• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone Must Read the Thread in the Site Announcements

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i see is the beer banner...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Amazon banner Red, is usually at the top of every page. Look for the Amazon logo because many just have the logo and no words of "amazon" anywhere on them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Apparently the ad campaign is not working so we are going back to Google. We have to clean-up the SportsHoopla from pictures of scantily clad ladies in posts and avatars. Now I know there is none of that here on the Rams pages because it is in my rules pages that everyone must read and abide. So we are way ahead on that. I am not sure what they are going to do with NSFW forum yet, but I wanted to applaud all of you for abiding with the rules because it has paid off and I don't have to scour the landscape here looking for that sort of thing. You guys are indeed the best!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update. The criteria for cleaning up the SportsHoopla is the removal of scantily clad ladies or in Google's definition pronography. Pronography will now only be relegated to the NSFW Forum only! I can report that the Rams pages are in compliance!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronography, lol. Can you not Google pics of scantily clad ladies? There's T&A in the ad banner, lol. Seems a little disingenuous on their part, but whatever it takes I guess.

Doesn't affect us here. We're well behaved (well, at least in that matter, lol).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronography, lol. Can you not Google pics of scantily clad ladies? There's T&A in the ad banner, lol. Seems a little disingenuous on their part, but whatever it takes I guess.

Doesn't affect us here. We're well behaved (well, at least in that matter, lol).
:lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea shopson. There is an uproar of hypocrisy that Google has scantily clad ladies in some of their ads but yet demand that we remove it all. If you want to read the arguments, go to the SITE ANNOUNCEMENTS Forum and see for yourself. If you want to see what they are bitching about, go to NSFW and see exactly what they define as pron.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea shopson. There is an uproar of hypocrisy that Google has scantily clad ladies in some of their ads but yet demand that we remove it all. If you want to read the arguments, go to the SITE ANNOUNCEMENTS Forum and see for yourself. If you want to see what they are bitching about, go to NSFW and see exactly what they define as pron.

Not that interested in the argument itself, just struck me as peculiar. I have no problem with the scantily clad ladies personally, lol. Well, within reason (no heavyweights, please)....:nono:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update! It looks as though we will NOT be losing the SportsHoopla on July 22nd no matter what happens with Google. We apparently did pick-up conditional advertising with Amazon. It's conditional because in order for the SportsHoopla to get paid, we have to buy something from Amazon. Next time you purchase from Amazon, use one of the banners advertised here. I have an account with Amazon so I'll be clicking on the banner here. Stay tuned!

Will do! The wife and I use amazon.com at least once a week.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Luckless. I have a huge CD's and Book library collections. I am on Amazon quite a bit like yourself.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Luckless. I have a huge CD's and Book library collections. I am on Amazon quite a bit like yourself.

I have a huge CD collection myself, but don't buy much online. For me, it's all about searching used CD stores and buying from the independent music stores that we are lucky to still have in Rochester. The House Of Guitars, the Record Archive, etc. I think the owners of these places (and other smaller ones) might recognize me more than some of their employees, lol. I'm coming up on 6700 CDs quickly; it's really my only spending vice, other than maybe junk/fast food. I'm to the point where I need to start boxing up some of the titles I rarely listen to in order to preserve shelf space for the one's I do; I have 4 floor-to-ceiling shelving units that are 3' wide, a desk with shelving unit that is also overrun, and piles of CDs that need to be sorted into place next time I feel adventurous, lol.

I do use Amazon a lot, but more for release dates (and anything I really want that I can't find locally).

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Apparently the ad campaign is not working so we are going back to Google. We have to clean-up the SportsHoopla from pictures of scantily clad ladies in posts and avatars. Now I know there is none of that here on the Rams pages because it is in my rules pages that everyone must read and abide. So we are way ahead on that. I am not sure what they are going to do with NSFW forum yet, but I wanted to applaud all of you for abiding with the rules because it has paid off and I don't have to scour the landscape here looking for that sort of thing. You guys are indeed the best!!!

I won't post a pic of my favorite Redskin ever again...:rollseyes:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update. Apparently we cleaned up the site sufficiently to re-apply with Google but now the ad campaign that Hammer switched to is doing quite well and we almost are gaining enough monthly revenue to divorce the SportsHoopla from Google permanently. Everytime you see one of those ads, click on it from time-to-time and if you order anything from Amazon, go through the banner that is at the bottom. If we jettison Google, the new people aren't so strict but I say since we cleaned up the site, leave it that way and if somebody has to see boobs and lady butts, go to the NSFW forum for crying out loud.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update. Apparently we cleaned up the site sufficiently to re-apply with Google but now the ad campaign that Hammer switched to is doing quite well and we almost are gaining enough monthly revenue to divorce the SportsHoopla from Google permanently. Everytime you see one of those ads, click on it from time-to-time and if you order anything from Amazon, go through the banner that is at the bottom. If we jettison Google, the new people aren't so strict but I say since we cleaned up the site, leave it that way and if somebody has to see boobs and lady butts, go to the NSFW forum for crying out loud.
10-4 Retro!! :suds: