• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fantasy advice

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
pick one QB, turnovers count for -2 points:

Luck (vs GB), Vick (@ PIT), Fitzpatrick (@ SF)

Going with Luck so far. I figure GB will get up big, an Luck will be in catch up mode at home. Pittsburgh is getting Palomalu and Harrison back and could have a comeback game, and I'm not starting any QB against 49ers at home.

pick one RB: Benson (@IND) or Bush (@CIN).

Going with Benson because of weak run D of Indy. But Bush has a higher ceiling.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
pick one QB, turnovers count for -2 points:

Luck (vs GB), Vick (@ PIT), Fitzpatrick (@ SF)

Going with Luck so far. I figure GB will get up big, an Luck will be in catch up mode at home. Pittsburgh is getting Palomalu and Harrison back and could have a comeback game, and I'm not starting any QB against 49ers at home.

pick one RB: Benson (@IND) or Bush (@CIN).

Going with Benson because of weak run D of Indy. But Bush has a higher ceiling.

I think you got them right; Luck had an extra week to prepare too and Benson should be running out the clock in this game.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bush easily. Always go with the higher ceiling. Just look at the worst case scenarios... if Bush has a bad game and gets 4 points and Benson has a good game and gets 16 points, that's not nearly as bad as Benson having a bad game and getting 2 points and Bush having a great game and getting 26 points. Their averages are probably a lot closer than this but they have much different ranges. I'd hate to miss out on a great Bush game that could easily carry me to a win.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VIc and Benson mark my words and im 4-0 in all three of my leauges

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VIc and Benson mark my words and im 4-0 in all three of my leauges

I'm replying to this post but please don't take it as a personal attack, it just touched on one of my pet peeves. I often wonder why we don't use a rotisserie scoring in FFB?

You can win games but have a shitty team and just catch folks at the right time. There's a guy in one of my leagues who is 3-1 and ranks 9th out of 12 in total points scored. Over 4 weeks, he's only 8 opints from being 10th out of 12. One guy who has outscored him is 1-3. No one in the league is undefeated. So again, not attacking you or your teams, but this may be the start of my own personal movement to change FFB scoring.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm replying to this post but please don't take it as a personal attack, it just touched on one of my pet peeves. I often wonder why we don't use a rotisserie scoring in FFB?

You can win games but have a shitty team and just catch folks at the right time. There's a guy in one of my leagues who is 3-1 and ranks 9th out of 12 in total points scored. Over 4 weeks, he's only 8 points from being 10th out of 12. One guy who has outscored him is 1-3. No one in the league is undefeated. So again, not attacking you or your teams, but this may be the start of my own personal movement to change FFB scoring.

This is OT but that reminded me of the MLB Standings - I noticed a few days ago Baltimore was 25 games over .500 and yet have scored only 9 runs more than they have allowed - 25 games over .500 and only 9 runs more! That has to be some kind of record.