• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elvis Dumervil

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent messed up big time. I wonder how much it'll take to sign him to a 2 or 3 year contract? Probably way more than the niners are willing to spend, but he'd be a good player to throw in on 3rd downs.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole story sounds fishy to be honest. How can they have a deadline and use faxing as the method of choice. We're they not in contact and only relied on the fax?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole story sounds fishy to be honest. How can they have a deadline and use faxing as the method of choice. We're they not in contact and only relied on the fax?

From what I understand they were in contact with each other but the Broncos required Dumervil to sign the restructure. Then at the last moment changed something in the contract that required the agent to request another fax read over it have Dumervil sign it and fax it all within a few minuets.

I believe the Broncos didn't want to restructure and didn't think Dumervil would take a pay cut so when he agreed they had to figure out a way to get rid of him after reports where already out that he restructured.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dumervil is easily the best pass-rusher on the market. He's significantly more valuable than Osi or Avril is, and his age gives him the edge over Abraham at this point IMO. I can't believe Denver let him go when they had money to sign Welker.

I wonder if it'd be possible to sign him to a 2-year deal. That would give the Niners time to develop a pass-rusher (Trevardo Williams???) and then re-sign Kaep.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he was let go, there is like 3 million in dead money for the Broncos so they cant even offer him the 8 mill he would have gotten after his restructure. Now the Broncos cant get him back.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dumervil is easily the best pass-rusher on the market. He's significantly more valuable than Osi or Avril is, and his age gives him the edge over Abraham at this point IMO. I can't believe Denver let him go when they had money to sign Welker.

I wonder if it'd be possible to sign him to a 2-year deal. That would give the Niners time to develop a pass-rusher (Trevardo Williams???) and then re-sign Kaep.

Broncos already have Thomas, Decker and Stokley... Welker is a luxury for them at WR.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos already have Thomas, Decker and Stokley... Welker is a luxury for them at WR.

I'd say it was a bad use of their cap, but I guess having that much money wrapped up in 4 WR's is ok with a QB like Manning.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was listening to D-Bruce today and he brought up a really good point about if the agent actually did it on purpose to get the fax in 7 minutes late so the contract would be void. It appeared that Dumervil was the good guy, and it was all the agents fault for being a complete idiot. If the agent gets fired then it was probably a stupid accident. But if he keeps the agent then it was probably done on purpose this way.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to D-Bruce today and he brought up a really good point about if the agent actually did it on purpose to get the fax in 7 minutes late so the contract would be void. It appeared that Dumervil was the good guy, and it was all the agents fault for being a complete idiot. If the agent gets fired then it was probably a stupid accident. But if he keeps the agent then it was probably done on purpose this way.

But why? What benefit does Dumervil and his agent have by pulling a stunt like that? The Broncos were going to release him no matter what. The Broncos are the only party that benefits from this because now they have some free cap space and can sell it to their fans they tried but just couldn't work a deal in time.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand they were in contact with each other but the Broncos required Dumervil to sign the restructure. Then at the last moment changed something in the contract that required the agent to request another fax read over it have Dumervil sign it and fax it all within a few minuets.

I believe the Broncos didn't want to restructure and didn't think Dumervil would take a pay cut so when he agreed they had to figure out a way to get rid of him after reports where already out that he restructured.

This is th picture I have, but it still strange. They moved Tebow, how scared could they be of a Dumervil backlash? Why not just release the guy?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can pull it off i would love to bring in dumervil. offensive lines would be crying.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis fired his agent and the agent waived the 5 day waiting oeriod so he can sign a new agent ASAP.

Dumervil played 34 OLB under Nolan in '09 and had the most sacks with 17.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Elvis is still in the building!! Sign this guy and the Qbs will have to step up on their throws!! Go 49ers!!

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is still in the building!! Sign this guy and the Qbs will have to step up on their throws!! Go 49ers!!

I'd love to see him sign with us but I have a hard time imagining a scenario where we pony up the $$ I believe he will want us too. Wish he would just realize were his best shot at a ring at this point and take a reasonable offer. Not holding by breathe of that of course. :2cents:

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you say "Still in the building", did I miss something? Is he in Santa Clara today?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora reports that Elvis Dumervil has agreed to sign with agent Tom Condon.
Dumervil's fired player rep, Marty Magid, waived the five-day waiting period to hire a new agent, so he's now available to sign with teams immediately. The Ravens have Dumervil "firmly" on their radar and are expected to meet with him next week. The Titans and Patriots have also shown interest, though New England can likely be ruled out given their history with Condon.
Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter Mar 16 - 9:17 PM

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with dumervil we could be looking at a good 4-5 year run with our core group. good drafts will determine if we can stretch that out. we need to pursue this.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with dumervil we could be looking at a good 4-5 year run with our core group. good drafts will determine if we can stretch that out. we need to pursue this.

don't think we could fit him, not only this season but looking ahead to the next two.

don't think the rookie cap will be THAT big, but still?

looking ahead, it'll only get harder fitting our own players under the cap.