• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's Roundtable VT

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wouldn't surprise me if Clemson knew what plays we were going to run and the coaches didn't pick up on it. The offensive coaches are so flippin clueless. Meanwhile on defense Foster had to blitz to get pressure and when they did Boyd found his emergency receiver more often than not. Boyd like all QBs is effected by pressure and in Clemson's losing streak getting pressure on him was the commonality. If VT has to blitz to get pressure again this year then we will lose again, no matter what we do on offense

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wouldn't surprise me if Clemson knew what plays we were going to run and the coaches didn't pick up on it. The offensive coaches are so flippin clueless. Meanwhile on defense Foster had to blitz to get pressure and when they did Boyd found his emergency receiver more often than not. Boyd like all QBs is effected by pressure and in Clemson's losing streak getting pressure on him was the commonality. If VT has to blitz to get pressure again this year then we will lose again, no matter what we do on offense
there are plenty out there that still think that clemson had a handle on our signals .. i don't know .. for whatever reason, they had our offense's number in a big way

as far as clemson offense goes, their o-line may be their only weak spot .. if our d-line can stay healthy, we should be able to get pressure on boyd without blitzing all the time .. and i agree -- giving him all day makes for a bad day for us. considering clemson's offense last season though and our key injuries on defense (namely jayron being out), we pretty much held them in check though

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT had no one that could block Andre Branch. Thank God he's gone.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VT maybe had more trouble with him because he was going up against our weak side (left) but I still say Clemson knew what was coming

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson spent three weeks preparing for our offense in the ACCCG. That's why they lost the games leading up to us and proceeded to shut us down. Same excuse can't be said for the first game against them. Only explanation for that is our offense hadn't hit its stride yet.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that game would have been considerably different if Hosley didn't go down

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief man, How? We could not move the ball on offense

It was tied at half. There was really only about a 6 minute window where the game went to shit

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And the first 3 possessions of the 2nd half were three and outs. We had no chance and the blame goes on both sides of the ball

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And the first 3 possessions of the 2nd half were three and outs. We had no chance and the blame goes on both sides of the ball

I thought you were being confined to one thread.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That means nothing. If there is one thing we all know about VT football is that our defense wins us more games than our offense. Our best offense has been our D giving us points or setting up short fields ever since Steinspring took over. There are maybe 4 or 5 games I can think of in the last 6 or 7 YEARS that we won when the defense had a genuinely bad game.

Obviously there is blame on both sides of the ball, but I wouldn't have counted us out at all in that game the way our D was playing prior to Hosley going out - regardless of three whole 3 and outs.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sometime in the first half there was a 1st and goal or at least inside the 15 and Brooks gets blown back about 3 yards on a Wilson run AND holds Thompson for a 10 yard penalty. We eventually got a FG...I think...or maybe no points. But it was typical of the O-line play for the night. The O-line didn't give us a chance and the D was not going to score soo...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought you were being confined to one thread.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

I cannot deal with deluded people and their nonsensical statements. I mean there is a positive attitude and then there is delusion bordering on insanity

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot deal with deluded people and their nonsensical statements. I mean there is a positive attitude and then there is delusion bordering on insanity

Delusion bordering on insanity? Who are you talking to? I said a game would have been 'considerably different' if arguably our best defensive player (who had shut down their best offensive player in the previous meeting) hadn't have gotten hurt. A game that was tied at half with us getting the ball even after he was hurt.

HOLY SHIT, CALL ME CRAZY.

I have never been a fan of our O-line play, but fumbling the opening kick of the 2nd half on our 15 wasn't the O-lines fault

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Delusion bordering on insanity? Who are you talking to? I said a game would have been 'considerably different' if arguably our best defensive player (who had shut down their best offensive player in the previous meeting) hadn't have gotten hurt. A game that was tied at half with us getting the ball even after he was hurt.

HOLY SHIT, CALL ME CRAZY.

I have never been a fan of our O-line play, but fumbling the opening kick of the 2nd half on our 15 wasn't the O-lines fault

I don't remember a fumble on a kickoff in the Clemson game so you're probably thinking about the Michigan game. But I checked and it wasn't a 1st and 10 it was a 3 and 8 on the Clemson 14 right before the half. Most teams wouldn't run it in that situation but this is VT we're talking about it. Point is the offense failed miserably as they did for pretty much the whole game. I don't see how Hosley being there for the entire game would've helped much when the offense couldn't do anything. But ok how about 28-13 Clemson

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember a fumble on a kickoff in the Clemson game so you're probably thinking about the Michigan game. But I checked and it wasn't a 1st and 10 it was a 3 and 8 on the Clemson 14 right before the half. Most teams wouldn't run it in that situation but this is VT we're talking about it. Point is the offense failed miserably as they did for pretty much the whole game. I don't see how Hosley being there for the entire game would've helped much when the offense couldn't do anything. But ok how about 28-13 Clemson

Yeah, my bad, I think LT's fumble at the beginning of the game and the fumble in the Sugar bowl faded together. I was overly intoxicated for both. Either way, I didn't say we would win, nor did I say we deserved to win. I definitely think we were outplayed on both sides of the ball. I do however, think the game took a major turn when Hosley came out and Bonner started getting torched.