• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 372703

They did not trust him to protect Burrow or Browning last year, so if Brown got better on that end, I do think he gives ya more pop than Moss, but we all know RBs that don't block usually don't get the rock when they aren't plus athletes to begin with
Burrow and Brown played together for like one drive in the preseason. The highlights show only one pass play with any RB in pass protection - it was Brown and he picked up the blitz okay.

13 seconds in:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Cincinnati Bengals 2024 PRE 1 - Game Center

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow and Brown played together for like one drive in the preseason. The highlights show only one pass play with any RB in pass protection - it was Brown and he picked up the blitz okay.

13 seconds in:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Cincinnati Bengals 2024 PRE 1 - Game Center

The knocks on him coming out of college were pass protection and acceleration but he has great top end speed and enough wiggle to make tacklers miss. If he's gotten better on that end could easily lead the backfield.

They also kept moss on ice throughout the preseason, which leads me to believe he gets first crack

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats everyones thoughts on the bengals backfield?
Some site boldly lisyed Brown as the RB1.

And most every other ranking throws the asterisk in there that Brown will at some point take over for Moss. To me, Moss seems like a wasted pick.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knocks on him coming out of college were pass protection and acceleration but he has great top end speed and enough wiggle to make tacklers miss. If he's gotten better on that end could easily lead the backfield.

They also kept moss on ice throughout the preseason, which leads me to believe he gets first crack
And/or they wanted to see Brown’s pass protection against real opponents.

My guess is it starts very close to 50/50.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eam reporter Kelsey Russo said RB Jerome Ford “is poised to have another strong season in the featured back role.”
The report helpfully affirms prior fantasy market assumptions about Ford’s likely role. The Browns’ Weeks 1-4 schedule includes the Cowboys, Jaguars, Giants and Raiders. Ford’s access to high-volume touch counts helps keep him RB2/3-viable against these stacked defensive fronts. Russo also lists veteran D’Onta Foreman in the No. 2 running back spot, having "[demonstrated during] his two preseason games how he can catch out of the backfield and be utilized as a power back, having success in short yardage situations.”

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Brown rushed five times for 10 yards in Saturday’s preseason game against the Buccaneers.
Brown also added one catch for zero yards. The second-year back drew a surprise start for the Bengals in this one, with Zack Moss (illness) an unexpected scratch. It wasn’t a great showing for Brown, who also saw two touches inside the red zone, but he was firmly entrenched as the primary back with the first team. He’ll see more of a split with Moss in the lineup. :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 372703

They did not trust him to protect Burrow or Browning last year, so if Brown got better on that end, I do think he gives ya more pop than Moss, but we all know RBs that don't block usually don't get the rock when they aren't plus athletes to begin with
Thats a little shocking right there. Yikes

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Russo also lists veteran D’Onta Foreman in the No. 2 running back spot, having "[demonstrated during] his two preseason games how he can catch out of the backfield and be utilized as a power back, having success in short yardage situations.”
so he praises Ford and that he's 'in position' to have a great year, then goes on to spell out exactly how the other back on the team does all the things that score fantasy points -receptions and scores-

How exactly does that translate to Ford being in position to have a great year?

It's just like Dowdle being poised to have a great year, except Zeke is better at catching and scoring, and Cook is better at catching and scoring- but Dowdle is setup to be the best back in Dallas!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could get settled soon but glad I don’t own any Chase stock

I drafted Burrow in the 5th round in my main money league, and 8th overall (after six rounds of keepers) in my other money league.

Gulp

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollywood Brown (shoulder) will not play in Week 1 against the Ravens.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "Ya'll are freakin' out about me having Kyren doing punt returns, so I'm announcing this! Have a nice day!"

:pound: :pound: :pound:

The Rams listed Blake Corum as the No. 2 running back and the No. 1 kick returner on the unofficial depth chart.

The Athletic’s Jourdan Rodrigue followed up with McVay on the matter, reporting via social media that McVay said “Corum may possibly return kicks.” The news comes after McVay announced the team’s lead RB, Kyren Williams, will also return punts this year. Williams’ punt return announcement initially led to speculation regarding his rushing and receiving workload but Corum’s kick return news muddies the waters. It may indicate that McVay is simply focusing on getting the ball to his most talented playmakers whenever possible.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wilwhite: man, if you hit on this, you get all the props in the world.

The Athletic’s Daniel Popper says Chargers RB J.K. Dobbins looked “really explosive in camp.”

Dobbins is coming off a ruptured Achilles suffered in Week 1 of last season. He has had major leg injuries throughout his four-year career, but Popper reports Dobbins is looking healthy and the “low-risk bet is going to pay off for the Chargers.” The Chargers have Dobbins, Gus Edwards, and Kimani Vidal competing for touches in the backfield. A healthy Dobbins has averaged 5.8 yards per carry through 24 games in his career and could provide burst as a late-round fantasy flier this season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "Ya'll are freakin' out about me having Kyren doing punt returns, so I'm announcing this! Have a nice day!"

:pound: :pound: :pound:

The Rams listed Blake Corum as the No. 2 running back and the No. 1 kick returner on the unofficial depth chart.

The Athletic’s Jourdan Rodrigue followed up with McVay on the matter, reporting via social media that McVay said “Corum may possibly return kicks.” The news comes after McVay announced the team’s lead RB, Kyren Williams, will also return punts this year. Williams’ punt return announcement initially led to speculation regarding his rushing and receiving workload but Corum’s kick return news muddies the waters. It may indicate that McVay is simply focusing on getting the ball to his most talented playmakers whenever possible.
Corum did do kick returns early on at Michigan. And Williams did punts his last year at ND.

But this seems reckless.