• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPNs Power Rankings are pathetic

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Rankings - ESPN

How are the Brewers not #1? And how does the Braves sweep the gNats and fall 3 spots and end up 1 spot BELOW the gNats? :L

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Rankings - ESPN

How are the Brewers not #1? And how does the Braves sweep the gNats and fall 3 spots and end up 1 spot BELOW the gNats? :L

This is the guy who determines the rankings;

1240325433_old-dude-bong-smoking.gif

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Rankings - ESPN

I was wondering the same thing. Don't know how you can put the Nats in front of the Braves so far.

I'm sure they will tell you what they always say: If you want to see a table of the best teams, look at the standings. This is the power rankings, not the standings!

But this early in the season, I don't see how you can really separate the two, unless a really bad team like the Marlins or Astros went on a little winning streak.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPNs rankings have always been pathetic, no matter what sport.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They choose their favorite teams and then base their reasoning around that and then to create controversy they admit that said other team should be number 1 but provide a belligerently ridiculous reason as to why they are not number 1. Then from pricks 15 on they just pick teams out of a hat and make up even dumber reasons. It's quite humorous actually. I read it for entertainment and a good laugh now.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's favorite teams are the yanks and the red sox

it's not even close

the espn broadcasts of those two teams are sycophantic, no matter how bad the teams are playing

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cezero I'll agree with that. Outside of those teams the only other teams that exist are the Cards and Dodgers and sometimes but rarely the Cubs. I don't watch ESPN anymore I just stick with the MLB network they are a tad bit better. They give a lot more time to smaller market teams and that's what I prefer. As a fan of the Yankees and Baseball, I want to know what's going on outside of my team. I need to know what players the Yankee's will be purchasing next after all ;)

Seattle did exist on ESPN for about a minute when they signed Cano! So you should be happy for that!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cezero I'll agree with that. Outside of those teams the only other teams that exist are the Cards and Dodgers and sometimes but rarely the Cubs. I don't watch ESPN anymore I just stick with the MLB network they are a tad bit better. They give a lot more time to smaller market teams and that's what I prefer. As a fan of the Yankees and Baseball, I want to know what's going on outside of my team. I need to know what players the Yankee's will be purchasing next after all ;)

Seattle did exist on ESPN for about a minute when they signed Cano! So you should be happy for that!

it's so ridiculous.

can't wait until cano hits his first slump. ny media will be all over it, and yeah, espn might talk about the m's then!

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's not even close

the espn broadcasts of those two teams are sycophantic, no matter how bad the teams are playing

Gee...maybe it has to be with fanbase and city size? Cmon...it's not a conspiracy. These are gigantic markets. I guess they should be chasing down the 2 Rays and Marlins fans with their coverage!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee...maybe it has to be with fanbase and city size? Cmon...it's not a conspiracy. These are gigantic markets. I guess they should be chasing down the 2 Rays and Marlins fans with their coverage!

then change the title from baseball tonight to big market teams tonight.

anyhoo, i don't really care what espn shows since i haven't watched it (for baseball) in half a decade. i'm just stating facts about who their favorites are and you are right about why they cover them almost exclusively. no argument from me.

mlb network focuses heaviest on the big market teams, but at least they acknowledge the existence of the other teams. it's great for actual baseball fans.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Brewer starting pitching coming together at the beginning of the year...NL Central beware. THAT team and management did it right this offseason. Hope their health holds out all year for them. I am definitely pulling for that club besides me Pyrats.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anyhoo, i don't really care what espn shows since i haven't watched it (for baseball) in half a decade. i'm just stating facts about who their favorites are and you are right about why they cover them almost exclusively. no argument from me.

mlb network focuses heaviest on the big market teams, but at least they acknowledge the existence of the other teams. it's great for actual baseball fans.

Or do what I do. I ignore their fucking broadcasts & their fucking homeristic broadcasters. ESPN has been a joke for years. And it doesn't matter what sport it is either.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same thing. Don't know how you can put the Nats in front of the Braves so far.

I'm sure they will tell you what they always say: If you want to see a table of the best teams, look at the standings. This is the power rankings, not the standings!

But this early in the season, I don't see how you can really separate the two, unless a really bad team like the Marlins or Astros went on a little winning streak.

how about the Dodgers at #1. They are a pedestrian .500 vs everyone but the Dbacks who are the worst team in baseball right now according ESPN's own rankings. yet, because they are 5-0 against said worst team, they are first in power rankings? :L

not that anyone should ever take anything seriously that comes from ESPN

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals, Red Sox and Yankees are always going to have a +10 bonus on ESPN.

Their rankings are no better or more absurd than mine or yours.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, aren't all "power rankings" done two weeks into the season a joke?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, aren't all "power rankings" done two weeks into the season a joke?

Yes, but some of them are more of a joke than others. This one looks like they used the proven old method of darts and dartboard.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's not even close

it's so ridiculous.

can't wait until cano hits his first slump. ny media will be all over it, and yeah, espn might talk about the m's then!

Or do what I do. I ignore their fucking broadcasts & their fucking homeristic broadcasters. ESPN has been a joke for years. And it doesn't matter what sport it is either.

How did a discussion about TV ratings get into a thread about power rankings?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did a discussion about TV ratings get into a thread about power rankings?

espn is a tv network that caters, almost exclusively, to a few teams

espn does a power ranking for all teams

rational beings can juxtapose these two facts, and generate inferences

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's adorable how there are still people who get their jimmies rustled over the ESPN power rankings.

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped paying any attention to power rankings years ago, but sometimes they are good for a laugh. This one is a perfect example.

Dodgers at #1...from ESPN: "L.A. is now 5-0 against Arizona and 4-4 against any other team".

In other words: L.A. is 5-0 against the current worst team in baseball, who also happens to be at the very bottom of our Power Rankings. However, they are playing .500 ball against other teams, so we will put them at #1.

LOL. Sometimes I think ESPN hires trolls to do their power rankings.