• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has too, hes always hurt, needs to get paid. But do you pay the guy who cant stay healthy

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook will not participate in any team activities until he receives a new contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
“He’s out,” a source told Schefter. “Without a reasonable extension, he will not be showing up for camp or beyond.” Cook is entering the final season of his four-year rookie deal and is scheduled to make just over $2 million in 2020. While the Vikings traded away Stefon Diggs this offseason, they did hand Kirk Cousins a contract extension with $61 million guaranteed at signing. That likely impacted Cook's stance, as the runner recorded over 1,600 total yards last season to go along with 13 touchdowns. Backs nearing second contracts are starting to understand they need to lock up their money as quickly as possible. From the Vikings' side, they know Cook has only played 29 games in three seasons due to various injuries. Per Schefter, the two sides have not spoken since last week and have no further discussions scheduled right now. Alexander Mattison would instantly be viewed as a top 15 running back option in any game that Dalvin Cook misses.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook will not participate in any team activities until he receives a new contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
“He’s out,” a source told Schefter. “Without a reasonable extension, he will not be showing up for camp or beyond.” Cook is entering the final season of his four-year rookie deal and is scheduled to make just over $2 million in 2020. While the Vikings traded away Stefon Diggs this offseason, they did hand Kirk Cousins a contract extension with $61 million guaranteed at signing. That likely impacted Cook's stance, as the runner recorded over 1,600 total yards last season to go along with 13 touchdowns. Backs nearing second contracts are starting to understand they need to lock up their money as quickly as possible. From the Vikings' side, they know Cook has only played 29 games in three seasons due to various injuries. Per Schefter, the two sides have not spoken since last week and have no further discussions scheduled right now. Alexander Mattison would instantly be viewed as a top 15 running back option in any game that Dalvin Cook misses.

Why, oh why, did they pay Cousins that money? I'll never understand this. :L:L:L

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I have nothing , my point was blown up. I now resort to asking more questions based on speculation"
Listen, clown. I liked his info and he shredded my second point. I wanted to know what he had on my first point. He can have
a valuable opinion and could contribute useful information. So I asked him. Same reason I didn't ask you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of these exact same rumors were floated around TB last off season, when there was "no way in hell" that arians would go into the regular season with just RoJo and Barber.

now, out of boredom, these exact same rumors are circulating the fantasy world cause there is "no way in hell" that arians/TB12 would go into the regular season with just RoJo and Vaughn

anyone else seeing a pattern here?
Did Arians learn from his mistake last season?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Arians learn from his mistake last season?

with only $4.8mm in cap space right now, i'll go with this answer.....

200.gif

party on, wayne!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Freeman gets cheap enough they'll add him??

out of all the older FA backs, he's the only one that said he was prepared to sit out this season, so no clue.

but i feel like right now, anyone prognosticating where any of these vet backs will land are just grasping at straws

vet minimum is 1.05mil in 2020, so is Freeman willing to take the minimum? reports have indicated he wants more than that, but I don't actually know what he wants.

anything more than the minimum and you're asking a team to commit about 50% of their available cap to an old RB that hasn't played a full season in a few years. I just can't see that being a good ROI for any team, but Brady on a 2yr deal, they do have to pull out all the stops NOW, vs playing it safe

R_Gl_5.gif

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of all the older FA backs, he's the only one that said he was prepared to sit out this season, so no clue.

but i feel like right now, anyone prognosticating where any of these vet backs will land are just grasping at straws

vet minimum is 1.05mil in 2020, so is Freeman willing to take the minimum? reports have indicated he wants more than that, but I don't actually know what he wants.

anything more than the minimum and you're asking a team to commit about 50% of their available cap to an old RB that hasn't played a full season in a few years. I just can't see that being a good ROI for any team, but Brady on a 2yr deal, they do have to pull out all the stops NOW, vs playing it safe

R_Gl_5.gif
when the 'Hawks signed Hyde to a one year, 2.75m, with incentives up to 4m, it was reported that Freeman turned down what was basically that same deal, so I'd go with no, he he ain't gonna sign for the vet minimum, or even double that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R_Gl_5.gif
Someone cited Chris Johnson/David Johnson. It worked for Bruce before to start with a vet and finish with a rookie.

I just don't see their current RBs being enough. Even if they're going to throw 800 times, who's going to pass block?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone cited Chris Johnson/David Johnson. It worked for Bruce before to start with a vet and finish with a rookie.

I just don't see their current RBs being enough. Even if they're going to throw 800 times, who's going to pass block?

twitter, ftw

upload_2020-6-9_15-37-7.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the 'Hawks signed Hyde to a one year, 2.75m, with incentives up to 4m, it was reported that Freeman turned down what was basically that same deal, so I'd go with no, he he ain't gonna sign for the vet minimum, or even double that.

yup, and I don't see any way in hell that TB spends over 50% of their remaining cap on RB after drafting Vaughn in the 3rd

they could have just waited another round or two if FA vet RB was a serious part of their plans

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be interesting. Anyone believe that he will actually sit out?

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports holdout Dalvin Cook would "gladly" take an offer in the $13 million-per-year range.

The initial figure reportedly proposed by Cook's camp was close to $16 million annually (similar to Christian McCaffrey's recent extension), but that side has recently dropped their number to just under $15 million. It's still far removed from the Vikings' initial offer of $10 million per year. As Cronin points out, Minnesota signed Stefon Diggs, Xavier Rhodes, Everson Griffen and Linval Joseph to extensions on the eve of camp in recent years, so all hope is not lost. But Cook remains prepared to sit out the season and avoid playing during the final year of his rookie deal — a transgression that would cause the 24-year-old to become a restricted free agent (rather than unrestricted) after the 2020 season. Buckle up.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be interesting. Anyone believe that he will actually sit out?

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports holdout Dalvin Cook would "gladly" take an offer in the $13 million-per-year range.

The initial figure reportedly proposed by Cook's camp was close to $16 million annually (similar to Christian McCaffrey's recent extension), but that side has recently dropped their number to just under $15 million. It's still far removed from the Vikings' initial offer of $10 million per year. As Cronin points out, Minnesota signed Stefon Diggs, Xavier Rhodes, Everson Griffen and Linval Joseph to extensions on the eve of camp in recent years, so all hope is not lost. But Cook remains prepared to sit out the season and avoid playing during the final year of his rookie deal — a transgression that would cause the 24-year-old to become a restricted free agent (rather than unrestricted) after the 2020 season. Buckle up.
I don't think he will give up this year and lose his chance at an unrestricted free agency, ,but who knows. I believe Mixon might be in the same boat as well.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will give up this year and lose his chance at an unrestricted free agency, ,but who knows. I believe Mixon might be in the same boat as well.
so is kamara:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks circling already. Got my first inquiry for Cook in a league I own him. No offer, just what you want for him.