• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone accepts now that the NFL = WWE, right?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how anyone could have watched the Chiefs-Ravens game and think that was scripted. That Mahomes to Kelce pass in the endzone? Jackson spinning away from Chenal, resetting in the pocket and launching deep for a TD? Flowers getting stripped at the 1 yard line?
Well placed flags or absence of flags is all it takes. Like the "hold" that beat the eagles last year.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say I am "triggered" per say but how many athletes have dated famous people and absoutely got no coverage like Swift is... Kelce and Mahomes are the golden boys for the NFL so perhaps that's why but do we really need to see tv showing Kelce and Swift kissing after a win. It's not like its a shock they kiss they are dating for crying out loud
Taylor swift, like it or not, is in a different category. She's adding interest from female audience

the fact that angry old men get upset, even better

I could care less about it myself, I've managed to tune it out

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor swift, like it or not, is in a different category. She's adding interest from female audience

yes and the league is a business so they need money...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I don't get it either of the extremes. Except for the occasional joke I'm pretty indifferent. If you're upset that they show her, ask yourself what you're missing out on. Some guy on the sidelines taping his leg? There's a lot of down time in football.

I also don't get why anyone who doesn't like football would watch hoping to see some singer. I like Ozzy Osbourne but I didn't watch his goofy tv show and I sure as hell wouldn't watch a soccer game even if I thought they were gonna show him in the crowd a few times. (unless there was a chance he would take a bite out of a bat or something-In that case I might be able to tolerate a few minutes of soccer)

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't. The camera time on here is like a minute a game. Do you complain on TV shots to Eminem during a Lions game?

This is one of the most delusional comparisons I have ever heard in my life. The NFL has focused on the Swift/Kelce marketing gimmick of a relationship 1,000x more than they ever did any other relationship any other players ever had. Go ask normies IRL to name any gf's or wives of any NFL players they recall ever being promoted other than Swift, and you'll hear mostly crickets. Everyone and their grandmother who last watched a football game 37 years ago has heard all about the Swift/Kelce bullchit, though.

Set your red tinteded glasses to the side and get back with reality. Lmao at comparing the NFL constantly panning to Swift, the commercials, etc. to them panning to Eminem at a Lions game once 15 years back or something.

The only reason you think the way you do about this one is because you're a Chiefs fan. Fans of any other team from around the league can at least admit that the NFL has a massive hard on for this entire Taylor Swift/Chiefs saga.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the four betting favorites to win the SB at the end of the year are in the Super Bowl! Proof that it is rigged.

I Want To Die The End GIF by SWR3

This might have had a little more weight to it if you would have had the nuts to tell us 3 months ago that this was the inevitable outcome.

I've been calling the Chiefs in the Superbowl all year long. I admit I originally figured it would be the Eagles against them this year.

I've been reading through this thread and lol'ing at how salty some of you got over this thread. It's fkn pro sports of millionaires that don't give a rat's ass about any of you, I assure you they don't give a chit about you guys coming to defend the sacred honor of the game they are paid elite money to play.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no script but I do believe the Chiefs get calls more than most teams in big games. Just like Brady used to. The NFL loves a dynasty and having a face of the league.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no script but I do believe the Chiefs get calls more than most teams in big games. Just like Brady used to. The NFL loves a dynasty and having a face of the league.

No one got as many calls as that cheater and his teams

Packers fans even got a brutal dose of it when he was on the bucs

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one got as many calls as that cheater and his teams

Packers fans even got a brutal dose of it when he was on the bucs
I think Mahomes is going that route. He's been getting so many calls that other QBs do not get.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mahomes is going that route. He's been getting so many calls that other QBs do not get.

I mean there’s an army of bad ones for Brady starting with him clearly finishing the tuck against the raiders and having 2 hands on the ball

The stuff at the end of each half vs the packers was particularly embarrassing though

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE is when the Ravens implode in the postseason and Mahomes is very good.
That's about right, and too Lamar Jackson returned to the Post Season Lamar Jackson we all have come accustomed to.

Sorry if it's too soon, but it no more an overstatement, than all of those overthrows he missed on yesterday!

Amiright?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think the NFL does it, but players or coaches who bet on the outcome or told to do so, if blackmail is involved. I remember a game when Jimmy Johnson was coaching the Phins and they were a 10 pt fav. They were up by 8 with like 40 second left, had the ball on the other teams 30 yard line. On 3rd down JJ calls a T/O and sends out the kicker for a FG. The kick is good and they win by 11 hmmmm. I don't think so much on the outcome, but on the point spread, like rat Henry Hill had going with a player on the BC player back in the day
You say this Sonny, and I think Josh Reynolds or Dan Campbell.

Both changed the outcome of the NFC game, and I think a lot of Cinderella money was on the Lions too.

On the AFC side, it's easy, Jackson was throwing the ball long all game, so I'd go there.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well placed flags or absence of flags is all it takes. Like the "hold" that beat the eagles last year.
I like the calls on 4th and 37 like hands to the face or defensive holding. Only a 5 yd penalty but 4 more downs. Very easy to change an outcome if the NFL wants to.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL isn’t staged, players just play .. BUT you do need to watch the refs closely, with all the gambling, one big call or 2 can effect the outcome of a game …
The one call I remember that was in question was what I thought was interference at the time. Then the TV folks put on the 'TV Ref' and he says the interference was clearly after the interception.

But as they were playing back the actual play, and as we all watch the interference come well before the call, the 'TV Ref' back tracks a bit saying something like 'Well, he was out of the play anyway'.

I just had to laugh I saw the photograph.

He was out to the play because he was pushed out of the play before the interception.

Y'all remember that endzone interception?

It was only a 7 point game in the end after all.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one call I remember that was in question was what I thought was interference at the time. Then the TV folks put on the 'TV Ref' and he says the interference was clearly after the interception.

But as they were playing back the actual play, and as we all watch the interference come well before the call, the 'TV Ref' back tracks a bit saying something like 'Well, he was out of the play anyway'.

I just had to laugh I saw the photograph.

He was out to the play because he was pushed out of the play before the interception.

Y'all remember that endzone interception?

It was only a 7 point game in the end after all.
I don’t remember that specific play, any videos of it ?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More bigots. More!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love how triggered some are getting by swifties, I'm all for it
For me it's not a case of getting triggered. Shit, I'd bang her every day of the week and twice on Sundays for all that it matters. Zero problems with Swift following her current squeeze. I'm just not a fan of 10-15 camera shots of her during the game. Or if that's the definition of being triggered, then for years I've been triggered with almost the same amount of shots of Jerrah during televised Cowboys games. Never understood the groupie fixations with showing these people multiple times during a game.