• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

emBearassed Bear fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, good years and bad, I have always been a proud Bears fan. In all my 21 years I have never seen a Bear team quit. I have never seen a Bear team bad at all phases of the game. I have never been embarrassed to claim my team. This is one of the greatest franchises in all of sports and one of the greatest city's in the greatest country the world. We need to bring Emory Tdog and Mel up on charges of fraud. Cutler should be charged with theft for cashing his check. Turns out Briggs is smarter then us all. He knew and that is why he quit trying. I just spent over 500.00 bucks getting Bears coats, jerseys, hats for my kids for Xmas. I'm considering hiding the stuff till next year as I don't want the other kids picking on them. I wanna puke. Can someone tell me things will get better. Tell me how the guy that hired this staff will now hire the next one, and it will be OK. Tell me how the guy that paid elite money to Cutler will right the ship. Tell me how the guy that looked at Tuckers past history and said I gotta have him, will fix this? Sorry about venting but I had to release somewhere and you guys are lucky enough to be here for it. :doh: :gaah::noidea:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was embarrassed last season. Never saw a D as bad as that one. Didn't really see a whole lot changing this season, but tried to stay optimistic. And I stayed optimistic until @NE and @GB and then I thought maybe they were starting to figure things out when we got back to 5-6.

And there really is no reason to be optimistic for the near future IMO. Jay has guaranteed money for the next two seasons, no team in their right mind is going to trade for him and take on that contract.

I don't see ownership bringing in a proven coach. Only twice have the Bears hired a coach with previous NFL HC experience and that's just the two times that Halas rehired himself.

Oh well, I'm sure my optimism will comeback next August.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was embarrassed last season too. But not in all three phases plus coaching, like this year.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only twice have the Bears hired a coach with previous NFL HC experience and that's just the two times that Halas rehired himself.

dam, that cracked me up!!

I thought Ditka was the best hire, six of his players were/are coaches (Frazier, Samuri, Harbaugh, Fisher, Payton, Rivera)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Halas & Ditka... Ditka was the last head coach Mr. Halas hired in 1982 before he died in 1983. It's been turmoil ever since.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the greatest franchises in all of sports and one of the greatest city's in the greatest country the world.

IS IT…???

Is it… REALLY?

What have they won since leather helmets and single barred face masks. Can we please stop shitting ourselves with this nonsense?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see why anyone would be embarrassed to be a FAN.

It's not me shitting the bed on Sunday's. Jeez...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IS IT…???

Is it… REALLY?
Yes really. In every way really. From day one really. Charter franchise, most HOF players. traditions galore, best uni's , storied storied franchise. I'm frustrated as anyone, but the current group is a (ALL TIME LOW) and not indicative of Chicago football as a whole. We have not won enough SBs but we fielded teams that plays hard every week and commanded respect. Our franchise runs much deeper then SBs alone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see why anyone would be embarrassed to be a FAN.

It's not me shitting the bed on Sunday's. Jeez...
I don't live in Bear country and take jokes all the time. I can't even fight back. We are a national joke right now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
us Die hard fans were brought up on bear defense. This whole focus on offense has been a change for a couple years now.

All we really want to see is effort. I still see that from guys like Willie Young, Fuller, Mundy, Jones and yes even Bostic. Bostic has so much effort he ends up over running alot of plays so people say he sucks. The few plays you see Sharpton shot out of a cannon to a hole and hitting anything that moves is the effort we want to see.

See, its still all about defense. We have a running back that has gotten 5 yards per carry and only been given 5 carries because one play did not work. You need that to keep the defense off the field. When the defense gets back on the field, its up to them to create the turnover or three and out to get the offense back on the field.

You have a mess with cutler and his pouty attitude. Martz saw it, didnt allow audibles, now you give him the power and he cant see his mistakes. It needs to be dumbed down to him, this whole offense needs dumbing down. This is what receivers do on each play called, not three different receivers being told to run three different routes. Dumbing down is not knocking stupid players, its eliminating mistakes and playing more smash mouth football.

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Bears need a new HC that is defensive in background and has an offensive mindset to have a big, strong, corn fed, mean, nasty, OL and pound the rock. Look at Seattle bad ass D a RB who can pound it and simple reads for the young QB. That's what the Bears need to do. That will allow JC to play better bc the game is rarly if ever on his back. Btw Forte is not the RB in this said pipe dream we would need our own version of "Beast Mode" in the backfield.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Bostic has so much effort he ends up over running alot of plays so people say he sucks.

Exactly. Put another way, though, this is not just "trying too hard", it is that Bostic still has no gap discipline. Last year he was a rookie, it was somewhat forgivable, but why does he still suffer this? Been one of the more curious aspects of the season's play from the younger guys.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears need new ownership.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
us Die hard fans were brought up on bear defense. This whole focus on offense has been a change for a couple years now.
Ugh... I'm just as die hard as the next guy- but who freakin cares!!! Just win damn games. If you were "brought up on defense" and that's your focus- then why do you always bitch about the offense when the D is historically bad! Be pissed about that- be pissed that your "die hard upbringing" focus has completely shit the bed.

All we really want to see is effort. I still see that from guys like Willie Young, Fuller, Mundy, Jones and yes even Bostic. Bostic has so much effort he ends up over running alot of plays so people say he sucks. The few plays you see Sharpton shot out of a cannon to a hole and hitting anything that moves is the effort we want to see.
See, its still all about defense.

What? The defense is the worst in the league. Has been for awhile. All the guys you just mentioned have been a part of that suckage. You sound like a Cutler apologist- except with defense!!

We have a running back that has gotten 5 yards per carry and only been given 5 carries because one play did not work. You need that to keep the defense off the field. When the defense gets back on the field, its up to them to create the turnover or three and out to get the offense back on the field.
Check that again- Forte is great, but they haven't been able to run the ball all year. Simply can't. Stop trying to believe that if you gave him 20 carries it would automatically fix the run game. It won't - it would be 3rd and 9, after 2 terrible runs...and a forced pass down field (that I'm sure many would blame Jay for fucking up) YOU can't run the ball when you start every series 1st and 20 or inside your own 10 after a flag on a KO return. Oh and when the D gives up TD's on 3, 4, 5...7 consecutive drives.

You have a mess with cutler and his pouty attitude.(you're projecting your bullshit, you see what you want to see)
Martz saw it, didnt allow audibles, now you give him the power and he cant see his mistakes.
Martz' system didn't have audibles- You are twisting it to think it was based on Jay.

It needs to be dumbed down to him, this whole offense needs dumbing down. This is what receivers do on each play called, not three different receivers being told to run three different routes.

What are you talking about? 3 WR's can't run different routes? So what they all run the same route? Are you really trying to say that?

Dumbing down is not knocking stupid players, its eliminating mistakes and playing more smash mouth football.
I think we need a dumbing down for some fans...wow.
[/QUOTE]

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, its still all about defense. We have a running back that has gotten 5 yards per carry and only been given 5 carries because one play did not work. You need that to keep the defense off the field. When the defense gets back on the field, its up to them to create the turnover or three and out to get the offense back on the field.

You have a mess with cutler and his pouty attitude. Martz saw it, didnt allow audibles, now you give him the power and he cant see his mistakes. It needs to be dumbed down to him, this whole offense needs dumbing down. This is what receivers do on each play called, not three different receivers being told to run three different routes. Dumbing down is not knocking stupid players, its eliminating mistakes and playing more smash mouth football.

This is completely wrong.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is wrong about it? I have some respect for you and hope you arent pulling a joey saying why he is right and everyone else is wrong. Cutler did not walk up to center, point out any blitzers, that was handled by the center. He had no responsibility in calling out line stunts until last season with Trestman. There may have been one hot receiver, but I am pretty sure that was in the playbook for blitzes. My understanding (which I was told was wrong before) was it was simple reads by receivers with martz. Simple, your defender is covering you to the inside, you go outside. the defender is covering to the outside, go inside. You see the all out blitz, the guy that was not bodied up on the line was the hot receiver. That keeps the quarterback from throwing where the cornerback is in position to intercept the ball. The ball is still thrown before the cut, but the QB and Receiver both were supposed to know which way to go.

The trestman offense is throwing the ball before the cut regardless of where the back is. That is why an audible on the routes do not work as well as the greatest show on turf did. It credits the "back shoulder" throws because there is no option to adjust to coverage. Those are audibled that do not work if you do not know where the defensive back is gonna be, you know that when the receiver is in his route. That is why it works so well when you have a QB that communicates with more than one best buddy receiver.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Martz himself has said that there are no audibles in his system — it was all about hot routes. (It's also essentially the same system the Cowboys used in their Superbowl run and essentially the one the Chargers ran under Don Coryell.)

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Martz himself has said that there are no audibles in his system — it was all about hot routes. (It's also essentially the same system the Cowboys used in their Superbowl run and essentially the one the Chargers ran under Don Coryell.)

Thats what I am trying to figure out why he is saying I am wrong. Did not allow audibles and no audibles sure sounds like the same thing to me.