• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ezekiel Elliot made the Salvation Army lots of money!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as you implied....Dallas gets "special privileges"

Lord knows some need something to escalate. Knock yourself out
Lynch got fined for an individual celebration, why not Ellliott? NFL double standards.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as you implied....Dallas gets "special privileges"

Lord knows some need something to escalate. Knock yourself out
Other team's players got fined for individual celebrations.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.O. celebrations which he was fined for, was an individual celebration. Lynch was fined for an individual celebration. Your comment doesn' hold any water.

Congrats on ignoring the Lambeau leap. Fuck TO. He went to the ground and that too is against the rules.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's bullshit. Sure jump into a freaking pot and get more money donated for humans, yet I don't see these selfish assholes jumping into the pools in Jacksonville helping to raise awareness to aquatic and marine life.
I'm not jumping in the water with a shark, you guys have a bad reputation biting people.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other team's players got fined for individual celebrations.

Other teams players also haven't been fined for individual celebrations. Your crying over them is where?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe The NFL can donate the money that Elliot will pay in fines for jumping into the barrel, to the Salvation Army. Never mind the NFL said Elliot won't get fined. I guess the NFL has double standards for players showboating.

The NFL fined the Steelers wide receiver $11,576 for his end zone celebration during Pittsburgh's 45-10 win over the Indianapolis Colts, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, per a source informed of the situation.

Brown returned a punt for a touchdown late in the fourth quarter on Sunday night and attempted to jump and stick onto the goalpost, but failed to perfect the landing.

I think the reason he didn't get fined for using a prop is pretty obvious...kid was trying to bring attention to a worthwhile charity...one the NFL also supported...I'm okay with the dbl standard on that one.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the backlash or reaction would be different if rather than jumping in he had run by and flipped the ball into the pot?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason he didn't get fined for using a prop is pretty obvious...kid was trying to bring attention to a worthwhile charity...one the NFL also supported...I'm okay with the dbl standard on that one.
That's a good point, but only if Elliott was trying to bring attention to a worthwhile charity. I'm not too sure he was. It will be interesting to see how other NFL players celebrate in the future, after scoring a touchdown. Pay special attention to Odell Beckham Jr. of the Giants. FWIW, I still say that the Elliott's case proved there are double standards in the NFL front office.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams players also haven't been fined for individual celebrations. Your crying over them is where?
That's my point, the NFL has double standards on fines for players for individual celebrations. Lynch of the Seahawks got a fine for an individual celebration. T.O of the Cowboys got several fines for individual celebrations. Read my previous comments and you will see where I stated about other players, getting fined for individual celebrations.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on ignoring the Lambeau leap. Fuck TO. He went to the ground and that too is against the rules.
LOL, so now just because you don't T.O you say it's okay to fine him for celebrating, but not to fine Elliott for celebrating? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, but only if Elliott was trying to bring attention to a worthwhile charity. I'm not too sure he was. It will be interesting to see how other NFL players celebrate in the future, after scoring a touchdown. Pay special attention to Odell Beckham Jr. of the Giants. FWIW, I still say that the Elliott's case proved there are double standards in the NFL front office.

The effect (giving to Salvation Army spiked soon after he did that) definitely softened the blow from the NFL.

On some level, without question there is a double standard in the NFL, but when it comes to TD celebrations, they've been trying to reel that in across the board...this was a clear cut case of a prop being used, and that's normally an automatic 15.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know who the fuck Lynch is?
LOL, apparently you don't watch very many NFL games. If you don't know Lynch is, then maybe you shouldn't be posting comments on Sportshoopla. especially on an NFL thread.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone give the old timer some attention so he'll stop crying about Zeke ending world hunger? DOUBLE STANDARD DOUBLE STANDARD DOUBLE STANDARD, there you can stop crying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, apparently you don't watch very many NFL games. If you don't know Lynch is, then maybe you shouldn't be posting comments on Sportshoopla. especially on an NFL thread.
The guy who invented the pin?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double standard??? Who gives a shit if he is fined or not??? People acting like the Cowboys lucked out because he wasn't fined. I don't get the uproar. He was penalized. That is what could have cost the Cowboys. The fine doesn't mean shit and is for people who worry more about the newspapers than the games...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The effect (giving to Salvation Army spiked soon after he did that) definitely softened the blow from the NFL.

On some level, without question there is a double standard in the NFL, but when it comes to TD celebrations, they've been trying to reel that in across the board...this was a clear cut case of a prop being used, and that's normally an automatic 15.
Yep. "In October, NFL senior V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino released a list of touchdown celebrations that will not be permitted, which included "using any other props." A Salvation Army kettle would be considered a prop, no?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double standard??? Who gives a shit if he is fined or not??? People acting like the Cowboys lucked out because he wasn't fined. I don't get the uproar. He was penalized. That is what could have cost the Cowboys. The fine doesn't mean shit and is for people who worry more about the newspapers than the games...
Okay fair enough. I can respect your opinion.