• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Fantasy Baseball

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know how long ESPN's fantasy baseball site goes down for maintenance? They're site is currently down and I was wondering how long it would be down. Thanks!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect too long. Not sure if there is a universal answer.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been down since around 6pm last night... Happens every year before they start to open the season. They always tweek something. I'd say by the end of the week it should be up.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if anyone is looking to join a league I have a few open spots in a free H2H points keeper league. Very competitive and lots of shit talk preferred. No jabroni's! :heh:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think about the number of hitting spots? A few years back, Yahoo's default settings were changed from 9 starting spots to 10 spots (2 DH's). That drove me nuts. It watered down each individual's contribution and made me want to go SP early and often because they'd be WAY more impactful. The only danger is being undercut by ERA and WHIP by someone who only pitches minimum innings and uses mostly shut down RP and setup men to fill their min. innings, especially in H2H leagues.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think about the number of hitting spots? A few years back, Yahoo's default settings were changed from 9 starting spots to 10 spots (2 DH's). That drove me nuts. It watered down each individual's contribution and made me want to go SP early and often because they'd be WAY more impactful. The only danger is being undercut by ERA and WHIP by someone who only pitches minimum innings and uses mostly shut down RP and setup men to fill their min. innings, especially in H2H leagues.

I don't really care about the size of starting roster as long as it is the same for everyone else in the league... I don't really see your point that it waters individual contribution... sure, mathematically it does... but the extra offensive starter also makes the league deeper and makes it harder to roster a top lineup... You say, you would now go pitcher heavy, I am sure by doing that your offense would be well below league average...

But of course it all depends on the type of league you are in... whether it is ROTO, H2H points, H2H categories...

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about the size of starting roster as long as it is the same for everyone else in the league... I don't really see your point that it waters individual contribution... sure, mathematically it does... but the extra offensive starter also makes the league deeper and makes it harder to roster a top lineup... You say, you would now go pitcher heavy, I am sure by doing that your offense would be well below league average...

But of course it all depends on the type of league you are in... whether it is ROTO, H2H points, H2H categories...

If your league has an even amount of points potentially awarded to hitting and pitching, you now have 10 spots instead of 9 trying to get 50% of your points. For SP's, they make so many fewer appearances than hitters, all while trying to accumulate the same amount of points your 10 hitters are potentially responsible for.

A great pitching performance for the week (2-0, 0.5 ERA, 0.5 WHIP, 18 K's) is going to be more impactful than a great week of hitting because of all the hitters that are starting. On top of that, I also think it's just much harder to find great pitching performances than hitting performances. A lot of MLB hitters can hit 2-3 HR's in a week. And RBI's and Runs are as much a product of the team play. Hitting averages are accumulated by everyone, whether high or low, every time they go to bat. So, a high average isn't that impactful in the grand scheme of things.(And useful hitters, especially OF's, grow on trees)

I haven't played in 2 seasons, though. Quit. Too addicting. Might start up again with my standard 5x5, 9 hitter league. :(

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OPEN now