• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Evaluation of 2014 draft

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ouch. Still holding to the hope that Tomsula is going to work out?

I would ahve put some sort of emoticon, but I don't really like using them. You're pretty damn negative, Warty. With the exception of Ward, last year's draft looks quite good to date. Obviously much of that is projecting, but a lot of guys stepped up and played well this year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As for Tomsula, of course I'm holding out hope that he'll work out. I'm highly skeptical of the coaching staff decisions, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point. Groaning about it until we've seen the product on the field doesn't serve much purpose.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would ahve put some sort of emoticon, but I don't really like using them. You're pretty damn negative, Warty. With the exception of Ward, last year's draft looks quite good to date. Obviously much of that is projecting, but a lot of guys stepped up and played well this year.

1st round was a bust. That hurts.

2nd round was a RB that didn't justify the pick or the moves made to get him.

Borland is a stud. No denying that.

Everything else is a hope and a prayer, with most being misses or injury riddled question marks.

My negativism has everything to do with a lack of trust in this FO's ability to do anything, and that goes up to the silly ownership group (same garbage we've seen since Eddie D lost control). If proven otherwise, I'll admit I was harsh and wrong. But I don't see that in the future.

Sorry for any personal attacks. We've been talking 9ers for what seem like ever. I know you, me and deep go back to the Donahue era, and I'm not trying to be an ass. But I see the 9ers in a free fall downward spiral at the moment.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Tomsula, of course I'm holding out hope that he'll work out. I'm highly skeptical of the coaching staff decisions, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point. Groaning about it until we've seen the product on the field doesn't serve much purpose.

There is, actually. Rooting for this garbage helps a bad owner continue to make bad decisions, because it doesn't impact his wallet. I still see Redskins jerseys in Albuquerque NM, and they haven't been relevant since 1992.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1st round was a bust. That hurts.

2nd round was a RB that didn't justify the pick or the moves made to get him.

Borland is a stud. No denying that.

Everything else is a hope and a prayer, with most being misses or injury riddled question marks.

My negativism has everything to do with a lack of trust in this FO's ability to do anything, and that goes up to the silly ownership group (same garbage we've seen since Eddie D lost control). If proven otherwise, I'll admit I was harsh and wrong. But I don't see that in the future.

Sorry for any personal attacks. We've been talking 9ers for what seem like ever. I know you, me and deep go back to the Donahue era, and I'm not trying to be an ass. But I see the 9ers in a free fall downward spiral at the moment.

No one is a bust at this point. We'll see what happens two or three years down the road. But Hyde looked pretty good in admittedly limited action, Lynch and Johnson were both very pleasant surprises, and Ellington started to come on at the end of the year. Who can say one year in? But the team still has talent.

And no offense taken to anything you've said. I hope the same is true for you. I'm just chuckling at just how negative you've become of late. I can't blame you - the coaching search was a disaster as far as I'm concerned. But at this point it is what it is, and I'll give the guys a chance to fail before writing them off.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is a bust at this point. We'll see what happens two or three years down the road. But Hyde looked pretty good in admittedly limited action, Lynch and Johnson were both very pleasant surprises, and Ellington started to come on at the end of the year. Who can say one year in? But the team still has talent.

And no offense taken to anything you've said. I hope the same is true for you. I'm just chuckling at just how negative you've become of late. I can't blame you - the coaching search was a disaster as far as I'm concerned. But at this point it is what it is, and I'll give the guys a chance to fail before writing them off.

Nope. None taken.

I know these boards are not the same as a group of guys bullshitting in a bar. You can't read nuance on these things.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I know you're a fan, but this is runaway homerism. I'd give this class a C at the moment, and only because of Borland. Take him out, and this is a borderline F draft class.

What more do you want from a Class, Found a pro bowl type LB, starting RB, Sack machine OLB, Nice #2 CB, found a starting center and stashed away a starting Guard. If our 1st rd pick can have a better year next year at the slot, this is 100% A+ class. lets not also forget maybe a productive WR in Ellington. I couldn't ask for more from a draft class.

Take off the hater glasses.

Right now its a A- class but if ward turns it around this year I will bump it to a A+

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What more do you want from a Class, Found a pro bowl type LB, starting RB, Sack machine OLB, Nice #2 CB, found a starting center and stashed away a starting Guard. If our 1st rd pick can have a better year next year at the slot, this is 100% A+ class. lets not also forget maybe a productive WR in Ellington. I couldn't ask for more from a draft class.

Take off the hater glasses.

Right now its a A- class but if ward turns it around this year I will bump it to a A+

I'm not sure any draft class can be in the "A" range if you miss on your first-round pick. I'm not at all prepared to say they missed on Ward. Frankly, I think he gets a really bad rap because of the Bears game and one or two other conspicuous TDs, but there were a few games in there where he was all but invisible - in a good way. That said, he certainly hasn't shown that he's a good starting-caliber player yet, which is what I expect of him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't take those out. That's part of his game. If you take out his designed runs, you have to add in his "I-can't-believe-he-just-took-that" sacks.

Yes you can take those out in the context of whether this is a run first or pass first team. If CK goes back to pass and then runs, that was an intended pass play. Taking out his scrambles shows how many pass plays were called versus run plays when discussing run vs pass oriented offense.