• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fangio's our DC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Allen is guaranteed 12 mil for next season.

Is there a home for him in a 3-4 base? Is he stout enough to be a 3-4 DE or athletic enough to be an OLB? Honest question... when he was at KC did he play in a 3-4 base? I'm just trying to figure out how that $12M would be put to use on the field under Vic Fangio.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a home for him in a 3-4 base? Is he stout enough to be a 3-4 DE or athletic enough to be an OLB? Honest question... when he was at KC did he play in a 3-4 base? I'm just trying to figure out how that $12M would be put to use on the field under Vic Fangio.

Julius peppers is a freak athlete, but he got down around Allen weight and had a great year in the 3-4.

maybe Pace can find a way around that 12 million. 11.5 is a roster bonus. Most other players can be cut before mar 3 or may 3 and not have to be paid that money.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just saw this. I wonder if defensive line coach being promoted was what got us these guys. I figured Harbough was taking most of these guys with him, but they must have just gotten tired of dealing with the niners. I wonder if they quit before or after the announcement of their new HC.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius peppers is a freak athlete, but he got down around Allen weight and had a great year in the 3-4.

maybe Pace can find a way around that 12 million. 11.5 is a roster bonus. Most other players can be cut before mar 3 or may 3 and not have to be paid that money.

We'll see. He only has one year left, right?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, unless they trade him.....they have to pay him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the heads up, most every Bear fan I know of on any forum are shocked and love this coaching pick up. Felt totally unexpected.

I`m ecstatic...........We`ve finally hired a staff that I`ve actually heard of.:yahoo:

All three have had success........Not some no names that I`m to us hiring.

C

cubzzzfanincali

It will be interesting to see what happens with the front 7, no doubt. My guess is no better than anyone else's here. If I had to take a wild ass guess, I'd guess that if we more or less go in with our current personnel, that Fox "wins" for this year and the Bears use his modified 4-3 front mostly. I'm not sure exactly how this would work, we'd have to have a pretty smart middle linebacker given the current personnel and that Young and Allen really don't strike me as 2-gap run defenders, but if anyone can figure this out, Fangio has as good a chance as anyone. I do, however, fully expect to see the Bears drafting some prototypical 3-4 guys for future years.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what happens with the front 7, no doubt. My guess is no better than anyone else's here. If I had to take a wild ass guess, I'd guess that if we more or less go in with our current personnel, that Fox "wins" for this year and the Bears use his modified 4-3 front mostly. I'm not sure exactly how this would work, we'd have to have a pretty smart middle linebacker given the current personnel and that Young and Allen really don't strike me as 2-gap run defenders, but if anyone can figure this out, Fangio has as good a chance as anyone. I do, however, fully expect to see the Bears drafting some prototypical 3-4 guys for future years.

Which sucks because we just drafted and signed a slew of 4-3 guys. The ONE nice thing is, the new DC will have a fairly decent group of young LB'rs to work with. Ego could play NT, but what do you do with Ratliff? You certainly don't resign Peae in a 3-4 scheme, unless your thinking DE spot, something he's never played. Washington has the strength and size to play a DE, but like what's been said, what do you do with Allen, Young, Sutton? Houston can also play the DE in a 3-4. Bring Young in to play situational pass rush? Allen to? That's a lot of money for 3rd down and long guys.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox and Vic Fangio? I'm not even a Bears fan and I'm excited about that.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratliff played a 3-4 in Dallas. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Agreed that resigning Paea probably won't be a priority if anything at all. Spend that money on other positions.