• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Evgeni Malkin

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anytime you feel like showing up is fine by me.

At least Tuesday's game isn't in the afternoon, so there's definitely a chance you could see him.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like he likes to sleep in. I wonder what's up with that. It would be interesting to see his day game stats vs his night game stats.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It does seem like he likes to sleep in. I wonder what's up with that. It would be interesting to see his day game stats vs his night game stats.

I'm pretty sure there would be a sizeable disparity. He's pretty invisible when it comes to the afternoon games (and the team as a whole seems to play worse).

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a nice job cherry picking late in game 1 and got himself a breakaway (didn't score).

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you say "bad game" in Russian?...but...according to the swamp...he is the Pens best player....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

in the regular season

Day:
11gp 5g, 7a, 12pts, -1

Night:
56gp 23g, 42a, 65pts, -5

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in the regular season

Day:
11gp 5g, 7a, 12pts, -1

Night:
56gp 23g, 42a, 65pts, -5

Interesting. Very marginal. I guess I am just remembering a few bad games.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Very marginal. I guess I am just remembering a few bad games.

Maybe he had 9 points in one of the afternoon games or something.

;)

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any guesses on why hes not doing well? Injury? It almost seems like you only here his name when the puck somehow finds him.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any guesses on why hes not doing well? Injury? It almost seems like you only here his name when the puck somehow finds him.

Indifference? I hope they start hitting him and he gets fired up.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin is a strange player. When he is on, he does everything with an ease that I haven't seen since Mario Lemieux. I still contend he's not as "complete" a player as Crosby, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Toews, but offensively he's probably the most dangerous guy in the NHL... WHEN he's on.

Crosby looks incredible, but he also looks like he's exerting every ounce of energy out of his body when he plays. Malkin sometimes looks like he's playing against a beer league team out there, he makes it look SOOOO easy. I wonder if that's why when he gets in a slump, he's a little more invisible than when a guy like Datsyuk isn't scoring, but you still notice him.

Again, watching Malkin when he's clicking is unlike watching any other player in the league. He doesn't "dazzle" like Datsyuk, he's not flying around like a Tazmanian devil like Crosby does, he doesn't turn into some kind of human wrecking ball like Ovechkin... he just sort of nonchalantly does what he does, and makes it look like he's sleepwalking through a bunch of ankle benders.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
crosby, zetterberg, datsyuk, toews? one of these things does not fit. crosby is a very good offensive player. defensively i would call him average to slightly average at best.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin is a strange player. When he is on, he does everything with an ease that I haven't seen since Mario Lemieux. I still contend he's not as "complete" a player as Crosby, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Toews, but offensively he's probably the most dangerous guy in the NHL... WHEN he's on.

Crosby looks incredible, but he also looks like he's exerting every ounce of energy out of his body when he plays. Malkin sometimes looks like he's playing against a beer league team out there, he makes it look SOOOO easy. I wonder if that's why when he gets in a slump, he's a little more invisible than when a guy like Datsyuk isn't scoring, but you still notice him.

Again, watching Malkin when he's clicking is unlike watching any other player in the league. He doesn't "dazzle" like Datsyuk, he's not flying around like a Tazmanian devil like Crosby does, he doesn't turn into some kind of human wrecking ball like Ovechkin... he just sort of nonchalantly does what he does, and makes it look like he's sleepwalking through a bunch of ankle benders.

I think that's a pretty good analysis. The way I see Malkin is as a guy who's incredibly talented, and who definitely puts in the work, but whose confidence is subject to change drastically with the things going on around him. Hopefully as he matures he'll learn to trust himself and his abilities regardless of how things are going.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuckin fantastic analysis. Holy shit, I need to sit down... oh wait, i am sitting down.

I don't know how to explain him, but I think you got pretty damn close, here. To me, and I mean this in the most sincerest way, he seems to get lazy.

I remember last season how much he dominated in steals. He was a cat-thief on the defensive blue-line. Come 2010, and I mean all the way back to January, I haven't seen that part of his game as much.

He's doing his bit on offense for the most part, but his defensive game of late isn't what it could be. His back-check is one of the strongest element's in his bag of tricks. That's why he had a ton of assist's in 2009, and in the playoffs last year.

He must start doing this again. Particularly to pick up the slack of no more Jordan Staal.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where have you gone geno...i miss you. seriously, the geno i knew and loved hasn't shown up in awhile. he NEEDS to pick it up. of course, looking back to last postseason, this is JUST about when he sparked. they need some sort of kick in the pants to get going. i thought that game 6 was it, but apparently not for everyone. Sid was flustered yesterday, but luckily as a pens fan, sid angry=sid score. now we just need to piss off geno.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Last year, I thought he looked like a future Selke candidate. This year, that was definitely something missing from his game.

I think his talent ceiling is higher than Crosby's or Ovechkin's; the only problem is that there are times when he's playing at the level and a lot of times when he isn't. Well, the Pens as a whole didn't have a great game two, so let's hope Geno shows up with the rest of the team tomorrow.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I often wonder about his play away from the puck. When he doesn't have it, it sometimes looks like he is trying to figure out why he doesn't have it, rather than where should I be busting my ass to get a good look or open ice...