• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expansion Banter: Just some Digression

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so...not by a long shot....example...Wv will drive over $142 million per year next year...whats a $20 million buyout clause when its likely you are going to something that will pay that off in the first year...i.e See Wv when exiting the Big East............:rollseyes:

ACC buyout is $50 million, PLUS the GOR, unless enough teams leave AT ONCE to fold the league, there is no value to the schools new league.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is the GOR in place for the ACC?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i believe Dad is right, unless there is a major exodus from the ACC then those teams are staying put....but i think the same about the Big 12, we will not be poached so that only leaves the UCF's and Cincys of the world....which lets remember in expansion you really do not need good teams, just good markets. UCF and USF offer just that even being in such close proximity number 13 and 19. Cincy is number 34.

I see no option that leaves WVU in the BE or whatever they are calling it these days. If we ever do leave the Big 12 it will be to the ACC or the SEC. Until then we just keep collecting a nice size check and build our program up to top teir standards. Lets face it one of the reasons we were not picked for the SEC was due to very poor facilties in the non profit sport areas. Those have been addressed and will continue to be under the right direction.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, I have to think that either the B12 or ACC HAS to go away, the powers that be will not split the cash 80 ways, when the model for 16 team leagues comes to pass. With their new 4 team "playoff" I think they are trying for 4-16 team leagues to keep the money to a 64 way split.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they do or maybe they don't but nothing is forcing the leagues to 16 teams at the moment because none of them are there now and none of them seem to be adding teams at the moment to get there....all the rumors I have heard is the mass ACC exodus more than the Pac 12 being able to lure away Texas and Oklahoma. Which ever way it goes the other teams will be picked up afterwards. Slap Big 12, ACC, or SEC on our field and they all look better than where we were at.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC buyout is $50 million, PLUS the GOR, unless enough teams leave AT ONCE to fold the league, there is no value to the schools new league.

Whether is $20 million or $50 Million if the overall package for the conference is enhanced to either cover the buyout or more likely enhance the revenues the poaching conference will pay it out...if or should I say when the Big12 agrees to a Big12 cable network the money would be chump change...GOR absolutey has a work around...nothing is in stone...seriously what happens..a team bolts gets sued for damages a court determines the amount and off they go..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether is $20 million or $50 Million if the overall package for the conference is enhanced to either cover the buyout or more likely enhance the revenues the poaching conference will pay it out...if or should I say when the Big12 agrees to a Big12 cable network the money would be chump change...GOR absolutey has a work around...nothing is in stone...seriously what happens..a team bolts gets sued for damages a court determines the amount and off they go..

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next few years, I just hope WVU is on the inside!!!!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas can make more money in the B12 than any other conference. The Pac 12 found that out when it tried to raid the B12. As long as Texas is in the B12, the conference will stay together.

any further expansion will be messy. The B12 could pick up a couple of teams like Boise, BYU or UCF but it will not add value to the conference. I'll be surprised to see any big moves in the next couple of years.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the ACC is the conference to raid. It makes great fodder for the SEC, B1G and Big XII. Only the PAC would really be left out. If the SEC, Big XII and B1G all hit at the same time... Yeah, I know it's unlikely.