• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports, “Some personnel people inside the league believe the Ravens will target a running back with a pedigree in free agency.”

possible/expected 2024 NFL Free agent RB's
Derrick Henry
Josh Jacobs
Barkley
Pollard
Ekeler
Zeke
Singletary
CEH
Swift
Foreman
D. Harris
K. Hunt
R. Penny
AJ Dillon
amongst many others that may or may not be noteworthy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports, “Some personnel people inside the league believe the Ravens will target a running back with a pedigree in free agency.”

possible/expected 2024 NFL Free agent RB's
Derrick Henry
Josh Jacobs
Barkley
Pollard
Ekeler
Zeke
Singletary
CEH
Swift
Foreman
D. Harris
K. Hunt
R. Penny
AJ Dillon
amongst many others that may or may not be noteworthy.

that would be interesting. draft seems a bit light on top end RB talent, good year for there to be a robust FA pool for us fantasy nerds, should see a few backfields shook up before draft day

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be interesting. draft seems a bit light on top end RB talent, good year for there to be a robust FA pool for us fantasy nerds, should see a few backfields shook up before draft day
Should be,
my only hope is that guys like Henry and Jacobs, maybe Barkley if he makes it to free agency, don't end up on the teams with a, more or less, set RB already. I don't wanna see Josh Jacobs go to NE and split with Stevenson, or Derrick Henry go to Jacksonville and split with Etienne, it jsut screws them both, fantasy wise.

Then it goes from "interesting" to a pain in the effin' A

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be,
my only hope is that guys like Henry and Jacobs, maybe Barkley if he makes it to free agency, don't end up on the teams with a, more or less, set RB already. I don't wanna see Josh Jacobs go to NE and split with Stevenson, or Derrick Henry go to Jacksonville and split with Etienne, it jsut screws them both, fantasy wise.

Then it goes from "interesting" to a pain in the effin' A
Well if there's anything we've learned the last several years, it's that teams that don't need running backs tend to be the ones that sign them and draft them and the teams that do need a running back just decide that they are fine. The Giants, Cowboys, Chargers, and Eagles have to either sign somebody or draft one. It could be the same guy they had last year, but all of them need somebody. The Raiders might be fine letting Zamir White take over and the Titans are probably fine with Spears taking over although both will need to sign somebody else to compliment them regardless.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if there's anything we've learned the last several years, it's that teams that don't need running backs tend to be the ones that sign them and draft them and the teams that do need a running back just decide that they are fine. The Giants, Cowboys, Chargers, and Eagles have to either sign somebody or draft one. It could be the same guy they had last year, but all of them need somebody. The Raiders might be fine letting Zamir White take over and the Titans are probably fine with Spears taking over although both will need to sign somebody else to compliment them regardless.
Miles Sanders to the Jets.. brilliant!

Yes, that has often been the case.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons tight ends coach Kevin Kroger said the team views Kyle Pitts as an “asset” in the run game.
“We’re not oblivious to the fact of his skill sets, what he does bring to the team from a receiving standpoint, so there are a lot of things that you can do to be creative and use his skill set in the pass game,” Koger told the team’s website. “But with him and the way we’re going to run the ball and the athleticism he does have, there are a lot of things he can do in the run game to help us out to win football games. ... You’ll see him all over the field, not just out wide but also in the box.” Koger’s comments come a week after new Falcons offensive coordinator Zac Robinson said Pitts has “formational versatility” and would be used across the formation in 2024. It’s not exactly what fantasy managers want to hear about the hyper-athletic Pitts, who was relegated to a bit role in Arthur Smith’s offense over the past three seasons. Pro Football Focus graded Pitts’ run blocking 109th out of 110 qualifying tight ends in 2023. One-third of his snaps last season were spent run blocking. It would be a surprise if Atlanta’s new coaching staff did not deploy Pitts in a more fantasy friendly way.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons tight ends coach Kevin Kroger said the team views Kyle Pitts as an “asset” in the run game.
“We’re not oblivious to the fact of his skill sets, what he does bring to the team from a receiving standpoint, so there are a lot of things that you can do to be creative and use his skill set in the pass game,” Koger told the team’s website. “But with him and the way we’re going to run the ball and the athleticism he does have, there are a lot of things he can do in the run game to help us out to win football games. ... You’ll see him all over the field, not just out wide but also in the box.” Koger’s comments come a week after new Falcons offensive coordinator Zac Robinson said Pitts has “formational versatility” and would be used across the formation in 2024. It’s not exactly what fantasy managers want to hear about the hyper-athletic Pitts, who was relegated to a bit role in Arthur Smith’s offense over the past three seasons. Pro Football Focus graded Pitts’ run blocking 109th out of 110 qualifying tight ends in 2023. One-third of his snaps last season were spent run blocking. It would be a surprise if Atlanta’s new coaching staff did not deploy Pitts in a more fantasy friendly way.
109th out of 110 eh? 110 must've been Tim Tebow.

Dude can't run block. they can talk all they want about lining him up in the box, but his only contribution to the run game would be running a clear out and hopefully taking a LB and/or safety with him..which is tough to do when the line is obviously run blocking

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1708981991533.png
1708982025820.png
1708982062584.png
1708982102843.png
1708982140734.png

All these RBs not getting tagged should prop up a terrible RB class this season, at least a little. Course these older RBs likely land jobs some where, just for less money.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft a RB. Pick up the 5th year if possible. Let him walk.

Other than a handful of cases, seems to be the plan.

Yep this RB FA class is going to be pretty nice.
Barkley or Jacobs for me.

I think Barkley gets a payday. Jacobs? Seems to me that he's kinda pissed off about the past. Maybe Pierce gets together with him and gets things straight.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley or Jacobs for me.

I think Barkley gets a payday. Jacobs? Seems to me that he's kinda pissed off about the past. Maybe Pierce gets together with him and gets things straight.
His AAV is valued at $10M, right about where his 5th option was at. Seems kinda low but it all depends on who is interested. If there is a RB out there a team will overpay...it's Saquon imo.

Cincy has till 3/18/24 before that Mixon bonus kicks in. They have other needs but I would hate to see Saquon in Cincy with all those other weapons.
Texans have a lot of cap space. Makes sense for them too.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His AAV is valued at $10M, right about where his 5th option was at. Seems kinda low but it all depends on who is interested. If there is a RB out there a team will overpay...it's Saquon imo.

Cincy has till 3/18/24 before that Mixon bonus kicks in. They have other needs but I would hate to see Saquon in Cincy with all those other weapons.
Texans have a lot of cap space. Makes sense for them too.
Whatcha think about Ekeler? I'm not even gonna bring up Henry, because I think with him, it is what it is. An older freak of nature who's gonna score big with a one or two year deal.

Ekeler? Seriously screwed himself in a contract year. The ankle sprain, or was it hitting the wall for a 29 year old workhorse RB?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...as a Vikings fan?

I'd take any of these MFers on my team next year. Mixon too!

Hell, I'd even invite Dalvin Cook back!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatcha think about Ekeler? I'm not even gonna bring up Henry, because I think with him, it is what it is. An older freak of nature who's gonna score big with a one or two year deal.

Ekeler? Seriously screwed himself in a contract year. The ankle sprain, or was it hitting the wall for a 29 year old workhorse RB?
He definitely screwed himself. He is worst of the bunch bc he is more of a threat out of the backfield than a runner. Only over 200 carries twice in his career. He won't get big money like the other guys imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...as a Vikings fan?

I'd take any of these MFers on my team next year. Mixon too!

Hell, I'd even invite Dalvin Cook back!
Oh My God Wow GIF

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offensive game plan hurt him more than the other stuff. He needs targets/receptions to be good