• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex-NFLer Michael Oher: ‘Blind Side’ family lied about adopting me

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cnn says he tried to get 15 million from the family or he would put out false information out on them.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HS?
Yes...several.
Many were told to show in class and don't cause any problems and they will pass. ACT TEST BE DAMED.

hEck...in Texas, many for coddled in 8th grade
LOL

you do know there is maybe 40 5 stars in any season in the entire country right

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter in Texas just graduated high school in the Houston area with a colleague who is a major basketball prospect, a power forward who has good size and shooting ability and may wind up in the NBA. She said he was by far the dumbest brick in the class and that teachers made all kinds of exceptions to get him through the system because he is a superstar baller. He will be attending a school next year that's known for high academics as well as basketball. That's far from unusual especially in places like Texas, where it is common for parents to hold boys back a year depending on their birthdate to make sure they are bigger and better able to play football.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_4941.jpeg

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of years here

huh?

You're making it sound like your school had half a dozen of them in one year

that definitely didn't happen. There's 32 of them for all of the US in 2024

Oher was a consensus top 20 player in the entire country on Scout and top 40 on Rivals

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still have,nt heard why it took him till age 37 to bring it up,he can obviously read and he can take care of himself so wtf took so long?
The lie of Michael’s adoption is one upon which Co-Conservators Leigh Anne Tuohy and Sean Tuohy have enriched themselves at the expense of their Ward, the undersigned Michael Oher,” the legal filing says. “Michael Oher discovered this lie to his chagrin and embarrassment in February of 2023, when he learned that the Conservatorship to which he consented on the basis that doing so would make him a member of the Tuohy family, in fact provided him no familial relationship with the Tuohys.”

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh?

You're making it sound like your school had half a dozen of them in one year

that definitely didn't happen. There's 32 of them for all of the US in 2024

Oher was a consensus top 20 player in the entire country on Scout and top 40 on Rivals
Sir...I will try to slow this down, perhaps you will get a clear understanding to my respose to your questions.

Yes...I know of several HS 5 star football players that had to go the JUCO route.

You asked if I knew there were a limited number of 5 star playrr each year.

Well, lets say 5 do each year cause of grades & test scores.

Now... follow this part slowly.

5 per year ( as an example) times 40 or so years.
AND...I am posting about my neighborhood, Texas.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir...I will try to slow this down, perhaps you will get a clear understanding to my respose to your questions.

Yes...I know of several HS 5 star football players that had to go the JUCO route.

You asked if I knew there were a limited number of 5 star playrr each year.

Well, lets say 5 do each year cause of grades & test scores.

Now... follow this part slowly.

5 per year ( as an example) times 40 or so years.
AND...I am posting about my neighborhood, Texas.

you're just being a jackass about this. Your neighborhood is the entire state of Texas? lol. nice backtrack.

ignoring all that the number of them that go Juco are remarkably small and didn't really warrant a comment from you other than to be contrarian for no reason. Which you seem to enjoy doing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oher is worth 16 mill after his playing career....the family is 213 mill.

They profited way more over his story then he did. Doesn't seem right.
They already had money. What is wrong with some of you people?

Has to be the current racist culture causing the "oh poor michael" bullshit. These fucking losers split another athlete from his warm helpful family too. (We won't say his pathetic dog shit name). He almost won a super bowl but then he got so fucking racist he hated the people that raised him and opened up possibilities for him. It was a media personality that filled his head with that nonsense and basically ended his career. It's the culture.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused by the lawsuit. Is he trying to get out of the conservatorship or trying to get a piece of the 225k from the movie? It's a little wild for me to believe it took him over 16 years to realize he doesn't have power of attorney or control of over his own finances. By all means, Mr. Oher if you feel the conservatorship isn't working out for you, get out of it.

For those who don't know what a conservatorship is, it is basically where conservator is responsible for making financial and legal decisions for the conservatee. These things generally happen because the conservatee is a minor or the person suffers from mental or physical disabilities which would make them incapable of making important decisions in their life.

The lawsuit is a bit questionable because when he agreed to the conservatorship, he agreed that the Tuohys look after him and financially compensate him. If he wants to get out of the conservatorship and regain his ability to make financial and legal decisions, then that's a path he should take.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oher, who played football at the University of Mississippi and was later drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2009 alleges in his petition that each of the four members of the Tuohy family were paid $225,000 for the film plus 2.5% of the film's proceeds."

The film grossed 309 mill off a 29 mill budget.

If the family was that rich they should have paid some of that 7.8 mill (2.5%) to Oher.
There never should have been an agreement/contract where he did not receive some of the proceeds to begin-with. Regardless of what the Tuohys did or didn't do for Oher, its shady as fuck that there was a profitable book and movie made about his life that did not pay him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There never should have been an agreement/contract where he did not receive some of the proceeds to begin-with. Regardless of what the Tuohys did or didn't do for Oher, its shady as fuck that there was a profitable book and movie made about his life that did not pay him.

This.

And what makes it even more weird is there was a book and movie thrown together before Oher was even drafted.

I certainly won't say parts were not mutually beneficial but I can also totally see why the scenes of her showing him how to play football have never been a fave of his.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oher, who played football at the University of Mississippi and was later drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2009 alleges in his petition that each of the four members of the Tuohy family were paid $225,000 for the film plus 2.5% of the film's proceeds."

The film grossed 309 mill off a 29 mill budget.

If the family was that rich they should have paid some of that 7.8 mill (2.5%) to Oher.
Must be tough going through life as fucking stupid as you are...
Screenshot_20230817-085705_Chrome.jpg

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won’t know anything until the trial.

Right now, it’s his side of the story vs theirs.

But, assuming the Tuohy’s did get 2.5% of the movie profits as Oher claims, that amounts to $7.5M.

According to the Tuohy’s, a couple of years ago Oher was demanding they pay him 15M.

That’s twice the profits of the movie, assuming there was the 2.5% to begin with.

According to the Tuohy’s lawyer, whatever payments they did receive were split 5 ways for all the family members ( including Oher ). He also states Oher refused to take some or all of his payments, and the Tuohy’s put his share in a trust account for Oher’s son.

Again, we won’t know all the facts until the trial, but this sounds like a man who blew all his millions he made and is going after the Tuohy’s because they are worth 200M due to selling all their fast food restaurants.

If those things are true, he is going to come out looking worse than he did playing against Von Miller in the SB.