• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football League

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm setting up polls on the league page so everyone can have a say in some of the league settings.

Trying to be too democratic could lead to issues. If people join the league with a vision of what they want (no IDP), but the league decides on something else (IDP), then you risk having those guys check out mid-season. If you establish the rules, roster sizes, keeper status etc and post those on here, I don't think you'll have a problem getting 12 guys that are willing to play, and will stick around throughout since they know what they're getting into from the beginning.

Create the league you (and supreme) want, and then give everyone the option of joining.

I'm in know matter what, I'm not really concerned about what the rules are.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to be too democratic could lead to issues. If people join the league with a vision of what they want (no IDP), but the league decides on something else (IDP), then you risk having those guys check out mid-season. If you establish the rules, roster sizes, keeper status etc and post those on here, I don't think you'll have a problem getting 12 guys that are willing to play, and will stick around throughout since they know what they're getting into from the beginning.

Create the league you (and supreme) want, and then give everyone the option of joining.

I agree with Imac the last major decision to be made is IDP or no & I PM'd everyone who has not voted on that to vote. I don't care if its IDP or not since I can do both but prefer IDP. Right now it looks like its still split so hopefully people vote tonight.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we need a name I am a fan of Justice League or Injustice League. I do favor the Injustice moniker a little more always more fun to be the bad guy

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we need a name I am a fan of Justice League or Injustice League. I do favor the Injustice moniker a little more always more fun to be the bad guy

Sorry, I saw this after I'd already created the league. I think we have a pretty good league name.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Alpha League is created and invites have gone out to those who have given me their email addresses so far.

Those in or with invites pending so far are:

1. Me
2. imac_21
3. jayviabay
4. erckm510
5. 4lifer9er

The ones who have expressed an interest in joining but haven't given me their email addresses yet are:

6. supreme_clientele81
7. badazzk9
8. RoboticDreams
9. purguy12
10. JDM
11. SFAnthem
12. moose49

As you can see we have 12 teams if you all get on board.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in for what ever... Keeper if everyone plans to continue

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about the multiple invites some of you received. We will chalk that up to user error & move on. :lol::lame:

Once the league is full I will create a league thread on the FFB board.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt get a message only to vote. Im in for anything but would like to have a keeper league

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt get a message only to vote. Im in for anything but would like to have a keeper league

If by "message" you meant an invite, I haven't sent you one yet because I don't have your email address.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by "message" you meant an invite, I haven't sent you one yet because I don't have your email address.

I messaged him to see if he wanted to do IDP or Team Defense. pur just send an email to zep and you are good

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lean toward team defense because I feel IDP scoring is much less reflective of production than offensive scoring, but I don't really care.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes go with team D and Special teams

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I play on CBS in my money league and sometimes yahoo.. I personally really like CBS. Generally do a free league or two on ESPN so am familiar with it

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
really? I prefer ESPN where do you usually play?

Yahoo.

We experimented with moving the Sharks league (the oldest league on the board I imagine) somewhere a few years ago (was it ESPN? Mind, Clyde, Ray, pozz?) but enough of us were dissatisfied enough to go back to Yahoo before the season started.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo.

We experimented with moving the Sharks league (the oldest league on the board I imagine) somewhere a few years ago (was it ESPN? Mind, Clyde, Ray, pozz?) but enough of us were dissatisfied enough to go back to Yahoo before the season started.

I have done mostly Yahoo & ESPN leagues over the years but have tried CBS Sportsline, Flea Flicker & Facebook leagues. I used to strongly prefer Yahoo over ESPN but ESPN has either gotten better over the last few years or I've just grown more tolerant of their interface. Not entirely sure which! I do too many leagues each year to limit myself to just Yahoo.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of the things I'm talking about aren't major issues that would likely drive anyone away but your point is a valid one.