• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expanding the playoffs

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone like the idea?

I have a hard time getting excited about the Blues in the regular season because making the playoffs isn't really something to be proud of. Do we really want this for the NFL?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MORE GAMES :3

but until the union is on board with it nothings gonna happen.....

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only way Jerra's Cowboys get in!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely hate the idea. I also hate the idea of expanding the regular season to 18 games. Anybody who's played football at any level knows the toll it takes on the body. At 18 game regular seasons, and expanded playoffs it just waters down the product. Players can't play "all out" every game for 18 games and expanded playoffs--it's just not physically possible. To be perfectly honest I liked it better when it was only a 14 game season, and each game really meant something. But of course that was when Pro Football wasn't the business it is now. We all know Roger Goodell doesn't give a damn about the players in this league. Only about the opportunities to generate more of the almighty $$$. He also won't be happy until he turns this league into the damn arena league, where holding an opponent to under 50 points is a defensive feat. As Lem Barney said, "This league won't be around in 20 years" But why should I care, neither will I.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I getting tired of alot of BS that is creeping into the game including these outrageous contracts to players that can't catch footballs thrown to them or QB's who can't play the position with any sort of consistency or integrity. You can barely breathe on guys because of head injuries and the like and now they want to expand the play-offs and put a team in London. I think Lem Barney may be right.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players and owners will like it as it equals more money and that is the ultimate name of the game.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point I fathomed the idea of 18 games because I'm just a football head; I used to play madden all the time and thats all we talk about at work. But I'm down with a cool 16; in addition i hate the idea of expanding the play offs. These suits don't give a fucc about anything else besides making money; if its not broke (all the way) don't fix it!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football lasts too long already, IMO.

ALL sports should reduce the number of teams making the post-season is another opinion of mine.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 major leagues(MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) should have 8 playoff teams in my opinion. If any has a reason to have more its the NFL because it has a very limited number of regular season games compared to the other leagues but I still feel more than 12 is unreasonable.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I much rather expand the league than the playoffs, if they're is more teams, then maybe more [Playoff] games can come along (With a second bye and other things like that, lifetime benefits and shit but thats a completely different conversation in my mind)

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only vote the fans have is by their attendance and the amount of money they spend on the NFL product. Everything today is more, more, more....Unfortunately more doesn't necessarily equate to "better" But the owners want more because it would mean more $$$ lining their pockets. The fans want more because fantasy football is a huge driving force in the game today. As I've mentioned earlier, Goodell won't be happy until he eventually has every team scoring 50 and 60 points. Look at the big deal the league makes about Peyton Manning throwing 55 TD passes in a league that has deliberately watered down and hand-cuffed the defenses. So many games today are decided by who has the ball last and can score as time runs out. The casual fantasy fan just doesn't appreciate defense, and wouldn't know the difference between a SAM linebacker and a zone blitz or a bad case of jock itch. It's going to happen. That's the way Goofdell and the owners and the fantasy (read: I don't have a real life) nerds want it. You have a fair amount of teams in the NHL making the playoffs, but at least in hockey you can still hit people and fight once in awhile. In a few years Goofdell will have the players running around with pretty pink flags dangling from their belts and maybe poetry classes at half-time. Fairy boy Goofdell is turning the league into a non-contact, no defense, no hitting so we can play more games and make more money, kitten league.