• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA Starts ----> Now

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Up until this point, I thought the Eagles were smart.
Trade McCoy for a pick plus a solid LB.
Sign DeMarco Murray (Murray is arguably better than McCoy plus it's a loss to the Cowboys).

But the signing of Ryan Mathews is stupid (you already got two money backs in Murray and Sproles, 3rd back should be a rookie) and the swap of Bradford for Foles is stupid too.

A little too much tinkering might cost the Eagles.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's alot of overpaying happening.

I'm actually kind of happy Baalke is playing it conservative, instead of reaching for these free agents.
He only dipped once into the piggy bank for Torrey Smith, and that was a real huge need. At the same time we are letting a bunch of other slower WRs walk (Crabtree, Lloyd, Stevie Johnson) so we are still saving money at the WR position.

I like this frugal approach. It should pay off down the road.

I'm with you on this one...a lot of teams are dumping money on FA's...way too much money. I'd expect to see maybe one or two more FA moves for us at the most and then making moves in the draft.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone want to spin the tires on Trent Richardson?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Brock is healthy. It's a good thing the Niners drafted several DB's last year. I guess "crime does pay".

Yep, I am interested in seeing what Acker can do. He looked really good in preseason last year. Interesting to see what he can do against first string talent

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's alot of overpaying happening.

I'm actually kind of happy Baalke is playing it conservative, instead of reaching for these free agents.
He only dipped once into the piggy bank for Torrey Smith, and that was a real huge need. At the same time we are letting a bunch of other slower WRs walk (Crabtree, Lloyd, Stevie Johnson) so we are still saving money at the WR position.

I like this frugal approach. It should pay off down the road.

Torrey Smith is more the exception rather than the rule with Baalke. He normally waits for the free agent frenzy to subside and then look for values with whatever is left. I recall all the criticism he received back in 2011 for not being aggresive in Free Agency. Philly was aggressive and how did that turn out for them. Arizona went after Kolb for big bucks, that didn't work either

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully to the 'Skins (not sure if this was posted yet). I thought they were looking at Cox as well.:noidea:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that kid a penalty magnet? I'll have to look. I don't follow AFC teams much.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would want to be the top guy and I think the 9ers are banking on Hyde.

...and I want a toilet made out of solid gold. Richardson should be happy to find a roster. Hyde has shown more in his rookie season than he has in his entire NFL life.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that kid a penalty magnet? I'll have to look. I don't follow AFC teams much.

Yep...living in San Diego I've been able to see it first hand. We have some good young talent but I really wish we were able to hold onto our starters from last year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...living in San Diego I've been able to see it first hand. We have some good young talent but I really wish we were able to hold onto our starters from last year.
After a quick read on him it seems he is a step backwards from Cully or Cox. Color me confused on this.:scratch:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year we had 6 CBs make the final roster Brock, Culliver, Cox, Cook, Johnson and Ward who is listed at safety but is our nickel CB. If the team plans on having the same amount of CBs as last year and they want to keep both Reaser and Acker we only have one more spot of the team for CB. So would we rather have a FA CB or draft a CB in the 1st few rounds? We still have 20 million in cap and the draft will count for about 5 million. So how are we going to spend this 15 million? I hope we dont leave a lot of this on the table.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year we had 6 CBs make the final roster Brock, Culliver, Cox, Cook, Johnson and Ward who is listed at safety but is our nickel CB. If the team plans on having the same amount of CBs as last year and they want to keep both Reaser and Acker we only have one more spot of the team for CB. So would we rather have a FA CB or draft a CB in the 1st few rounds? We still have 20 million in cap and the draft will count for about 5 million. So how are we going to spend this 15 million? I hope we dont leave a lot of this on the table.
Injuries made the panic last season. Of our current CBs who is good to play?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until this point, I thought the Eagles were smart.
Trade McCoy for a pick plus a solid LB.
Sign DeMarco Murray (Murray is arguably better than McCoy plus it's a loss to the Cowboys).

But the signing of Ryan Mathews is stupid (you already got two money backs in Murray and Sproles, 3rd back should be a rookie) and the swap of Bradford for Foles is stupid too.

A little too much tinkering might cost the Eagles.
Dream Team part two.