• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Baseball?

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone do Fantasy Baseball? I have the last 2 years and I really enjoy it. Almost as much as Fantasy Football!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy BB takes way more involvement than football does. In football you can be successful with just checking your lineup once mid-week & then again Sunday morning. In baseball you need to game plan for the entire week & constantly setting your lineup in order just to make sure your team is competitive. It became too much work for me, thus I stopped doing baseball leagues a few years back. Same thing applies to basketball leagues.

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it can be a little work. Really you just have to keep track of your starting pitchers mostly. They usually show you who is supposed to start on which day a week in advance. For batters you just leave a lone and only worry about lineup change when you know someone gets hurt.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give it a try but I stopped playing fantasy basketball after one year because it was way too much work.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play, but agree leagues where you can edit your lineup everyday severely disadvantage the players that...for lack of a better phrase....have a life.

I prefer the baseball leagues where you edit the lineup weekly like football. I also hate the Rotesserie style leagues because half the teams are out of it by the all-star break and lose interest.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with not having the ability to set your lineup daily is that baseball is a day to day league, meaning injuries can pop up out of no where for pitchers. If you are counting on 2-3 starters that week to get you 2 starts & 1 or 2 of them go down early in the week, you are pretty much screwed for that week.