• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex players new lawsuit

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had doctors really lying to them about injuries then the nfl is screwed. The painkiller complaint is an absolute joke though. These guys knew what they were taking and if they didn't it's their own fault.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had doctors really lying to them about injuries then the nfl is screwed. The painkiller complaint is an absolute joke though. These guys knew what they were taking and if they didn't it's their own fault.

Nope, this doesn't exist. It always is the NFL's fault and if the NFL ever settles for any amount but the full suit, it should be thrown out because these players don't have legal representation and are smaller in size and wealth than the NFL.

Sarcasm alert.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the reasons that PED's are banned. Let's face it, they work, and they can get you back on the field faster, but it will also create more injury and create long term debilitating problems down the road. IF they were used strictly as injury related rehab type stuff and proper healing time was given after, they COULD have a place. But with this much money and this much greed they will be misused much like other drugs were.

The amount of cortisone alone given in the NFL should be enough for charges against all the teams. Those things eat joints like pacman, but they allow you to get on the field. SOme of these guys are getting shots monthly and weekly in season just to get on the field. At this point one could say it's their own choice, but I think it's more complicated than that.

None of the "right" decisions are going to be based on the health or best interest of the player or even the long term health of the player or position. it's all win and win now and when faced with keeping your job and getting someone on the field or getting pushed out the door, everyone is feeling the pressure to win.

Then you have front office guys pushing doctors who are advising players who are worried about their job. The doctors are worried about their jobs, the front offices are worried about their jobs and it all comes back to money.

I don't doubt this happened to a degree. It happened at the little D-3 college I went to. The pressure to get the treatments the teams said to get was quite large and they didn't even have scholarships on the line, let alone multimillion dollar contracts. I don't think it's fully the NFL's fault, but I also don't think the players should automatically be assumed to to have known better.

If someone came to you today and said, here get this shot, it's mandatory so you can work and earn your money. It's safe, side effects are minimal, only some soreness or refuse and be cut/fired most would take it. Let's use a flu shot for example in the regular work place, and in 20 years they find a sharp rise in Alzheimer's related to the Aluminum in the shot, do we just say, the workers should have known better? and how many of you would quit your pretty meanial job compared to that of an NFL player because you'd rather refuse?

anyway, I appreciate the guys good enough to put their bodies on the line for my entertainment every Sunday. I'd also like to know they aren't going to be decrepit hunks of flesh and destroyed joints and organs when they're 50.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew the risks when they took them but did it so they could get back on the field to make more money.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew the risks when they took them but did it so they could get back on the field to make more money.

Did the docs know the risks of giving shotty medical advice?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys aren't doctors. If the guys they are supposed to listen to for medical advice tell them something they are likely to listen. After all the medical staff is just an extension of their boss (the organization). Easy to be high and mighty about this but this is how the guys make a living. If you had families to support, you were sick and your job was threatened, someone offers you a pill to make you better but could hurt you 15-20 years down the road you're probably taking it.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so says the person that was probably as far away from a professional or collegiate locker room as one could be back when these decisions were made. LOL

HighMark

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the players and the doctors are both to blame probably. But if a doctor doesn't warn a player that drugs they are taking to be able to play might cause serious damage, I don't know how the NFL can avoid a serious payout.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, they knew the risks. I have zero sympathy for them. They did it to get back on the field and keep making money.

They weren't victims anymore than today's athletes aren't. "Well my trainer gave me this cream to put on my knee....how was I supposed to know there were steroids in it"?...."I had no idea what they were injecting into me"....etc.

They didn't care what the side effects were as long as it kept them on the field.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again says the person that was never in any professional or locker room in any capacity to have any clue the dynamics or pressures involved, let alone what was known and what was covered up, glossed over, over misrepresented by team doctors.

It happens in everyday real world medicine depending on what doctor you're listening too, why do you think the NFL is any different?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
These assholes got paid millions of dollars, and nobody put a gun to their heads & said they had to take anything. They were grown ass men. And they still get paid if they're injured!

A heartfelt up yours to people who are constantly blaming other people for their problems. Take responsibility for your own actions.

They're just trying to make an easy buck for doing nothing just like way too many lazy freeloaders.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These assholes got paid millions of dollars, and nobody put a gun to their heads & said they had to take anything. They were grown ass men. And they still get paid if they're injured!

A heartfelt up yours to people who are constantly blaming other people for their problems. Take responsibility for your own actions.

They're just trying to make an easy buck for doing nothing just like way too many lazy freeloaders.

Mondio says you're wrong because you've never been in the NFL.

Of course...neither was he so.....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of what these NFL doctors are being accused of is malpractice. Poor medical advice, prescriptions... Some of you guys are talking about the players and their professional accountability, what about the doctors and the organizations employing them, are they above institutional accountability because personal accountability is all that matters?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some of what these NFL doctors are being accused of is malpractice. Poor medical advice, prescriptions...

"Poor" medical advice is malpractice? Prescriptions is malpractice? These players knew exactly what they were taking. They were told since college ex-football players die young & have all kinds of medical problems. But they took pain killers to play with injuries because they wanted the money. They got the money. Now they're paying for it, and they want to blame someone else.

BUUUUUUUUUULLLLLL shit.

Stop being parasites & get a job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to cost a bundle...get ready for pay per view football and a boatload of commercials. The fans will be paying for these legal actions and it won't be cheep. I guess the poor will be relegated to peeking through digital knotholes in the fence to watch an NFL game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is going to cost a bundle...get ready for pay per view football and a boatload of commercials. The fans will be paying for these legal actions and it won't be cheep. I guess the poor will be relegated to peeking through digital knotholes in the fence to watch an NFL game.

Exactly. Just like all income taxes and corporate taxes, lawsuit settlements get passed on to the consumer. It's part of the overhead. People be like, "Sweet! Make those rich bastards pay." Who do you think pays those rich bastards in the first place?

People don't understand this though for some reason that baffles my mind. :what:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Poor" medical advice is malpractice? Prescriptions is malpractice? These players knew exactly what they were taking. They were told since college ex-football players die young & have all kinds of medical problems. But they took pain killers to play with injuries because they wanted the money. They got the money. Now they're paying for it, and they want to blame someone else.

BUUUUUUUUUULLLLLL shit.

Stop being parasites & get a job.

Yes, knowingly giving poor medical advice to patients is malpractice. But I guess only "parasites" should be held accountable.

A lot of people get emotional about this because we love the NFL and dont want to see it damaged by these lawsuits. The fact is that when you use questionable business practices to build your business, you cant cry when you have to pay for those choices after you are successful.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes, knowingly giving poor medical advice to patients is malpractice. But I guess only "parasites" should be held accountable.

Yes, they're parasites. "Poor" medical advice is about as vague as it gets. The players understood what they were getting into. They were perfectly within their rights to sit out if they were injured, but THEY decided to take pain killers & play. That has nothing to do with the doctor.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they're parasites. "Poor" medical advice is about as vague as it gets. The players understood what they were getting into. They were perfectly within their rights to sit out if they were injured, but THEY decided to take pain killers & play. That has nothing to do with the doctor.

Everyone is to blame. There were no babes in the woods.