• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone wants a piece of the mighty Jayhawks

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty easy to guess/know in most cases who did what based on their existing scheduling practices. While sure we can't say for sure and it may just be "specualtion" it's not without merit.

Miss St claims to have a problem finding teams to play them.

But as for Alabama - Notre Dame counts as a Power 5 team, you guys should fill that spot if you ain't skeered.

ND has played tougher schedules on average the last 5 years than Bama has. Safe to say we aren't afraid of anything. Does that mean ND will win, no but we basically play anybody who's willing. And our future schedules are rather difficult already. Playing Bama the next 3-5 years isn't realistic.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean ND will win, no but we basically play anybody who's willing. And our future schedules are rather difficult already. Playing Bama the next 3-5 years isn't realistic.

Savannah State says, 'us too'.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that Kansas is a bit upset that they didnt get into the SEC or anywhere else.

But yeah....there is an obvious team to schedule if they want to make money.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd know since it's required Bama play an FCS team every year.

Georgia Southern scored more on Alabama in 2011 than Notre Dame did in the BCS championship.

Sexy_smirk.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Southern scored more on Alabama in 2011 than Notre Dame did in the BCS championship.

Sexy_smirk.gif

You want a cookie? Big shock Bama is better than ND. Yet for some reason you needed to bring them up in this thread that had absolutely nothing to do with them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want a cookie? Big shock Bama is better than ND. Yet for some reason you needed to bring them up in this thread that had absolutely nothing to do with them.

Oh I was mostly just throwing crap back at that other ND fan and you got me while being trigger happy. Don't take it personal, I generally think of you as a good guy and mostly give you serious responses.

:suds:

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems half of the SEC called Kansas within moments of being told they needed to add a "Big 5" school to their schedule every year. If I was the Kansas AD, I would be insisting on home-and-home at a bare minimum. (And I don't think I have ever seen Charlie Weiss look more distinguished.)

The entire SEC wants to schedule Kansas - SBNation.com
No. No one outside of Mizzou gives two shits about Kansas. Fat fuck gonna fat fuck... Seriously though. Of course, the bottom 7 want to schedule Kansas. Wouldn't we all?:noidea:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was mostly just throwing crap back at that other ND fan and you got me while being trigger happy. Don't take it personal, I generally think of you as a good guy and mostly give you serious responses.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I could see an in for Kansas right now into the SEC. It would make SEC Network coverage of bball much more interesting in the long term. Screw it. Come on in!

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I could see an in for Kansas right now into the SEC. It would make SEC Network coverage of bball much more interesting in the long term. Screw it. Come on in!
Unfortunately, it's all about the money. If the Kansas market yields a profit worthwhile, the SEC will extend the hand. Personally, I don't see it...

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, it's all about the money. If the Kansas market yields a profit worthwhile, the SEC will extend the hand. Personally, I don't see it...

I don't either. In fact the SEC has already tapped every major market of regional significance adjacent to its footprint. I don't know where u go from here. Perhaps a Virginia team to tap more of the concentrated east coast population. That's the next biggest chunk of cash I see.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I actually think of this with all cupcakes. Teams want to schedule them to pump up their win column and play a glorified practice, ala Baylor, A&M, ect...then by all means start charging them to do so. How important is that "w" in the win column for you.

In BCS era for the regular season schedules:
#AP Top 10 opponents: OU 16; TAM 30
#AP Ranked opponents: OU 55; TAM 63
#opponents with D1A winning records OU 109; TAM 110

Perhaps some sage advice?

If your slate is clean then you can throw stones,
if it is not then leave them alone.
or
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either. In fact the SEC has already tapped every major market of regional significance adjacent to its footprint. I don't know where u go from here. Perhaps a Virginia team to tap more of the concentrated east coast population. That's the next biggest chunk of cash I see.
It's North Carolina, or Virginia. I don't see North Carolina as the Duke/UNC ties will probably kill that. Also, I don't see UVA, well, because it's UVA, lol. I'm content with the format as it is.:suds:

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even think about VT. Shows you how far they have fallen as of late, ha! Still don't like it... Not a huge market, IMHO.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida going out of state for a non conference game. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Florida will only travel outside the state WHEN it is for something BIG, like an NC. You might remember a certain game played against the "Chokeyes" in Glendale (which is most definitely out of Florida) that ended up 41-14. So, NO UF won't travel to Kansas to play them. We'll let OSU schedule the away games against 5-7 Power conference teams outside the state of Ohio and UF will stick with playing FSU in state. Let's see who ends up with the higher SOS!

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has played tougher schedules on average the last 5 years than Bama has.
true.
And our future schedules are rather difficult already.
In fairness, when I read that ND had signed their five-ACC-games-a-year deal, my first reaction was, "Well - the schedule just got a lot easier."

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In BCS era for the regular season schedules:
#AP Top 10 opponents: OU 16; TAM 30
#AP Ranked opponents: OU 55; TAM 63
#opponents with D1A winning records OU 109; TAM 110

Perhaps some sage advice?

If your slate is clean then you can throw stones,
if it is not then leave them alone.
or
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Well that statistic sucks because there were many years Oklahoma was in the top 10 while playing A&M and A&M wasn't.