• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex players new lawsuit

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mondio says you're wrong because you've never been in the NFL.

Of course...neither was he so.....

I have never played in the NFL. I have taken care of players, past and present, in the NFland NHL.
I'm going to go out on a limb I say I do have a different perspective than most, especially you. :)

But keep going, you and niner keep telling us all you dont know LOL

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Don't mind if I do!

If you have a gun pointed at your head when you're a grown man taking a medication, I say it's malpractice. If you take it voluntarily and it gives you problems, that's your own damn fault. Take responsibility for what you consume.

But like I said, these guys don't give a crap about responsibility or right & wrong; they're just trying to make an easy buck.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they're parasites. "Poor" medical advice is about as vague as it gets. The players understood what they were getting into. They were perfectly within their rights to sit out if they were injured, but THEY decided to take pain killers & play. That has nothing to do with the doctor.

Well when you have someone that's a team doctor who took the Hippocratic Oath telling you that these pills or this shot is ok and won't have long term affects when in fact it was destroying your body then you actually do have grounds for a lawsuit. Why don't people actually read about what these quacks were doing before jumping to the knee-jerk reaction that it's a bunch of former players looking for a quick buck. Back then a lot of the star players that could afford it wouldn't even go to team doctors because they knew the only thing they were thinking about was getting a player back on the field no matter what.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well when you have someone that's a team doctor who took the Hippocratic Oath telling you that these pills or this shot is ok and won't have long term affects when in fact it was destroying your body then you actually do have grounds for a lawsuit.

These shots didn't destroy their bodies! And the doctors didn't say the medications had no side effects! Even ibuprofen has long-term effects, but it's not "malpractice" to tell people to take it. Everyone knows that stuff is hard on the kidneys & stomach lining. That's been common knowledge since before I was born. What they prescribed is like really strong ibuprofen. And the effects were from PLAYING INJURED not from the drugs. The drugs just numbed the pain so they could keep injuring themselves without feeling it as much. That was their own choice; they got PLENTY of compensation for that.

Newberry also was believed to have been a heavy drinker back in his playing days. I'm sure him willingly taking anti inflammatories hurt his kidneys too, but those effects were known when he was taking them.

Parasites. And their lawyers are even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never played in the NFL. I have taken care of players, past and present, in the NFland NHL.
I'm going to go out on a limb I say I do have a different perspective than most, especially you. :)

I know they're grown assed men and they CHOSE to use drugs, and they didn't care about any side effects as long as they kept playing.

Now they're paying for it.

Zero sympathy for them.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you have zero sympathy doesn't surprise anyone really :) You should be so lucky to find yourself in a similar situation someday with people like you to look to for support or help. Probably the first one in line to take the easy way out.

But like I said, these guys don't give a crap about responsibility or right & wrong; they're just trying to make an easy buck.

but obviously responsibility doesn't involve teams, team doctors or anybody else right? I'm pretty sure you've never seen what a routine shot like cortisone does to joints and tendons/ligaments. I'm sure you have no fucking clue how many of these team doctors used to hand out like candy when they knew what the long term affects were and as far as the players knew, they just allowed them to get back on the field faster. There's a reason in the real world an MD won't do 3 in a year most times, yet in the NFL players were getting them almost weekly. They handed them out like candy because it was their job and they were pressured by teams to get their players back on the field. Consequences be damned, and all for the money and making an easy buck as you put it.

I always wondered why those that know the least seem to have the most to say about something???? Keep acting like you have a clue, it's never stopped you before LOL

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
but obviously responsibility doesn't involve teams, team doctors or anybody else right? I'm pretty sure you've never seen what a routine shot like cortisone does to joints and tendons/ligaments. I'm sure you have no fucking clue how many of these team doctors used to hand out like candy when they knew what the long term affects were

YOU SAID IT YOURSELF! "when they knew what the long term affects were" So did the players! The long-term effects of getting pain, anti inflammatory shots & playing hurt were known to the players, but they voluntarily took them anyway. These shots were "handed out." The players weren't held down & given the shots by force.

If you sign up to play football you're signing up to get hurt. You can play hurt & make more money or sit out & make less. These players chose the former and got paid huge money; and now they want to blame others for their actions like the kind of entitled crybabies people like you love to promote.

How is it that you're wrong about everything you say? Your consistency is almost JDM-like.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's easy to be "wrong" when trying to talk to someone that isn't even aware how little they know LOL. Carry on.

Every patient of every doctor obviously has all the background and knowledge base from which to make choices, they are also more educated on every procedure and every side effect, even more so than the doctors :)

They also have the same motivations too. It's funny to read the very obviously misguided and ill informed opinions of those that truly aren't aware how little they know. I guess it's why I check in now and again. Call it my reality tv :)

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a government worker for over 30 years. I used to be a good worker. After I retire I'm suing the government for ruining me. I'm unemployable and it's their fault.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I guess it's easy to be "wrong" when trying to talk to someone that isn't even aware how little they know LOL. Carry on.

Every patient of every doctor obviously has all the background and knowledge base from which to make choices, they are also more educated on every procedure and every side effect, even more so than the doctors :)

They also have the same motivations too. It's funny to read the very obviously misguided and ill informed opinions of those that truly aren't aware how little they know. I guess it's why I check in now and again. Call it my reality tv :)

You are incredibly full of shit on this one. I listened to players talk about getting a shot and playing hurt back in the 90's during interviews. They f'ing knew they were putting themselves at risk. The common phrase was, "I might not be able to pick my kids up when I'm older." The knew the risks.

Their law suit is like if a guy invested in a stock with full knowledge it could go down, and then he loses a bunch of money & sues his stock broker because he lost his money.

...On second though, this is actually closer to a guy who quadrupled his money and STILL sued his stock broker because he didn't make more.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure am LOL. I'm pretty confident in my profession and experience and I have to say, you don't have a clue.

In your opinion a player should know more than the doctor treating him. The player has responsibility, but the doctor, a highly paid and respected "expert" has none :) If I treated an everyday joe like an NFL player I'd lose my license. Thank God, I don't have to have responsibility for my actions as a professional, all of it lies with the player :)

I have to say, I like the way things work in your world. Much better for me. But then it doesn't really follow your whole personal responsibility mantra does it?? I guess that only works when it fits your idea of personal responsibility. But go ahead, come back and tell me about how treating athletes works :)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
In your opinion a player should know more than the doctor treating him.

Not only are you full of shit on this one, but your reading comprehension isn't faring well in this thread. Plyers should know (and did know) the exact same risks the doctors know when it comes to playing injured on anti-inflammatories. The risks were not only known to the players but to most of the general public as well. Everyone knows if you take pain killers and play football injured you're going to make the injury worse. And it doesn't take a medical doctor to know that even ibuprofen has a risk of damage to the kidneys and stomach lining.

The player has responsibility, but the doctor, a highly paid and respected "expert" has none :) If I treated an everyday joe like an NFL player I'd lose my license.

No you wouldn't! I've had plenty of doctors prescribe anti-inflammatories to me, and I've never played contact sports. If I had an injury and you prescribed an anti-inflammatory to me and then I decided that I was going to run a marathon because I temporarily felt better, I'd be an idiot. That is, unless someone were paying me millions of dollars to run that marathon. In which case, I'd probably do it; and it'd be 100% my own fault if I made the injury worse.

It's dumbass statements like yours why medical insurance is so high & thus the cost of medical care is so much higher.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please write me another paragraph about stuff you know nothing about

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody but the OP is missing the important point......did team doctors misinform, hide or outright lie about the nature of the injury. If they did, the NFL best be prepared to fork out some big bucks, hopefully they have insurance of some sort to help with bill.

HighMark

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind if I do!

If you have a gun pointed at your head when you're a grown man taking a medication, I say it's malpractice. If you take it voluntarily and it gives you problems, that's your own damn fault. Take responsibility for what you consume.

Its rare one person posts so many ridiculous things. The reason you have a doctor is to advise you on your health. That is a doctors job. To tell you the ramifications of the drugs you are taking and to monitor which combinations of drugs and for how long you take them to make sure you don't get hurt or even die.

If it was all up to the player, then why even have a doctor? These drugs can not be given without a prescription or without doctor approval... and there is a reason for that.

Seriously dumb post.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how are they suppose to prove the doctors didn't pre warn them of the side effects? This suit isn't as easy as the concussion one as it is easy to prove the NFL wasn't spending tons of money looking into the damages caused by multiple concussions. I think it is going to be rather difficult to win this suit because there can't be a paper trail unless some player went into the training room with a wire on.

The guy who claims he became a druggy because of the NFL I can see, because the Chargers turned Ryan Leaf into a drug addict because of them feeding him pills, but it isn't going to be easy to prove they either forced you or didn't tell you the warnings.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If it was all up to the player, then why even have a doctor? These drugs can not be given without a prescription or without doctor approval... and there is a reason for that.

Seriously dumb post.

IT IS ALL UP TO THE PLAYER! The player doesn't have to take anything he doesn't want to. The anti-inflammatory isn't what caused the health problems. PLAYING INJURED IS WHAT CAUSED THE HEALTH PROBLEMS!!! Anti-inflammatories are not bad for you when you've recently been injured. They make it easier for the body to heal itself. Why do you think people ice when they pull / tear something? They're trying to limit the amount of inflammation.

If you then proceed to play tackle football after getting the inflammation down, that's your own fault.

Last edited by a moderator: