• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN names Garrett as 3rd worst coach in NFL

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry liked a 3rd team QB that I can still throw a ball further than. Hell Jerry liked Quincy a lot too. I have never seen an NFL player with less talent that lasted as long or longer than him , not counting Kickers or Punters.

Im talking about JG when talking about talent

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

He was actively undermining his bosses because Jerry liked him from his playing days. He more or less engineered getting this job......and now we're seeing that he's not very good at it.

Have you really not put 2+2 together yet?

LOL....and you say it with such authority too.
Preach on brother....UT fans know bad coaching and underachieving players as well as any football fan.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me 10 you would really rather have. Belicheck, Tomlinson, harbaughs , McCarthy , lovie, Payton . Who else would you rather have that's coaching right now. Kelly? Lewis maybe?

Fisher, Coughlin, Zimmer, Ryan, Reid, Smith, Carroll, Fox, Trestman, Whisenhunt, Caldwell, Pagano, Arians and the guys you listed. Red comes in around 23 just on current HC's

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher, Coughlin, Zimmer, Ryan, Reid, Smith, Carroll, Fox, Trestman, Whisenhunt, Caldwell, Pagano, Arians and the guys you listed. Red comes in around 23 just on current HC's

let's get Switzer off the couch again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

He was actively undermining his bosses because Jerry liked him from his playing days. He more or less engineered getting this job......and now we're seeing that he's not very good at it.

Have you really not put 2+2 together yet?

Weren't you the one that said Garrett purposely made this team lose games so that he could get the HC job?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...At least he and Jerry could have a pow wow about how great things are no matter how bad they are...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett probably should have been fired after last year. But, if the D falters due to lack of talent this year and Romo isn't healthy enough to put up the great numbers we think he may have to, I don't think you can fire him this year unless the team just completely falls apart. One thing I don't think you can deny is this team is moving in a better direction even if it takes a dip before we get there. But, when it gets turned around will we have a QB to lead us is a big concern.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From reading all of these posts, it's fairly easy to come to the conclusion that SWitzer is one of the top 25 coaches of all time.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something has been done behind the scenes, isn't this Garrett's last year on his contract? If Jerry really does love him as much as he has professed over the past few years, you'd think his contract would have been extended.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett probably should have been fired after last year. But, if the D falters due to lack of talent this year and Romo isn't healthy enough to put up the great numbers we think he may have to, I don't think you can fire him this year unless the team just completely falls apart. One thing I don't think you can deny is this team is moving in a better direction even if it takes a dip before we get there. But, when it gets turned around will we have a QB to lead us is a big concern.

Romo said he had 4 or 5 good seasons left at least :yahoo:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least two SBs? How many coaches in history have won 3 or more SBS?

I didn't do bad. I missed on Shula. I knew Noll and Belicheck. I was about 75 percent sure on GIbbs, about 47.6. Percent on Walsh. With that being said I was 81.3 percent on Shula.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't do bad. I missed on Shula. I knew Noll and Belicheck. I was about 75 percent sure on GIbbs, about 47.6. Percent on Walsh. With that being said I was 81.3 percent on Shula.

I think you missed my point, it wasn't a trivia question: Predicting any coach that currently is not with a team (you said Garrett would do this with a different team) to win 2 or more SBs as a HC is not something I personally would bet on.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....and you say it with such authority too.
Preach on brother....UT fans know bad coaching and underachieving players as well as any football fan.

Unfortunately you are correct there.......I haven't seen enough from Garrett to believe he's a quality coach. I've seen little to no improvement anywhere on the field in years of him coaching.

WHAT is his calling card as a coach? Offense? Defense? STs? WHAT does he bring to the team that makes them better? Discipline?

WHAT does a Garrett coached team do better than a non-Garrett coached team?

These are the types of questions you should be asking yourselves about him as a coach. What I see is an undisciplined, mistake prone, poor blocking, poor scheme, very predictable team on the field every week.

I will never understand what those that support Garrett see......because his negatives are sooooo much greater than his positives, if there are any at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately you are correct there.......I haven't seen enough from Garrett to believe he's a quality coach. I've seen little to no improvement anywhere on the field in years of him coaching.

WHAT is his calling card as a coach? Offense? Defense? STs? WHAT does he bring to the team that makes them better? Discipline?

These are the types of questions you should be asking yourselves about him as a coach. What I see is an undisciplined, mistake prone, poor blocking, poor scheme, very predictable team on the field every week.

I will never understand what those that support Garrett see......because his negatives are sooooo much greater than his positives, if there are any at all.

I think on game day he needs a lot of improvement with regards to time management, adjustments and play calling philosophy. I don't criticize for a particular play or two because it's about execution, but when a guy continues to do the same thing over and over, I think it is more than fair to question. I've always said I'll take Garrett over 90% of the coaches 6 days out of the week. Unfortunately it's the most important day he needs to improve on. I still think he and Romo go into panic mode at crunch time. They talk about how they want to do certain things, like run the ball more. But when the lights are brightest they seem to act as if every play is the most important and lose sight of the big picture. The guy that has so much patience at all other times seems to lose that patience (In my opinion only of course).

That being said, we do not have an incredibly talented team. So we must expect the other professionals to succeed and come out ahead from time to time. So I can't judge Garrett solely on wins and losses when most Cowboy fans and many other NFL fans seem to think we have no shot to be anything other than the worst defense the NFL has ever seen. Obviously I don't feel that is a guarantee, but I do know the talent on that side of the ball is lacking and has been for a while, so I need to take that into account when grading the HC. But, I do think it is wrong to continue to punish every other coach and allow Garrrett to continue on. How many DCs and OCs have we had in the past few years?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said many times opinions will vary. Hard to say I support Garrett and all he's been in Dallas as a coach. I just don't see this extreme worthlessness you've posted and I also got a kick at your position that anyone that didn't see what you see is I guess....football clueless. Extreme being the key word here but that's just my opinion.

Garrett? as compared to Bum's Boy? As compared to what coach in his right mind would take this gig in Dallas? Shoot......I wanted Chris Petersen right after Boise shocked Oklahoma. Said right then that jerry's only chance is to get lucky again (like jimmy) and land a college super coach with aspirations of NFL head coach. Parcells was to old to fight that inner jerry. No self respecting NFL proven head coach would take this job............IMO

what does that leave??? The best possible "yes" man with a consistent strong message about accountability to team, maximum effort, and preparation day after day throughout the season. Pride and effort can not be assumed with NFL players today. Matter of fact....it's in short supply. A NFL head coach can do just so much. Mostly the job involves setting the tone with assistant coaches, who carrying that tone out in every detail with regards to every aspect of team. After Bum's Kid.....Garrett gets a solid letter grade here.......IMO, the Dallas coaching STAFF has been lacking. Do you think Jason has control on who he hire's? Hasn't looked that way to me. One or two hardly qualifies has having control.

Garrett is on the coaching hot seat coming into the season....no question and it should be that way
This defense is coming off the 3rd worst defensive performance in the history of football. They can stand in line for miles and tell us how much Garrett and his defensive team is going to suck.

I just have to see it play out and I never assume anything NFL.

I guess I'm just not getting it

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed my point, it wasn't a trivia question: Predicting any coach that currently is not with a team (you said Garrett would do this with a different team) to win 2 or more SBs as a HC is not something I personally would bet on.

Man there is a lot of things I wouldn't bet on. After Cleveland, would u have bet on BElicheck. I know that's an easy one to bring up but truth is truth. Of the ones that have won 3 or more, take a look at their records after 56 games. Gibbs is the only successful one. I know it's a new day and age. People that are highly intelligent with extreme determination usually succeed. Let him get his wings and fly away from this circus. Unfortunately for him to be fired we have to fail and I don't want that. As poorly as our players are rated and our coach is as well, those games mean something week 17. He has had some pretty bad luck in those games. Luck shouldn't matter, but with the talent level we are said to have either he or ROmo must be really damn good. As Parcells once said, let him buy the groceries if he is suppose to cook the dinner

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading all of these posts, it's fairly easy to come to the conclusion that SWitzer is one of the top 25 coaches of all time.

In college, no doubt. A talking gerbil could have guided Jimmy's Cowboys to a Title

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe to airport security.