• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

expectations for the season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fitz balls out with everything that he has, this is still a 5 win team. He's simply not a starting caliber QB, can't change what he is.. (and he's the best that they have)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worse defenses in the league and the best QB in the Division and we get this...

1627355431562.png

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fitz balls out with everything that he has, this is still a 5 win team. He's simply not a starting caliber QB, can't change what he is.. (and he's the best that they have)

Fitz was winning last season with Miami. I would say we have a better defense, better WRs, a better OL, and a better RB than Miami. So, if Fitz plays like he did last year, I have no idea why you would think we are a 5 win team.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz was winning last season with Miami. I would say we have a better defense, better WRs, a better OL, and a better RB than Miami. So, if Fitz plays like he did last year, I have no idea why you would think we are a 5 win team.
Agree Miami was a playoff team last season with Fitz but they kept wanting to play Tua

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there a mystery guy that is supposed to start and Fitz will never play a down? Whatever happened to that guy?

Shack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDC was horrible to watch and the team record during his tenure was a losing one

i cant tell you if fitz is an upgrade . i cant tell you father time wont bite him in the ass

i can tell you that over his last 16 games his production obliterates anything we have had since KC was qb ,
Who is CDC?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a 5 win team as currently constituted and without a QB they would be fortunate to get back to 7 wins even if you include the extra game. Let me make it clear, Washington DOES NOT have a QB and will waste a season losing games because they haven't addressed this glaring hole.

I pains me to see venues dedicated to making money put the Goat-ropers as favorite to win the division. The Question is why?

First you cannot play real defense in the NFL anymore and because of that a team with the worse defense a season ago is favored because they have the best QB in the division.

I think that a good goal for our team is to attempt to get to 8 wins. They won't because the schedule is prohibitive and they ACTUALLY don't have a starting caliber QB on the team. The shame of it all is that with a mediocre QB like Cousins they could get to 8. With top level QB's this is a SB contending team. Now the question will be how long will this defense play knowing that they can keep scores lows but the team can't win games. This is my optimistic expectations for 2021... Theme, "If Only!"

Sty, respectfully...what are you basing this on? We won 7 games with 3 different QBs. But now we are a 5 win team despite improving around whoever plays at qb? You're also claiming our schedule prevents us from winning more than 8 games? What's even more shocking is you said Kirk Cousins could win 8 games this year, with this team....but he couldn't do it last year with a pretty decent Vikings roster??? If you look at teams like the falcons, chargers and vikings, they clearly underachieved, DESPITE having franchise QBs. So, i think it's early to write us off.
Dallas, who has a loaded roster, was still losing before Dakota got hurt....can't agree with you, except on the thought that we could be nfc conference champs with the right QB

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree Miami was a playoff team last season with Fitz but they kept wanting to play Tua

Sty, respectfully...what are you basing this on? We won 7 games with 3 different QBs. But now we are a 5 win team despite improving around whoever plays at qb? You're also claiming our schedule prevents us from winning more than 8 games? What's even more shocking is you said Kirk Cousins could win 8 games this year, with this team....but he couldn't do it last year with a pretty decent Vikings roster??? If you look at teams like the falcons, chargers and vikings, they clearly underachieved, DESPITE having franchise QBs. So, i think it's early to write us off.
Dallas, who has a loaded roster, was still losing before Dakota got hurt....can't agree with you, except on the thought that we could be nfc conference champs with the right QB
Last year was last year and there was a reason why they wanted to replace Fitz with Tua.

Here's the rationale for a 5 win season:

5 win season

• You cannot play true defense in the NFL anymore. Pro football is an offensive game now.
  • Washington does NOT have a starting caliber QB on their roster. Just because Fitz can walk, and sometimes perform well in relief, does not make him a starting caliber QB. I’ve actually heard elsewhere and read here that, “He’s better than what we had last year!” Good luck with shit on your shoe instead of shit on your foot because that's the level of "better" that Fitz gives you.

• Dallas is favored to win the division despite having the worse defense a year ago, why? Best QB in the division. So with that in mind we look at…

• The schedule, and the QB’s that they have compared to what we have. Not one is less than what we have five are about even, two are in the division. The 5 games based on QB status are;

• Split with the Giants
  • Split with the Eagles
  • Get one against the Broncos ( got to have some luck here)
  • Get one against Carolina
  • Get one against the Raiders (got to have some luck in this one too)
  • Perhaps they split with Dallas but lose against Denver. They might get 6 because of the extra game, I just don’t see where it comes from.

• Based on the metric used by odds makers, every other QB that plays Washington this year is far better than what we have. If Dallas can win the division with a bad defense there's too much emphasis on winning with defense in today's game.

• One last thing, Ron Rivera stated that if the QB that we wanted was there in an earlier round they would have definitely moved up to get him. I knew that they were targeting Lance; it was no secret around and within the organization. San Francisco ruined that by selecting him early and as such, the QB that we hoped to be there wasn’t. This effectively ruined their plans to not have Fitz start for them. Talking to the people that I know, they are ok but not satisfied with Fitz. There’s still a chance that they trade for their starter. They are currently watching two teams with respect to a trade. I know this as fact.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was last year and there was a reason why they wanted to replace Fitz with Tua.

Here's the rationale for a 5 win season:

5 win season

• You cannot play true defense in the NFL anymore. Pro football is an offensive game now.
  • Washington does NOT have a starting caliber QB on their roster. Just because Fitz can walk, and sometimes perform well in relief, does not make him a starting caliber QB. I’ve actually heard elsewhere and read here that, “He’s better than what we had last year!” Good luck with shit on your shoe instead of shit on your foot because that's the level of "better" that Fitz gives you.

• Dallas is favored to win the division despite having the worse defense a year ago, why? Best QB in the division. So with that in mind we look at…

• The schedule, and the QB’s that they have compared to what we have. Not one is less than what we have five are about even, two are in the division. The 5 games based on QB status are;

• Split with the Giants
  • Split with the Eagles
  • Get one against the Broncos ( got to have some luck here)
  • Get one against Carolina
  • Get one against the Raiders (got to have some luck in this one too)
  • Perhaps they split with Dallas but lose against Denver. They might get 6 because of the extra game, I just don’t see where it comes from.

• Based on the metric used by odds makers, every other QB that plays Washington this year is far better than what we have. If Dallas can win the division with a bad defense there's too much emphasis on winning with defense in today's game.

• One last thing, Ron Rivera stated that if the QB that we wanted was there in an earlier round they would have definitely moved up to get him. I knew that they were targeting Lance; it was no secret around and within the organization. San Francisco ruined that by selecting him early and as such, the QB that we hoped to be there wasn’t. This effectively ruined their plans to not have Fitz start for them. Talking to the people that I know, they are ok but not satisfied with Fitz. There’s still a chance that they trade for their starter. They are currently watching two teams with respect to a trade. I know this as fact.

If the game was determined by the QB alone, I would think you have a point.

Being favored is all about betting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game was determined by the QB alone, I would think you have a point.

Being favored is all about betting.
can't debate that, but all I ask is consideration with sober thought, not hope!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring catastrophic injuries this team is better than 5 wins. Now to wait and see how bad the Samuel's injury is. Groin injuries can last a long time.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is very much alive and well, just ask Mahommes in the superbowl.
Not saying you're wrong Sty, but positive covid results and injuries are a great equalizer. However if the things you said about Fitz playing for us come true, then I I'll believe you and also know you work for the WFT, and simply enjoy this forum.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make something very clear, this team as currently built is a 10-11-12 win team. The caveat being... If they had a QB. They DO NOT!
Last year we saw musical QB's and are likely to see more of the same this year. I don't think that there are many who disputes this. Hoping that Fitz becomes something that he hasn't been in his previous 16 years with seven teams has me asking to have what some here are smoking. Here's the real Ryan Fitzpatrick:

"Fitzpatrick's competitive but inconsistent performances have earned him the nicknames "Fitzmagic" and "Fitztragic". He has had only two winning seasons, which occurred with the 2015 Jets and 2020 Dolphins, and never made the playoffs." If the pattern holds, his next winning season will be in 2025 and whichever team he's playing for, still won't make the playoffs.

As mentioned, this is a 10- 11-12 win team, but not with any of the players that they currently have at QB. As good as the defense projects to be, they are not the 2012-2013 Ravens or the '85 Bears, rules won't allow that sort of play anymore.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is very much alive and well, just ask Mahommes in the superbowl.
Not saying you're wrong Sty, but positive covid results and injuries are a great equalizer. However if the things you said about Fitz playing for us come true, then I I'll believe you and also know you work for the WFT, and simply enjoy this forum.
was it really defense or his beat up/decimated offensive line?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it really defense or his beat up/decimated offensive line?

It was the defense. The Mighty mighty chiefs were humiliated.
I will say I think the Fitz hype is unwarranted, and I believe TH will take over.
It appears like the team is going to attack the QB issue in FA next off season

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WTF do not go 7-9 without the D making a midseason turn around last year. Today's game favors the offense but playing the best D in the league still matters.

Success this year will require that same D or better and improved offense.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how this team, even with lots of injuries, loses two more games than last year.

I dont see a single positional group that is, as a whole, well below average.

While you could argue that QB is below average as a group, it’s hard to argue with the stats that Fitz has put up over his last few ywars.

Other than qb, oline, rb, and wr are good, and te is average as a group.

Dline is top 5 in the league, lb’s are average as a group, cb’s are good, safeties are average.

This is a .500 team at worst, and since there are an odd number of games, 9 wins is what I’m guessing.