• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fair trade or not

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team H2H pts with 15 minors per team Keeper league

trade Felix Hernandez, Buster Posey and
Madison Bumgarner for Yordano Ventura,
Nolan Arenado, Jeff Samardzija and Mike Trout.

It is not for me

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends..are you asking if this is so bad that it should be voted down, or just unbalanced?
year
personally, I don't see a huge problem with it. Not enough for me to vote no.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Trout is ever going to have the year he had last year. Maybe a top 10 OF but not top 5. I think Posey is over rated but i still dont see enuff on the 2nd side to to give first part for 2nd part.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea this is trade in my league and i dont veto very often but seems like felix side is big winner Anybody calls Posey over rated must be a giant hater he is arguably the best C in mlb fantasy wise

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its up to your personal feelings on how long Felix can be the Felix we're used to, whether Trout is the true real deal, and whether Samarjdez..whatever his name is...is going to develop. Not to mention the potential of the young hitters.

Since you've got minor league spots and it's a keeper, I don't think it's as cut and dry as to whether this is a fair trade this year or not. Given those variables, yes it's a winner for one team this year..next year maybe this deal puta the other team on top?
Just not obvious collusion to me, and I'd allow it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Is the team getting Trout looking for hitters? Nolan sure looks the part, but has a SMALL sample size in the majors to work with. Trout will always be one of the best offensive players, regardless of expectations from last year. And The Shark is a very good young arm. The Cubs may be rebuilding, but he's a K machine regardless. I don't see it being so uneven that would warrant a veto.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Trout is ever going to have the year he had last year. Maybe a top 10 OF but not top 5. I think Posey is over rated but i still dont see enuff on the 2nd side to to give first part for 2nd part.

Kinda hard for Trout to top last year, but i'd say that's pretty much a given. He sure ain't chicken liver.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea this is trade in my league and i dont veto very often but seems like felix side is big winner Anybody calls Posey over rated must be a giant hater he is arguably the best C in mlb fantasy wise

I am not a Giant hater at all. I don't believe ANY catcher should have had that high of an ADP after only one great year. He is no Piazza. I feel Santana is the real deal and I would rather have him over Posey. Posey may end up at 1B anyway.

Kinda hard for Trout to top last year, but i'd say that's pretty much a given. He sure ain't chicken liver.

No your right and that is what I said. He is top 10 but he sure is not Harper who will be a top 5 OF for years to come. I still take side 1 as the winner regardless.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a good trade :)
Trout in a keeper is the #2 (GO MIGGY lol) guy to own, maybe #1
Pitchers are risky. Arenado in a 15 team league, huge!
Format does matter.... ie how many keepers, etc, positions...
I think maybe team B could have asked for a little more, but not unreasonable, definitely not veto-worthy

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys thx i didnt think so but 1st time in keeper league so just learning

Just kidding about the giant hater thing I agree on catchers think they are way overvalued in pts league cause they play so many less games

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team H2H pts with 15 minors per team Keeper league

trade Felix Hernandez, Buster Posey and
Madison Bumgarner for Yordano Ventura,
Nolan Arenado, Jeff Samardzija and Mike Trout.

It is not for me

Trout is the best player in this deal and a top 2 player in terms of keeper value. The fact that Arenado and Samardzija are included swings this deal in favor of the Trout side handily for long term value.

The short term could also be kind of close once Trout gets things going. If this trade were made 1 month ago in an annual league, nobody would blink. Hot starts by Felix and Bumgarner make it look one sided, but this is as fair as they come.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like one team wants to win now...while the other is playing for the future

but pretty fair considering he can keep all the young prospects

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also depends on how the keeper system works, and what value each of those players have as keepers... for example If trout is a first rounder and he was kept, and then you lose a first round pick, his value is not as high as if he was a later pick... so to give a true analysis of keeper value is not possible with the details you gave... So i can only talk about this season... I think the team that gets felix and posey win big... Posey, is a rare catcher who hits for average, and also hits for power... so he is the elite in one of the weakest fantasy positions... Nolan arenado has started off hot, just like the rest of the rockies, but he is a rookie... and it seems like he is being bought to high... the way i rank the players in this trade is 1. trout 2.Posey 3.Felix 4.Bumgarner 5. smarja 6. arenado and 7. ventura... and the 3 players on the felix side are all elite players...