• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

failed drug tests at combine

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You know they are going to test and you get a dirty? It's only millions of dollars we're talking about. If that's not enough motivation, what it?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit Telvin, Dude what is wrong with you (and the rest who tested positive, Seantrel Henderson, I completely expect that from him) ? I was falling into to Gandy's camp hoping to draft him. That kid is straight out baller.... :gaah:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL better hope I don't start my idea of the DFL (Druggie Football League).

We wouldn't test for anything. There would still be a few that would play for the NFL, but not many.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't have killed these kids to just put the blunt down for 21-30 days pre-combine when you're talking a lot of change. More $$$ than what they'd ever make out in the private sector.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how far some drop. Does it change anyones mind taking a kid who failed a test say 1 or 2 rounds later? Do you feel risk vs. reward is less than if one of these guys was 1st round talent?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some of these players, I don't think it will have a tremendous amount of affect, ie. Jernigan, Mettenberger but Seantrel Henderson has a wicked history of chiba abuse. Atlanta Falcons OL coach Mike Tice was smitten with the kid at the Senior Bowl and he was one OT they thought of targeting. I believe a few GM's will automatically drop them off their board completely. Maybe Jones and Smith fall a little. I personally would still target Smith. JMO. Regardless of LeShoure, Fairley and Johnny Culbreathe all being caught ridin' dirty.

BTW, Roger Goodell did state that the NFL was "looking into the use for medicinal purposes" as some medical experts stated it has a profound positive affect with concussions and pain relief for tissue (muscle, ligaments, cartilage) damage. Ten years from now most states will legalize it for recreational use except a few of the religious southern ones.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some of these players, I don't think it will have a tremendous amount of affect, ie. Jernigan, Mettenberger but Seantrel Henderson has a wicked history of chiba abuse. Atlanta Falcons OL coach Mike Tice was smitten with the kid at the Senior Bowl and he was one OT they thought of targeting. I believe a few GM's will automatically drop them off their board completely. Maybe Jones and Smith fall a little. I personally would still target Smith. JMO. Regardless of LeShoure, Fairley and Johnny Culbreathe all being caught ridin' dirty.

BTW, Roger Goodell did state that the NFL was "looking into the use for medicinal purposes" as some medical experts stated it has a profound positive affect with concussions and pain relief for tissue (muscle, ligaments, cartilage) damage. Ten years from now most states will legalize it for recreational use except a few of the religious southern ones.

I need to convince some of these thumpers that New York needs saving.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not that hard to stop smoking dope for three weeks. Trust me. These fails are either a Testement to their stupidity, or a bad sign of their commitment to their chosen profession. Dumb fucks. Hope Smith drops and we snatch him up on the cheap. (Like we did with Fairley.......)

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is for a level playing field, not to baby sit you, though they should really just stop pretending and allow PED use.

This is stupid too, but at least there's an actual reason. There is literally no arguable reason to drug test an office worker.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is for a level playing field, not to baby sit you, though they should really just stop pretending and allow PED use.

This is stupid too, but at least there's an actual reason. There is literally no arguable reason to drug test an office worker.

Do you even believe your bullshit? Work with a drug addict and get back with me if your answer is yes.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of probably 50 drug tests, I failed 4. I knew I was getting tested and I knew I'd be dirty but so did the judge. I explained during my sentencing that I smoked a couple of blunts on my way to court so I would surely be dirty at least the next 30 days. She wasn't impressed that I admitted to being baked but it basically turned my 12 months into 11.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of probably 50 drug tests, I failed 4. I knew I was getting tested and I knew I'd be dirty but so did the judge. I explained during my sentencing that I smoked a couple of blunts on my way to court so I would surely be dirty at least the next 30 days. She wasn't impressed that I admitted to being baked but it basically turned my 12 months into 11.

I have on FMLA with my wife. I have been pulled for the random lottery 3 straight work cycles. Sure to be 4 or until they test me. Not worried, just find it funny I keep getting pulled for a "random" test. Wish I had that luck with real lottery.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have on FMLA with my wife. I have been pulled for the random lottery 3 straight work cycles. Sure to be 4 or until they test me. Not worried, just find it funny I keep getting pulled for a "random" test. Wish I had that luck with real lottery.

Just had a very sad epiphany... had I knew she would have a second surgery and be off extra month. I could have went all Spicoli. Damn hindsight, got me again.

tumblr_lpodr7x7vy1qi97sro1_500.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still call you in for drops when you're on leave? The King of Beers gave us the heads up on Thursdays, for Friday pissers. Honor system ruled. You can't pass, you get a long weekend. Lots of skeleton crews and dudes slamming 2liters with SurJell if they needed that 5th day. The coke noses just knew not to party after Tuesday. (An old man, turned 98....won the lottery....)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still call you in for drops when you're on leave? (An old man, turned 98....won the lottery....)

The random seems not so random?? I think you keep going to front of line till they test you.

Then of course I have seen co-workers who have been through EAP and always get hit. I guess you get extra ping bong balls in the lottery machine then.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The random seems not so random?? I think you keep going to front of line till they test you.

Then of course I have seen co-workers who have been through EAP and always get hit. I guess you get extra ping bong balls in the lottery machine then.

Ohhhhh, so you get pulled, but have an exemption? (I always hated when Id study my ass for a test.... And Then...... No test. It's next Thursday or some shit. No one can be expected to maintain their "focus" that long.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhh, so you get pulled, but have an exemption? (I always hated when Id study my ass for a test.... And Then...... No test. It's next Thursday or some shit. No one can be expected to maintain their "focus" that long.

We get tipped also. Funny how guys don't heed the info.

I am 769 miles from Dalhart TX. That is my exemption. I will get pulled when I get back no doubt. We have a system in place were "we" as fellow workers can "Red Block" a guy in the morning. Take him to hotel and no pay, but no EAP either. Union & company agreement. Some reason I have seen guys suddenly be shown as red blocked 2 hours into the day. Ways around them lottery drawings.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get tipped also. Funny how guys don't heed the info.

I am 769 miles from Dalhart TX. That is my exemption. I will get pulled when I get back no doubt. We have a system in place were "we" as fellow workers can "Red Block" a guy in the morning. Take him to hotel and no pay, but no EAP either. Union & company agreement. Some reason I have seen guys suddenly be shown as red blocked 2 hours into the day. Ways around them lottery drawings.

I see I see. So give me some advice. I've been waiting three months for my ball to drop. (Fuck off micro!). But Im drinking like a fish. Should I just ask that they do it and keep it on file? I mean, a pop quiz should be a pop quiz. I can't study anymore than I already have. (Serious question: What's EAP?)