• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN league I am thinking of trading Cueto

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it collusion? He said he did not stand a chance. I just said I would adjust the offer if it got vetoed. I gave nothing up anyways. I got Hamels in another deal to replace Shields. I wasn't keeping Shields anyways over Cole and Walker. Rios is better than Choo in steals, doubles, runs, RBIs. The only thing he isnt better in is homeruns but I have power already. I have not been losing in the homerun stats. You can say its a bad deal for me but I screwed up with the Stanton trade and had to make up for it. Choo is overrated to me, he took games off last year with the reds and he's hot and cold with the rangers. He is no top 20 OF. Rios used to be the top batter for the white sox. I have 10 pitchers and one on DL I am swinging for the fences I can't take back the Stanton trade. That deal hurt me because I have not got immediate results and Vogelsong blew it. That ruined any chance I had at closing the gap, which could have been closed if I was able to have Kershaw or Felix to go with Cueto and Shields. But now that I have am back 10 more games I have to go with the numbers, and when you can't always count on shutouts and the opponent having blown saves, 10 is better than 5. I still have strong pitching after picking up Walker, Odorrizzi, Quintana, and Degrom in the last week. Its not like I lost anything there but a few more Ks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it collusion? He said he did not stand a chance. I just said I would adjust the offer if it got vetoed. I gave nothing up anyways. I got Hamels in another deal to replace Shields. I wasn't keeping Shields anyways over Cole and Walker. Rios is better than Choo in steals, doubles, runs, RBIs. The only thing he isnt better in is homeruns but I have power already. I have not been losing in the homerun stats. You can say its a bad deal for me but I screwed up with the Stanton trade and had to make up for it. Choo is overrated to me, he took games off last year with the reds and he's hot and cold with the rangers. He is no top 20 OF. Rios used to be the top batter for the white sox. I have 10 pitchers and one on DL I am swinging for the fences I can't take back the Stanton trade. That deal hurt me because I have not got immediate results and Vogelsong blew it. That ruined any chance I had at closing the gap, which could have been closed if I was able to have Kershaw or Felix to go with Cueto and Shields. But now that I have am back 10 more games I have to go with the numbers, and when you can't always count on shutouts and the opponent having blown saves, 10 is better than 5. I still have strong pitching after picking up Walker, Odorrizzi, Quintana, and Degrom in the last week. Its not like I lost anything there but a few more Ks.

If he is trading without the intention of trying to improve his team, then you are colluding. It does not sound to me like he cares about improving his team, but he is willing to help yours.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy hardly knows me and to be honest, he did need pitching help. If he doesnt want to compete that's on him. He accepted that offer before he told me that he has no chance.

And I only offered that Choo package to two people and one of them accepted. The other countered. I could have offered to further owners who are contending and trading Cueto is still a possibility. Two days in I am actually leading in the pitching stats except for ERA, Hamels had a good game. I am trailing in hits, triples(1-0), RBIs, GWRBIs, and BA. So the hitters I acquired haven't impacted yet. But this guy has been inactive for weeks now so I hope those turn around.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I a not saying you did anything wrong, especially since the trade is not lopsided in your favor, but be careful here.

It does not matter if you know the guy or not. I always get very suspicious when I see a owner who has not been active for weeks log on just to accept a trade and then go back to being inactive. If he is not participating in the day to day, then he should not be trading.

There is only 1 acceptable reason to trade, and that is to try and make your team better. It does not seem like the other guy really cares about that, so he should not be allowed to trade.