• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

expectations for the season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie, you’re rationale is ridiculous, plain and simple.

It’s simply ridiculous.

Like Dennis Green said, “we are who we think we are.” His stats are his stats. They are what they are.
The facts remain: his completion percentage has gone up each of the last three years, and his QBR over the last two years that he has played are almost double the qbr of any WFT qb that played.

You’re basing your argument on something akin to The Madden Curse. It’s silly.

Anyway, I think I’ve said all I have to say about this subject.
What's the "Madden Curse?"

Speaking of ridiculous Washington has fielded a bunch of junk over the last two years at QB. To compare his stats to that bunch, is the same as declaring that a barely useful QB is better than the totally useless ones that were here previously. In case you didn't get that because my "rationale is ridiculous," I agree with you Fitz is an upgrade, just as a D- grade is an upgrade over an F grade.

I get it, those rose colored glasses are blinding you, but if you soberly look at the facts about Fitz's career, you'll agree with me. His career doesn't begin and end with the last three years. We have 16 seasons of KNOWING who he is and what he brings to the game.

I'm done debating over your ridiculous claims as well, all I ask is that you continue to support Fitzmagic, when his alter ego, Fitztragic shows up.

Good debate outside of the name calling, apologies for my contributions to that part of it!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owed by whom? I owe him nothing. The league owes him nothing…if they can essentially run people out of the league for not taking a vaccine…they can easily run an accused sexual violator out of the league.

I expect there is some truth to the allegations…not all of this will be true. I tend to not believe women when they start adding on and adding on when years have passed.

I haven’t made a judgement. I do not know all the facts. I do know odds. Like I said, I expect there is some truth in some of the allegations.

I tend to agree with you. I don’t know if all the women were worried about employment and some would not physically and permanently destroy or kill a man the way I would if this were done to me.
Everyone accused is owed the presumption of innocence. How is it that you don't get that?

I see them as nothing more than allegations, I offer no judgement either way beyond that. Right now all that I can tell you about this case is that there are people who have their story to tell, and Mr. Watson who has his story to tell.

We agree on likely reactions, I'm not sure about killing, but sure that too might've happened, if the circumstance actually occurred.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone accused is owed the presumption of innocence. How is it that you don't get that?
In a court of law. On a personal level, they most certainly are not. Do you leave an accused ********* alone with your child as a babysitter?
I see them as nothing more than allegations, I offer no judgement either way beyond that. Right now all that I can tell you about this case is that there are people who have their story to tell, and Mr. Watson who has his story to tell.
They are allegations. I don’t care about stories…I care about the truth. Right now, I believe Watson has issues, at the very least addiction issues. Could I be convinced he did nothing wrong? Absolutely. Could I be convinced in a legal setting of his guilt? Probably not. I think it is almost impossible to prove wrongdoing beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt…because it always comes down to his word against each individual woman’s. That is not proof. Proof is a cum stain on a blue dress.
We agree on likely reactions, I'm not sure about killing, but sure that too might've happened, if the circumstance actually occurred.
If somebody is trying to r*pe me or sodomize me…they lose the appendage and I watch them bleed…probably spitting and kicking them as they die.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a court of law. On a personal level, they most certainly are not. Do you leave an accused ********* alone with your child as a babysitter?

They are allegations. I don’t care about stories…I care about the truth. Right now, I believe Watson has issues, at the very least addiction issues. Could I be convinced he did nothing wrong? Absolutely. Could I be convinced in a legal setting of his guilt? Probably not. I think it is almost impossible to prove wrongdoing beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt…because it always comes down to his word against each individual woman’s. That is not proof. Proof is a cum stain on a blue dress.

If somebody is trying to r*pe me or sodomize me…they lose the appendage and I watch them bleed…probably spitting and kicking them as they die.
Where exactly are the jurors coming from in a court of law?

An accused*********would be known and not allowed to hire as a sitter correct?, if not, how would you know who you're hiring?

Allegations often lead to trial. Trials are nothing more that each side presenting their story (or version of fact) supposedly all aimed at getting to the truth. You have every right to believe as you do about his "issues" addictive or otherwise. Personally, I have no standing to judge another person's personal life unless seated as a juror in a case in which their personal life is germane to the charge(s). Even then, my own presumption of innocence bar is extremely high. (see: cum stain on a blue dress.) LOL!!

If somebody is trying to r*pe or sodomize you…then lose their appendage and you watch them bleed…probably spitting and kicking them as they die., and I'm a juror at your trial, you'd be home for dinner with thanks from a grateful community!

I've got a feeling that Mr. Watson's situation ends in one of two ways:

1. At trial where your general standard of "his word against each individual woman’s" equaling "not proof." therefore he walks.

2. He's traded and soon thereafter, settles resulting in no trial. The one caveat to this is time. Too much of it passing and he'll settle prior to getting traded.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why you simply wait till it plays out . I don’t doubt his talent but that shouldn’t be the first thing that enters into it . He deserves due process, he is innocent till proven guilty .
The question is do you give up all those assets only to have him never to play again . ? It’s possible . Maybe not likely but if it happens you are back to square one and you are out picks and players .
I get the feeling all we are seeing is talent and that should trump character and possible victims

DW isn’t the last great qb
And no Fitz isn’t the next coming . He is a journeyman, stop gap , placeholder . The modern Steve De berg
I think Fitz is billy Kilmer

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why you simply wait till it plays out . I don’t doubt his talent but that shouldn’t be the first thing that enters into it . He deserves due process, he is innocent till proven guilty .
The question is do you give up all those assets only to have him never to play again . ? It’s possible . Maybe not likely but if it happens you are back to square one and you are out picks and players .
I get the feeling all we are seeing is talent and that should trump character and possible victims

DW isn’t the last great qb
And no Fitz isn’t the next coming . He is a journeyman, stop gap , placeholder . The modern Steve De berg
I think Fitz is billy Kilmer
I get all of that but, Billy Kilmer? How'd you make that comparison? To me...

FITZMAGIC, FITZTRAGIC (Two balls one for completions, the other interceptions lol)

1629348680157.png

EQUALS GOOD REX, BAD REX (how soon we forget)

. 1629348343277.png

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Kilmer and Fitz were journeyman qbs before coming to DC. Both run hot and cold

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And both had much, much, much better careers than TRex.
sty just wants DW at any and all costs so he throws out TREX or interceptous rex

fitz is a far better qb then rex but again lost in all that is rex played in a superbowl

the game is cyclical . not much is ever really new , you can go back in the early days of the nfl and see things that are "innovative " being run back then

you dont have to have DW to win a superbowl or be there , in fact he hasnt sniffed one

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where exactly are the jurors coming from in a court of law?
Jury of the peers. Not sure why you are asking.
An accused*********would be known and not allowed to hire as a sitter correct?, if not, how would you know who you're hiring?
Why? He is simply accused…just like Watson.
Allegations often lead to trial. Trials are nothing more that each side presenting their story (or version of fact) supposedly all aimed at getting to the truth. You have every right to believe as you do about his "issues" addictive or otherwise. Personally, I have no standing to judge another person's personal life unless seated as a juror in a case in which their personal life is germane to the charge(s). Even then, my own presumption of innocence bar is extremely high. (see: cum stain on a blue dress.) LOL!!
Allegations can if the prosecutor thinks he has the evidence for conviction.

A perspective employer has that right.

I agree about the presumption of innocence. That cum stain proves that Clinton got off on Monica.
If somebody is trying to r*pe or sodomize you…then lose their appendage and you watch them bleed…probably spitting and kicking them as they die., and I'm a juror at your trial, you'd be home for dinner with thanks from a grateful community!
And I thank you in advance. Would it matter if I had no remorse and just said the POS got what he deserved?
I've got a feeling that Mr. Watson's situation ends in one of two ways:

1. At trial where your general standard of "his word against each individual woman’s" equaling "not proof." therefore he walks.
Unless they have some proof we don’t know about, I would say not guilty. Women can lie just as much as men.
2. He's traded and soon thereafter, settles resulting in no trial. The one caveat to this is time. Too much of it passing and he'll settle prior to getting traded.
All of this is possible. I am pretty sure he can still be suspended and is a possibility.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sty just wants DW at any and all costs so he throws out TREX or interceptous rex

fitz is a far better qb then rex but again lost in all that is rex played in a superbowl

the game is cyclical . not much is ever really new , you can go back in the early days of the nfl and see things that are "innovative " being run back then

you dont have to have DW to win a superbowl or be there , in fact he hasnt sniffed one
I selected Rex because both careers are similar as are their monikers (Fitzmagic = Good Rex and Fitztragic = Bad Rex). Kilmer was a lot more consistent than either of these guys and a lot less athletic than both, that is why I asked what caused you to select him.

BTW; I do not want Watson at all costs and there's relationship between wanting to acquire him and introducing Rex into the mix. Watson could be had with a smart trade package, Just as Fields might have been, but somehow, this team, this organization refuses to have top of the line players at the most important position in the game. In fact, I challenge you all to name that one QB that this team has ever had outside of 3 sticks, who, while here was a top flight player! (top flight = top ten, I'll be generous) You probably can't think of one in your lifetime(s).

D. Watson is a top 3 NFL QB, and here is a list of 33 QB's who have won a SB. ONLY 6 were not a top ten QB at the time that they won a SB. If you do the math you will find that your statement is true about winning a SB without a top 10 QB, but that only applies 18% of the time. If you want to drastically improve your chances of winning a SB you have to have a top 10 guy at QB. (82%)

Super Bowl 23. Joe Montana (Jerry Rice), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 24. Joe Montana (MVP), 5 TDs
Super Bowl 25. Jeff Hostetler (Ottis Anderson), 1 TD ( Not a top 10 QB)
Super Bowl 26.
Mark Rypien (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 27. Troy Aikman (MVP), 4 TDs
Super Bowl 28. Troy Aikman (Emmitt Smith), O TDs
Super Bowl 29. Steve Young (MVP), 6 TDs
Super Bowl 30. Troy Aikman (Larry Brown), 1 TD
Super Bowl 31. Brett Favre (Desmond Howard), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 32. John Elway (Terrell Davis), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 33. John Elway (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer (Ray Lewis), 1 TD (Not a top 10 QB)
Super Bowl 36.
Tom Brady (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs (Not a top 10 QB)
Super Bowl 38.
Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD (Not a top 10 QB)
Super Bowl 47:
Joe Flacco (MVP), 3TDs (Not a top 10 QB)
Super Bowl 48:
Russell Wilson (Malcolm Smith), 2TDs
Super Bowl 49: Tom Brady (MVP), 4TDs
Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning (Von Miller), 0TDs (Not a top 10 QB)
Super Bowl 51:
Tom Brady (MVP), 2TDs
Super Bowl 52: Nick Foles (MVP), 3 TDs (Not a top 10 QB)
Super Bowl 53:
Tom Brady (Julian Edelman), 0TDs
Super Bowl 54: Patrick Mahomes (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 55: Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allegations can if the prosecutor thinks he has the evidence for conviction.

A perspective employer has that right.

I agree about the presumption of innocence. That cum stain proves that Clinton got off on Monica.

And I thank you in advance. Would it matter if I had no remorse and just said the POS got what he deserved?

Unless they have some proof we don’t know about, I would say not guilty. Women can lie just as much as men.

All of this is possible. I am pretty sure he can still be suspended and is a possibility.
gkekoa said:

Really?? Ok,.. A jury of his peers comes from the general public. A general public who would then take an oath after passing through a very calculated voir dire process in which one of the questions is always related to not having pre-judged the case in the face of media or other public airings/reports about the charges.

gkekoa said:

Watson is famous, Sam/ Samantha from across the way would never get the publicity that a more famous person gets. He/she might be accused but how well known that is, is cause for concern when hiring.

gkekoa said:

No further comment about Clinton/Monica, too close to being in violation of the zero politics rule.

gkekoa said:

You're welcome!! No it would not matter unless your actions were akin to that of Lorena Bobbitt!! :D

gkekoa said:

Agreed! Although I would eliminate "can" from your statement about women.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks can argue all they want. Watson isn't coming here. Other teams have more capital to make it happen.

All that said I am not trading for this guy no matter what team it is until he gets the all clear from the courts and the NFL.

Lastly and this has been said more than once there is no way in hell the WTF can trade for a guy accused of sexual abuse after what has come to light in the past year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gkekoa said:

Really?? Ok,.. A jury of his peers comes from the general public. A general public who would then take an oath after passing through a very calculated voir dire process in which one of the questions is always related to not having pre-judged the case in the face of media or other public airings/reports about the charges.
I thought that was where you were going on it. Maybe we should stop all trials because everybody has preconceived notions. The key is being able to listen to the facts. Somebody like me for instance, an addiction is not a crime. I have already stated there would have to be some evidence I have not seen to convict him of a crime.
gkekoa said:

Watson is famous, Sam/ Samantha from across the way would never get the publicity that a more famous person gets. He/she might be accused but how well known that is, is cause for concern when hiring.
Accused pedophiles get a ton of publicity.
gkekoa said:

No further comment about Clinton/Monica, too close to being in violation of the zero politics rule.
I don’t think so but I understand. Clinton is just a dude. Monica was just a ho.
gkekoa said:

You're welcome!! No it would not matter unless your actions were akin to that of Lorena Bobbitt!! :D
If dude actually put it in there…wtf else would I do. Hell…I would put that thing in a blender and say bastard, good luck with pumping that up.
More accurate. I like it.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All Skins fans should know you simply need a field general like Joey T, a master long ball artist in Rypien, or a masterful orchestra conductor in Doug Williams and you can win a superbowl. You don't need no stinkin Brady, Rodgers or Watson to accomplish winning a superbowl. :dhd:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used him to run out the clock basically . 4 of 7 passes 54 yds .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where’s the weekly Haskins update @Stymietee? I’m curious
I'm in Ohio right now and didn't get a chance to post an update. For the record the challenge wasn't a weekly update, but speaking about him under the false assumption that he would be a bust. Rothlesburger took the bulk of the work, followed by Mason, as @dad mentioned, Haskins did finishing work. Hopefully, your point in asking isn't based on him not having dazzling numbers. He got some work.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Ohio right now and didn't get a chance to post an update. For the record the challenge wasn't a weekly update, but speaking about him under the false assumption that he would be a bust. Rothlesburger took the bulk of the work, followed by Mason, as @dad mentioned, Haskins did finishing work. Hopefully, your point in asking isn't based on him not having dazzling numbers. He got some work.
not far from me old friend , where in ohio ?