• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA Starts ----> Now

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's between the cards and seachickens. Our window is closed

That depends on how well you guy's can nail the draft... especially with later round picks... We've been fortunate to nail some of those the last 4-5 years...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on how well you guy's can nail the draft... especially with later round picks... We've been fortunate to nail some of those the last 4-5 years...

We are thinking short term right now. Even if the team drafts well this year, it can take time for those picks to make an impact. Between the coaching changes and changes in the roster, there is a lot of uncertainty of how this team is going to turn out. We should learn more about some of the players drafted the past couple of years with some vets leaving.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are thinking short term right now. Even if the team drafts well this year, it can take time for those picks to make an impact. Between the coaching changes and changes in the roster, there is a lot of uncertainty of how this team is going to turn out. We should learn more about some of the players drafted the past couple of years with some vets leaving.

True ... Draft picks usually take a couple years... Sometimes they can have instant impacts though...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We been drafting well so lets hope we do another good job this year in the draft and we should be ok. We have a lot of money to play with so we still should be players in this FA market. Sign Bush or Spiller to a 3 year 15 mill deal. That would still give us about 12 mill and if Smith retires we will be up to 18-20 mill. Go sign a 3-4 DE.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys have had a horseshoe up your ass the past few years...and I say this with all the respect in the world because you've absolutely gotten value in most of your lower round picks. We're getting young really fast and will find out what we really have in the young bucks. This off season hasn't been much of a surprise minus the Willis retirement, but this draft will be pivotal for us. If we can get some immediate returns this year and some emerging talent I think we'll be alright. Lynch and Borland were pleasant surprises for us. I loved Harbs, but I feel like he held back a lot of young talent (ie Ellington) in favor of struggling vets...now they are being pushed into the fire.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere but Cox is visiting the Redskins.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have had a horseshoe up your ass the past few years...and I say this with all the respect in the world because you've absolutely gotten value in most of your lower round picks. We're getting young really fast and will find out what we really have in the young bucks. This off season hasn't been much of a surprise minus the Willis retirement, but this draft will be pivotal for us. If we can get some immediate returns this year and some emerging talent I think we'll be alright. Lynch and Borland were pleasant surprises for us. I loved Harbs, but I feel like he held back a lot of young talent (ie Ellington) in favor of struggling vets...now they are being pushed into the fire.

We have had some good fortunes with later picks... I think Pete Carroll has a good eye for talent, and John compliments his decisions making... It's amazing how much talent can be found in the later rounds... That's why it's always smart to trade down and get more picks, increase the chances of nabbing a gem.... Unless that top pick is such a talent you just can't pass it up...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had some good fortunes with later picks... I think Pete Carroll has a good eye for talent, and John compliments his decisions making... It's amazing how much talent can be found in the later rounds... That's why it's always smart to trade down and get more picks, increase the chances of nabbing a gem.... Unless that top pick is such a talent you just can't pass it up...

Bill Walsh was the master of finding late round gems

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush still in house looking to sign

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veteran free-agent guard Erik Pears is scheduled to visit the 49ers on Thursday in Santa Clara, a source told CSNBayArea.com.

Pears (6 foot 8, 316 pounds) is an eight-year NFL veteran who has spent the past five seasons with the Buffalo Bills. He started all 55 games in which he appeared over the past four seasons.

Pears, who turns 33 in June, started all 16 games at right guard for the Bills last season after previous seeing all of his action at right tackle. According to Pro Football Focus’ grading system, Pears ranked last out of 44 guards who played 75 percent or more last season.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just go with a starting O-Line that looks like this: Staley, Kilgore, Martin, Boone and Davis. I mean if Marcus Martin beats out Kilgore at center I think we should use Kilgore at guard. We can then have Thomas and Looney as our backups and draft someone on the O-Line. I don't see us keeping more than 8 players on the O-Line.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why don't we just go with a starting O-Line that looks like this: Staley, Kilgore, Martin, Boone and Davis. I mean if Marcus Martin beats out Kilgore at center I think we should use Kilgore at guard. We can then have Thomas and Looney as our backups and draft someone on the O-Line. I don't see us keeping more than 8 players on the O-Line.

also wondering about adding Pears, don't we have enough linemen as is? ok, maybe they need someone to compete for the back-up RT spot, Martin isn't good. our OT's are set so IMO, let the rest compete and the best players play.

They have to find out who else besides Boone, can play OT? We saw Davis get hurt for an extended time, and Staley is no longer a spring chicken. Ideally, Brandon Thomas is the one that'll pan out at LT.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also wondering about adding Pears, don't we have enough linemen as is? ok, maybe they need someone to compete for the back-up RT spot, Martin isn't good. our OT's are set so IMO, let the rest compete and the best players play.

They have to find out who else besides Boone, can play OT? We saw Davis get hurt for an extended time, and Staley is no longer a spring chicken. Ideally, Brandon Thomas is the one that'll pan out at LT.

I'm starting to wonder if we have plans for Boone to take over at LG. And then Thomas and Pears may fight for RG with Kilgore and Martin fighting for Center. That makes the most sense to me with the hypothetical addition of Pears and the rest of the roster as is. I Think it's highly likely we draft another interior linemen in the draft as well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if we have plans for Boone to take over at LG. And then Thomas and Pears may fight for RG with Kilgore and Martin fighting for Center. That makes the most sense to me with the hypothetical addition of Pears and the rest of the roster as is. I Think it's highly likely we draft another interior linemen in the draft as well.

I see Pears as a backup, like Jonathan Martin, who is gone. Scary to think of Pears as a long term starter

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers Blog - ESPN

Looks like Culliver will sign with the Redskins. 4 years 32 mil. I don't know how much is guaranteed, but that's a lot of money.

It is alot money. Culliver has legal issues and a probable suspension looming. From what I've read, the 49ers aren't in the mix for Cox either. Gotta hope Brock is fully healed. He was the number one corner year before last. I guess Johnson is going to be the next starter.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is alot money. Culliver has legal issues and a probable suspension looming. From what I've read, the 49ers aren't in the mix for Cox either. Gotta hope Brock is fully healed. He was the number one corner year before last. I guess Johnson is going to be the next starter.

I hope that Brock is healthy. It's a good thing the Niners drafted several DB's last year. I guess "crime does pay".

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's alot of overpaying happening.

I'm actually kind of happy Baalke is playing it conservative, instead of reaching for these free agents.
He only dipped once into the piggy bank for Torrey Smith, and that was a real huge need. At the same time we are letting a bunch of other slower WRs walk (Crabtree, Lloyd, Stevie Johnson) so we are still saving money at the WR position.

I like this frugal approach. It should pay off down the road.