• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Even if you don't like FSU you have to have mad respect for this player!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State lineman raises over $10,000 to send young cancer patient to BCS Championship | For The Win

Florida State offensive lineman Michael Scheerhorn knows what it’s like to be affected by cancer.

His brother was diagnosed with brain cancer and it devastated Scheerhorn’s family. This is why he wants to send a child battling the horrific disease to the national championship game between Florida State and Auburn on Jan. 6 at the Rose Bowl. He has two personal tickets to the game, and he’s giving them away to a little girl and one of her parents. But he also wants to raise $5,000 for the family to have an all expenses paid trip.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for all the bad (that I have heard) about FSU, players stealing, scholarship infractions...etc.... This story is great and I really applaud this young man for his efforts!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this story has already been reported on this site. I just came home and it was on the news...

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what did he do with the money that was raised in excess of $5000?

I smell stripper club NCAA violations!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to the Children's Cancer Society

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why i respect FSU so much. from all the issue's that come out with ncaa violations and the winston allegations FSU gets a bad rep. but their program is as classy as it gets and stories like these are not rare. FSU honored a scholarship offer to a kid who suffered a career ending injury. even though bowden had his issue's with the NCAA at FSU his role in the marshall plane crash easily elevates him to classiest coach of all time.

i saw it first hand when syracuse played FSU this year. one of our players had a very serious injury and needed to be rushed to the hospital. the players, fans, & medical staff all handled that situation incredibly well during the incident. after the incident FSU sent personal to assist the family at the hospital to free up the syracuse team so they could fly home. the FSU coach even took the time to visit the kid in the hospital right after the game.