• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enjoy the best set of 49ers linebackers of all time

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Linebackers. We are a massive, run-stuffing Nose tackle and a shut down Corner from being the league's best defense.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Linebackers. We are a massive, run-stuffing Nose tackle and a shut down Corner from being the league's best defense.

We really don't need a true shut down corner with our ridiculously good LB's. But I do agree, with a nasty NT this defense would be unreal. Hopefully we can come out of the 2014 draft with Daniel McCullers as our new NT.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really don't need a true shut down corner with our ridiculously good LB's. But I do agree, with a nasty NT this defense would be unreal. Hopefully we can come out of the 2014 draft with Daniel McCullers as our new NT.

I think having a shut down Corner is huge. Remember the great 49er teams of the 90s and all the players they had? The one time they did go all the way was the one year they had Deion Sanders. He made such a huge difference by taking half the field away in the passing game. Had Rice been able to keep his ego in check and Sanders re-signed with the Niners, they'd have won two more Super Bowls.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having a shut down Corner is huge. Remember the great 49er teams of the 90s and all the players they had? The one time they did go all the way was the one year they had Deion Sanders. He made such a huge difference by taking half the field away in the passing game. Had Rice been able to keep his ego in check and Sanders re-signed with the Niners, they'd have won two more Super Bowls.

100% agree with this but do those guys even exist anymore?

Haden? Sherman? Revis? Anyone else?

Full disclosure- haven't seen much of Revis this year to know if he's even still in this category.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Full disclosure- haven't seen much of Revis this year to know if he's even still in this category.

According to #1 WRs vs him in fantasy football he is.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe they do, and this why they aren't very important.

Top of the line CB's don't seem to have as big of an impact on the game as they used to.

IMO, it would be nice to have one, but when you consider the high draft pick it will take to acquire one, the large salary attached to them, and the fact that the rules kind of limit their effectiveness... are they really worth it?

Out of the last 5 superbowl champions, how many of those teams had a legitimate shut down corner?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very tough to find. That is why they are so valuable. I think the main reason they are so tough to find though is because every single rule change in the past twenty years favors the offense and is designed to increase the passing game.