• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ezekiel Elliot made the Salvation Army lots of money!!!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem like a bitter old man... Lighten up OT.
I'm not bitter, I just don't like double standards. The NFL didn't find Elliott and they should have.

In October, NFL senior V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino released a list of touchdown celebrations that will not be permitted, which included "using any other props." A Salvation Army kettle would be considered a prop, no?

In Week 1, the Giants star wideout Beckham and his teammate, Victor Cruz, received a $12,000 fine for their touchdown celebration against the Cowboys.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the original intent but the fact he said he will donate the $12k that he didnt get fined by the NFL to the Salvation Army ultimately makes it a good deed I guess
So he wasn't going to donate anything to begin with...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must admit that it got national attention.
So does every other NFL player's celebration draw natonal attention. Do you remember T.O. eating popcorn after a touchdown? Or T.O. lying down on the field to take a nap and using the football as his pillow after he scored? He got fines for those actions.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think he was going to donate any thing to the Salvation Army, before he jumped into their kettle.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bitter, I just don't like double standards. The NFL didn't find Elliott and they should have.

In October, NFL senior V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino released a list of touchdown celebrations that will not be permitted, which included "using any other props." A Salvation Army kettle would be considered a prop, no?

In Week 1, the Giants star wideout Beckham and his teammate, Victor Cruz, received a $12,000 fine for their touchdown celebration against the Cowboys.

Maybe they couldnt find him, cause he was ducking in the kettle :D

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows but him? I would be sure he will say he intended to make a donation to them when he got the idea in pre-game

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think he was going to donate any thing to the Salvation Army, before he jumped into their kettle.

Maybe not, but it's tax deductible and it's a GREAT cause...So for him and many others, it's win-win...

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get all political but how "good" is the cause actually? For a non-profit org what does the CEO and various other "business essential employees bring in? You know all the people sitting behind a desk not out there shaking a bell or serving food.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get all political but how "good" is the cause actually? For a non-profit org what does the CEO and various other "business essential employees bring in? You know all the people sitting behind a desk not out there shaking a bell or serving food.
Good comment and that is my thinking too.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I understand, 96% of what they take in goes out to charitable causes...The average "director"(top level person) makes about 95k a year....Supposedly the CEO takes only 13k a year in salary plus housing expenses(which is probably not cheap)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the players celebrations are cool, but most of them come with a NFL fine attached. Elliot was lucky he wasn't fined, maybe Dallas players have special privileges.

Cry moar.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Organized celebrations have been illegal for years now. You can't coordinate with other players, or you get fined. This wasn't coordinated.

And I look forward to your constant bitching about the Lambeau leap. Oh wait, you don't cry a river about that...just Dallas? Too cute.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

The idea that Elliott is catching shit for this is laughable. All because he broke the "rules". The "rules" are fucking stupid. Obviously we have to have room for common sense and can agree that some celebrations are excessive, but clearly the pendulum has swung too far to the extreme on this issue.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's bullshit. Sure jump into a freaking pot and get more money donated for humans, yet I don't see these selfish assholes jumping into the pools in Jacksonville helping to raise awareness to aquatic and marine life.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

The idea that Elliott is catching shit for this is laughable. All because he broke the "rules". The "rules" are fucking stupid. Obviously we have to have room for common sense and can agree that some celebrations are excessive, but clearly the pendulum has swung too far to the extreme on this issue.
I don't hate Elliott. I don't like the double standards of the NFL.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Organized celebrations have been illegal for years now. You can't coordinate with other players, or you get fined. This wasn't coordinated.

And I look forward to your constant bitching about the Lambeau leap. Oh wait, you don't cry a river about that...just Dallas? Too cute.
T.O. celebrations which he was fined for, was an individual celebration. Lynch was fined for an individual celebration. Your comment doesn' hold any water.