• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Decker skips OTA's... on Behalf of Ryan Fitzpatrick

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I say this is HOU has the premier edge DL in the game, Hopkins is top 10 at worst...Shorts is a good complimentary WR...solid young RB, it's really on Osweiler...if he just makes the routine play consistently they should be in the playoffs....but for them to really go anywhere...he needs to be good in the RZ.

Well we will have to see on the Red Zone. That honestly was probably his biggest issue with the Broncos. He did not do well when the windows got tighter. Cost us the Raiders game where he missed on about 3 throws to wide open guys in the end zone when down by the goal line. Complete one of those and we win that game.

I do think they have done a great job of surrounding him with weapons. I will say though because of all that is devoted to the offensive side of the ball because of the big contracts I can see their defense taking a big step back over the next couple of years. Watt can only do so much by himself.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will have to see on the Red Zone. That honestly was probably his biggest issue with the Broncos. He did not do well when the windows got tighter. Cost us the Raiders game where he missed on about 3 throws to wide open guys in the end zone when down by the goal line. Complete one of those and we win that game.

I do think they have done a great job of surrounding him with weapons. I will say though because of all that is devoted to the offensive side of the ball because of the big contracts I can see their defense taking a big step back over the next couple of years. Watt can only do so much by himself.

Typical of young QBs...you could kinda live with it in DEN as a cap hit bargain player just getting his 1st meaning snaps as the starter. In HOU...he's the man, or at least he's being paid like it...better grow up quick.

DEF...not a bad unit overall LY...admittedly, it's now or never with Clowney...I've made the excuse that he's being played out of position as a 3-4 OLB, but now 3 yrs in, I can't even use that anymore. He has to produce or I can't see them absorbing his option next yr. They drafted a young CB...Kevin Johnson, time for him to be a player they can count on...they also drafted another DE that they need to develop.

There is a lot of talk about JAX and what moves they've made, but HOU has a good chance to be a good team next yr....if Os plays well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets didn't want to pay Fitz even close to starting QB money than they should have brought in Chase Daniel. Offering Chase Daniel money to Fitzpatrick is insulting. The Jets have no idea what they're doing at QB and that's why they find themselves in this mess with three shitty QB prospects and no starter, on an otherwise decent team.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets didn't want to pay Fitz even close to starting QB money than they should have brought in Chase Daniel. Offering Chase Daniel money to Fitzpatrick is insulting. The Jets have no idea what they're doing at QB and that's why they find themselves in this mess with three shitty QB prospects and no starter, on an otherwise decent team.

Yeah the issue is they are stuck paying Fitz after an outlier season. He's had a career year, still really inconsistent, but a lot more ups than downs this past year. So do you pay a 34 year old QB for that... or do you pay him based on his previous 10 years in the league where he was average to below average? Do you give up multiple years of guaranteed starter money for an older player with more known limitations to his game, who didn't put together a wow year nearly as good as Nick Foles who comes with a lot more of a meh history to his game?

Because it would not surprise me AT ALL that he isn't the QB coming out of their bye week in 2016. Remember when he last got paid real starter money. Buffalo had him coming off a good year showing promise, and he followed it up the following year to that point where they signed him to that big deal. Up to that point of the season when he signed it, 98 QB rating that year, 5-2 record. Then a 66 QB rating the rest of the way with a 1-8 finish after...

There's a reason all the other teams with QB needs this off-season looked elsewhere. I think NY kind of boxed themselves in by thinking Fitz would sign a more realistic deal by now, and are now left without the other good options.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a team to stay away from in fantasy it's this one.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with Geno. They better be handing it off to Forte.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with Geno. They better be handing it off to Forte.

At the time I posted I was under the impression that Fitz was coming back. I now see that was jumping the gun.

With Geno, I still see some potential in Chan Gailey and the offense, but yeah a lot lot more risk.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Fitz is back he's gonna be a bit out of rhythm. Brees held out most of 2012 offseason and he was throwing 2+ints per game the first few weeks.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Fitz finally figured out to stop yelling at people for not believing in him.