown. Maybe try to capitalize off Boyd’s big game last night?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Team PPR

My Roster:

Their Roster:

Basically, I could stand to beef up my RB position and have too many capable WRs, and they are kind of in the opposite camp.

They get: Hilton and Marquise Brown. Maybe try to capitalize off Boyd’s big game last night?
I would probably stand pat at the moment. You have some injuries at WR so it would be tough to move some of them until the others return. Just my $0.02

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks good. That OL is not good. With that said, the Jags have no investment in him so regardlesss of how he is playing there will always be a little concern over his longterm stability.

I finally took the time to check out "every touch for James Robinson". He did look good, not great, but better than I had feared. Good power, good finish, a tough tackle, decisive. He could stick for at least the year, maybe.

Oddly enough, I thought I was watching an Ozigbo highlight reel from Nebraska

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally took the time to check out "every touch for James Robinson". He did look good, not great, but better than I had feared. Good power, good finish, a tough tackle, decisive. He could stick for at least the year, maybe.

Oddly enough, I thought I was watching an Ozigbo highlight reel from Nebraska
He was better than I expected however part of that comes from not being able to see anything in the preseason.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Team PPR

My Roster:

Their Roster:

After Hunts performance last night, if his owner is smart, his price just went up.
Agree with Trudem to stand pat.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Boyd either. With TE Uzo's injury, he may see his targets increase. Not to mention that rookie QB should feel more comfortable throwing to single coverage guys like Boyd anyway.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, even in an 8 team. He has real value, not just as a handcuff. We saw the value in a blowout loss as well as in a win-high scoring affair. Getting opportunties in the passing games and 9 yards per carry ain't bad.