• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fan Non-Con Dream Matchups

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa needs to schedule a "middle of the pack" SEC, ACC or Big 12 team, Iowa gains nothing scheduling directional schools.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the state of the program, the move to 9 conference games, and the football playoff looming, Iowa does have to make some scheduling moves. Here is what I hope happens:

1) No more FCS games - ever!
2) Iowa MUST keep the game with Iowa St. The game is too important to Iowa - especially since KF has a losing record against them. (I would feel different if KF had won the last 14 games against ISU).
3) I would like a rotation of two games against the ACC, P12, MAC, CUSA, MWC, and the bottom half of the SEC in a season.

To move this forward, conferences commissioners are going to have to take a page from college basketball and set up the conference challenge for football. These games would draw a lot of interest and the ratings revenue would be significant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I say dump Iowa State, I disagree that it is that big of a game, I think the Hawkeyes really don't care, I doubt KF does...does no good to have this game and it is kind of worn out if you ask me. I couldn't care less about that game win or lose.

Teams I would like to see by conference
From SEC: Kentucky (with Mark Stoops now, why not?), Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Missouri
From Big 12: Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma
From Pac 12: Utah, Colorado, Washington, Washington State
From ACC: North Carolina, Duke, Miami, FSU, Notre Dame, Va Tech, Virginia
From Big East: um, not sure of the schools in the Big East anymore...Cincinnati is the only one that comes to mind.

I do not want to play a MAC school, nor Conf USA, then again I am not sure of the schools in these anymore either...but here are some others if we go non power conferences:

Tulane (New Orleans), Houston, Memphis, Tulsa, SMU, Troy, ULM

Stop with the FCS is right but I think we have to do that anyway based on new rules

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

I respectfully disagree with you on the Iowa St game. Both schools alumni want to win this game. Winning generates donations that both schools want. I feel that Iowa should lose - maybe - 1 game in a 10 year period. The game must go on for the fans of both schools. KF may not care about that game...and maybe it does show...but, Barta needs to communicate to KF that losing this game is no longer going to be accepted.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me though, cause I guess I don't get it, why is it such a necessity? Alumni will donate regardless; but I bet you when Iowa loses to the Clowns, they tend to give less. Iowa Corn can stick their stupid ugly trophy they cannot get right up their stalks, this game is a useless waste year in and year out. It is actually the one game I do not watch in the schedule, I would rather watch them lose to Alabama by 100 than watch another Iowa State game.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we gain nothing recruiting wise when we play them. I agree that the state loves this game and that everyone wants to win it. But the fact of the matter is that the kids from the East Coast that we're recruiting could give 2 shits about Iowa St. Home/Home series with Virginia/ VTech/ UNC/Wash/WSU/Oregon St/Utah will much more than games against ISU. Plus with 9 conference games, we'll need all of the home games we can get and ISU on the schedule won't allow us to play anyone else.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home and Home with Boise State, that way Pedersen can see how great a home field advantage he'll have when he takes over Iowa's head coaching position.

Home and Home with South Florida, so Ferentz can see why he SHOULD recruit Florida.

Home and Home with Notre Dame, because frankly, it's all about kicking their ass and getting some primetime TV time.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye and Herky:

First, the game matters to the state too much. Second, Iowa shouldn't be losing to ISU in this game. Third, by strengthening the schedule, this is the cream puff program that has to be on the schedule. That leaves two more games against better opponents.

The East/Southeast coast recruits that we are targeting...they won't be playing many games in their backyards. Having only three non-conference games ensures that a return trip to one's home state is highly unlikely.

With the B1G getting into two California bowls...maybe games against the P12 will happen. However, Iowa seems to struggle when they travel to the west coast for games. Not always...but seems like Iowa has stunk up the field some years more often than not....

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops, how does the game matter to the state too much? I need better explanation...I think the game matters to Iowa Corn, I would guess most Hawkeye fans really don't care. They are tired of expecting to beat ISU and losing cause it is not considered anything other than another game while ISU treats it as a SuperBowl, let's face it, it matters to some people, but the majority simply do not care. I will root for them to win but tired of watching this game so will tune into some other game or go to Six Flags that day...no one else in the football world cares about this game either.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them move the ia/isu game to every other year. I still like the matchup, I've seen just about every ia/isu game since the early 80s. But it's a little overplayed now and with the extra non-conf game it would be nice to put someone on the schedule that would aid in recruiting via a nationally televised prime-time game.