• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's Roundtable VT

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he's a top 3 QB, VT will have had an awesome year offensively. Certainly the ESPN roundtable didn't have that level of confidence.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If he's a top 3 QB, VT will have had an awesome year offensively. Certainly the ESPN roundtable didn't have that level of confidence.

but that is the context that we were speaking in.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Lot's of quarterbacks stay for their Senior year.

See Andrew Luck. I'm hoping Thomas stays that extra year as well.

Andrew Luck didnt stay for his senior year...

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and talking about Cinci and Pitt being games we should worry about. Really?!

I'm a little worried about the Pitt game, just because it's the first true road game of the year. Those can be tricky. Kinda like eeking past ECU this past year 17-10.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrew Luck didnt stay for his senior year...

That's funny, since I could have sworn he stayed an extra year after he was predicted to go #1 in the NFL draft, in order to graduate.

And then he went #1 the following year.

Where you might be getting confused is with the term "redshirt junior", which is actually a Senior academically.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's funny, since I could have sworn he stayed an extra year after he was predicted to go #1 in the NFL draft, in order to graduate.

And then he went #1 the following year.

I suppose if you can graduate in your Junior year, have played at starting Quarterback for three years, and can go #1 in the NFL draft, you shouldn't stay for your senior year.

He was predicted #1 as a RS soph came back for his RSjr year.

he redshirted.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah Luck did stay for his senior year. He was projected to go #1 overall as a junior but came back which surprised the hell out of me. Probably a Harbaugh sell job about winning the national championship or something. It's about the only reason I have hope for Logan staying another year. That and the O-line stinking it up really bad

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whoops just checked and he was actually a redshirt JR in 2011. So he was projected #1 overall as a redshirt sophomore. That's nuts. But the point is that he turned down the #1 overall pick. We're talking about Logan having to turn down only a 1st Round pick which is definitely a possibility. It will also depend on how Logan views the O-line and WR situation for 2013. Right now it looks like it might be worse than 2012

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's put it this way, if Va Tech wins a BCS bowl next year, we might be in the position to have this discussion.

That would be a nice concern to have.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Whoops just checked and he was actually a redshirt JR in 2011. So he was projected #1 overall as a redshirt sophomore. That's nuts. But the point is that he turned down the #1 overall pick. We're talking about Logan having to turn down only a 1st Round pick which is definitely a possibility. It will also depend on how Logan views the O-line and WR situation for 2013. Right now it looks like it might be worse than 2012

Im not that worried about WR because I think Caleb and Knowles will be players and i'd say one (if not 2) of smiling, asante,reeves, will be in the rotation. Then you've got guys like joshua stanford, Irick, from last year, david prince and maybe one or two more from this class.

Our OL depth is scary (not in a good way) for '13 and '14. The development of Goins and Shuman are HUGE going forward.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy getting ESPN fellaitio in the preseason. Herbstreit's little giddy preview of FSU @ us was the money shot.

So when are they doing this for UVA?

What? Oh, top 20. My bad, didn't see that at first glance.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... It will also depend on how Logan views the O-line and WR situation for 2013. Right now it looks like it might be worse than 2012
^^ THIS -- Regardless of who is coming in, our 3-deep at WR are the only proven WRs on our roster. We also lose Corey Fuller, who many project to be the #4 this upcoming season ..

And our offensive line depth after this season looks dismal. Unless we have SEVERAL EARLY contributors, we may in a little trouble there.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No surprise .. Analysts seem to have much more wood for Clemson but they make good points .. Their offense should be sick but with our D-line does match up well against their O-line and we'll have the secondary to match up better next season I think .. Seems like CBF is already planning better to defend the spread.

Top 20 Roundtable - Clemson - ESPN Video - ESPN

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise .. Analysts seem to have much more wood for Clemson but they make good points .. Their offense should be sick but with our D-line does match up well against their O-line and we'll have the secondary to match up better next season I think .. Seems like CBF is already planning better to defend the spread.

I'm not so sure on this one. I love our starters in the secondary, but with all of Clemson's weapons at receiver do we have the horses in the secondary to stay with them for four quarters? I think the DL is going to need to have a big day getting to Boyd early and often at Clemson. Either that or a few new CBs need to emerge. It would be great if Cole or Aromire could step up so Jarrett can play Nickel or CB if needed.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was that Dabo I saw beneath the ESPN Roundtable?
:bj:

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

In the ACC title game, the D help up well against Clemson until Jayron went out and then Boyd went nuts and torched Bonner and Jarrett. Hosley won't be there, but last year also had Fuller playing at Whip. Hopefully with him at CB and the rest of the secondary a year older they don't get shredded again.

Big problem in both games last year was VT's offense had all kinds of trouble moving the ball.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the ACC title game, the D help up well against Clemson until Jayron went out and then Boyd went nuts and torched Bonner and Jarrett. Hosley won't be there, but last year also had Fuller playing at Whip. Hopefully with him at CB and the rest of the secondary a year older they don't get shredded again.

Big problem in both games last year was VT's offense had all kinds of trouble moving the ball.

^^^^
THIS. It seemed as if Clemson had the VT offensive playbook. Everywhere the Hokies went, Clemson was there first. They need a few offensive plays that nobody has seen, for situations where the other team seems to know more about the play calling than the Va Tech players.