• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explain the texts, Pats fans

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "everybody hates the patriots" shtick is literally the most common excuse used by patriot fans. Now it's not just fans from other teams are haters, but players, columnists, coaches, etc.

Most people outside of the AFC North never had an issue with the Patriots until spygate. They were caught cheating, so now anybody who questions them is a hater. Fast forward a few years and they are in another cheating scandal with the same circus running the show. Is it a shock to anyone that the general public is going to side with the Wells report? Not because we hate the Patriots success, but because we hate the Patriots success, or lack there of, in cheating. They have a history. If a thief gets caught stealing, serves his punishment then get's accused of stealing again, don't you think most people are going to assume he is guilty before his trial? Or is everybody just "hating"?

Let's call it like it is. The real "haters" are the Patriot fans not accepting their scandalous past.

Hater!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, I don't think Fencer likes it here. A week or so in the Toilet Bowl just might make him respect the site and the others that use it. If it doesn't, I really don't think we need him or that anyone will miss him.

Just my :2cents:
Sounds like Fencer is cracking under the pressure of defending his Pats. Maybe he should stick with the team board for a while.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know why Ashley called me Saturday night?
Something that isn't a rules violation, but would still make for good TV?
Something this isn't about deflation?

I'm glad that you guys have conceded that there's nothing incriminating in there except perhaps in one very general and ambiguous text. Thanks for the admission.
that is about as likely as calling yourself the deflator because you are trying to lose weight

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "everybody hates the patriots" shtick is literally the most common excuse used by patriot fans. Now it's not just fans from other teams are haters, but players, columnists, coaches, etc.

Most people outside of the AFC North never had an issue with the Patriots until spygate. They were caught cheating, so now anybody who questions them is a hater. Fast forward a few years and they are in another cheating scandal with the same circus running the show. Is it a shock to anyone that the general public is going to side with the Wells report? Not because we hate the Patriots success, but because we hate the Patriots success, or lack there of, in cheating. They have a history. If a thief gets caught stealing, serves his punishment then get's accused of stealing again, don't you think most people are going to assume he is guilty before his trial? Or is everybody just "hating"?

Let's call it like it is. The real "haters" are the Patriot fans not accepting their scandalous past.
My problem is not with the "hater fans" My problem is with those who should be unbiased, having a position of authority and abusing it.

Mr Steeler

ReMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Pats are guilty or not but if they are innocent, why is Kraft agreeing to the fines and loss of draft picks? I mean it sure looks like an admission of guilt to me and probably to most people. I agree that the punishment is harsh, but is this like a second offense deal? Don't know, no one is saying it but..... Is this going to affect the Brady and the boys legacy? Who can say for sure how people will feel about it, I mean unless we are claiming clairvoyance.........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Pats are guilty or not but if they are innocent, why is Kraft agreeing to the fines and loss of draft picks? I mean it sure looks like an admission of guilt to me and probably to most people. I agree that the punishment is harsh, but is this like a second offense deal? Don't know, no one is saying it but..... Is this going to affect the Brady and the boys legacy? Who can say for sure how people will feel about it, I mean unless we are claiming clairvoyance.........

See "goodell will not recuse himself" posts 74&79.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidest part of all of this is that it's the Patriots that have blown this up with all of their protests and claims of innocence.

If Brady just comes out and says "I told the guys how I like the football to feel and they made sure that's how they prepared them. I wasn't aware of the psi restrictions, I just know how I like the football. They set them up the way I like them. In the future, we'll be more aware of the rule."

The whole thing would have ended right there. Idiot Pats need to quite believing their own propaganda and realize they aren't untouchable.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidest part of all of this is that it's the Patriots that have blown this up with all of their protests and claims of innocence.

If Brady just comes out and says "I told the guys how I like the football to feel and they made sure that's how they prepared them. I wasn't aware of the psi restrictions, I just know how I like the football. They set them up the way I like them. In the future, we'll be more aware of the rule."

The whole thing would have ended right there. Idiot Pats need to quite believing their own propaganda and realize they aren't untouchable.
This is absolutly right. The fact that he is denying it, refusing to turn over evidence, etc. is basically admitting he knew the rules and disregarded them. That is what makes this so bad. When someone has that mindset, you have to assume it is not a one time offense. The whole point is, nobody knows how far this team has gone and we never will.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they were punished for filming location, not the actual filming since it's not against the rules and is still done to this day. As I have said to others, come to Gillette stadium and I'll show you were they film from now.

"Spygate" was the first sign that Goodell was going to use his power for parity.