• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons Pre Game

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cant be any worse than Barton can he? Who's allowed 19 comp on 22 att for I believe I read 146 yards and 2 TDs His overall player grade is 37.8

At least Bostic knew the play calls annd Hudson n Mayo should at least kn ow what to do instinctively being in Del Rio's defense for as long as they have. Which begs the question. Why is Barton a starter? And if the answer is its because he's better than Mayo and Hudson than good grief.
JDRs press conference was pathetic...but so was Riveras. Both are dodging questions and playing dumb. EB is the only one who is being honest.
Barton is playing because our GM, Rivera, signed him to start. That is why I told Dean that I don't think Rivera wants to win. If he did, he would have replaced the secondary coach, if he did, he would have possibly fired JDR, if he did, he would have benched Barton, if he did, he would have addressed the team at halftime.

Just my opinion, but he is strongly giving the impression he has checked out. I could be wrong.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, RR seems checked out. So does Del Rio. Hell, 75% of the players look checked out far as the first half goes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future Dean " its only week 17 so i am not giving up on them yet "
Play nice skinsdad...lol

That is hilarious.

You forgot the playoff mantra..
Anything can happen!!!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Del Rio or RR's email address. Maybe they missed this or maybe Paulsen was talking outta his neck. I wanna know what's what. If the article is on point why isn't Hudson starting or at least playing.

June 12th, 2023

For the past three offseasons, fans and analysts have said the Washington Commanders needed to do more at linebacker. After all, the head coach [Ron Rivera] and defensive coordinator [Jack Del Rio] were outstanding NFL linebackers.

Outside of selecting Jamin Davis in the first round of the 2021 NFL draft, Washington has mostly relied on lower-round picks, hybrid players and low-cost veterans. The results have been mixed. Davis struggled badly as a rookie but did take a step forward in 2022. While he is still not where the Commanders want him to be, his growth was an encouraging development last season.

Davis has been slowed this spring after having surgery this offseason. While it isn’t believed to be a long-term issue, it opened the door for fourth-year linebacker Khaleke Hudson to assume a larger role throughout OTAs and minicamp. Hudson has delivered. According to former Washington tight end and current analyst Logan Paulsen, Hudson has looked great this offseason.

“The guy that stood out to me the most was Khaleke Hudson,” Paulsen said on his “Take Command” podcast with Craig Hoffman. “Every day. Like, he would just do something where you’re like, ‘Who’s that? Oh, that’s 47. That’s a great blitz. Oh, he snuffed out that screen. That’s 47. Who was in man coverage on that receiver in the slot? Oh, that’s Khaleke.'”

The 25-year-old Hudson was a fifth-round selection in the 2020 NFL draft and has mostly played special teams since entering the NFL. A former college safety, Hudson moved to linebacker late in his college career. Hoffman asked Paulsen if it was possible that everything is now coming together at linebacker for Hudson.

“He looks great,” Paulsen continued. “If he keeps playing this way, I don’t think there’s a lot of need to be super worried about the linebacker group. I forget how sneaky good of an athlete he is. He’s very twitchy; he’s good in space.”

In today’s pass-heavy NFL, Hudson’s skills are essential. The Commanders have often struggled to cover tight ends, something that improved in 2022. Hudson started the final game against the Cowboys and looked outstanding. He has drawn praise from Rivera and Del Rio for his performance. Del Rio has continued praising Hudson throughout the offseason.

Paulsen also complimented newcomer Cody Barton, who is replacing Cole Holcomb at mike linebacker. However, he made it clear that Hudson has been the linebacker who has most caught his attention.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting…

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s on Sty’s thread about not firing RR and Co right now…
Thank you!

Chiller

These were the 4 I had my eye on as well. I am sure harris and team already have discusses this, as such, who knows what they want. I would start with those 4 though and hopefully we get 1 of them.

Peters and Borgonzi are the top of my list to Santa. Both SF and KC draft well and sign good free agents.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons are -2.5 faves.

Hmmmm, I know they are the home team but thought it would be closer to pick 'em. They are not very good, at least offensively with their QB.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys!

Things to watch for my Falconsv for you all done in sure none of you have seen them much

ATLs D is much much much better this year. The additions of Jesse Bates, Bud Dupree, David Onyemata, Jeff Okudah and many others on D has really elevated the Falcons D to the level of a fringe top 10 defense

On offense is been hit or miss. Run game has been solid with Bijam and Allgeier. Ridder has been inconsistent as you'd expect from a QB with only 9 starts. He's had 2 gamrs this year ( both at home ) with 110+ QB rating and 3 with a sub 80 rating but last game we got Pitts and London much more involved and Des had his best game as a pro

On special teams Koo has been great per usual and we just got Patterson back from injury
Thoughts on the game?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the game?
Went pretty much how all our losses have gone. Ridder made too many mistakes for us to win. D played fine. It's going to be that way all year imo. Our fate lies in the Jags of an inexperienced QB who's talent level isn't likely good enough to be great even once he gains experience. I was disappointed in our coaching this game though which was new. Some very strange decisions and they were late in play calls a bunch which cost us points