• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would much rather face Peyton Manning than Eli Manning in the playoffs. Eli is just one of those guys who plays his best when there's enormous pressure; that's the same pressure under which other great QBs crumble. One could argue he's had a better first 9 years of his career than Peyton had.

He has almost no poise.

:jaw:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his name wasn't manning a comparison to his brother would be laughable.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eli Manning played for the Jaguars, he would have been out of the league 5 years ago. If he played for the Chargers, he'd have zero rings.

He is a top 10 QB but not even in the same ballpark as Peyton. David Freese is not one of the best STL Cardinals, for example. The guy that made the helmet catch got cut from the Giants a couple of years later. The big play is meaningful but not statistically relevant

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If his name wasn't manning a comparison to his brother would be laughable.

Then maybe a much better comparison would be him VS Tom Brady. Like in Super Bowls XLII & XLVI.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd. He was playing an awful pass defense and Brady was playing arguably the best in the league.

He made the plays to win those Super Bowls. But his defense made more. Everywhere outside of those runs he has been average or worse.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just admit you can't accept the fact that he's a great QB because he kind of looks like he's retarded.

ri1r.jpg

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd. He was playing an awful pass defense and Brady was playing arguably the best in the league.

He made the plays to win those Super Bowls. But his defense made more. Everywhere outside of those runs he has been average or worse.

The Giants had the worst ranked defense in NFL history for any playoff team, when they won the SB. i think that was the 2007 season and the defense was ranked 27th in the NFL that year. Stop hating because he own the Pats.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just admit you can't accept the fact that he's a great QB because he kind of looks like he's retarded.
There might actually be some truth to this :think:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants had the worst ranked defense in NFL history for any playoff team, when they won the SB. i think that was the 2007 season and the defense was ranked 27th in the NFL that year. Stop hating because he own the Pats.

Because he held the patriots to 17 points on his own. :suds:

No team matched up better defensively to stop the patriots offense, and no one who knows football would dispute that.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No team matched up better defensively to stop the patriots offense, and no one who knows football would dispute that.

no Brady held the Pats to only 17 points.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk-wWUQKBg]Tom Brady is an idiot. - YouTube[/ame]

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No......I can't think of any current entitled pieces of shit in the league who told another team "don't draft me because I don't want to play for you"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Are you completely incapable of giving credit where credit is due? If he does something right, there are a million other reasons (other than him being extremely clutch) that he won. If he does something wrong it's an example of why he's not even a top 15 QB in the league.

The Giants have been like the Lakers used to be; they kind of loaf it a bit in the regular season & then really turn it on in the playoffs. I'll take that over a guy who pads his stats & sucks when it really matters. The people who don't think Eli is a great QB are the same kind of people who think Matt Ryan (super-choker) is better than Joe Flacco (playoff stud).

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No......I can't think of any current entitled pieces of shit in the league who told another team "don't draft me because I don't want to play for you"

yea, he pulled an Elway, can't defend him on that one.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you completely incapable of giving credit where credit is due? If he does something right, there are a million other reasons (other than him being extremely clutch) that he won. If he does something wrong it's an example of why he's not even a top 15 QB in the league.

The Giants have been like the Lakers used to be; they kind of loaf it a bit in the regular season & then really turn it on in the playoffs. I'll take that over a guy who pads his stats & sucks when it really matters. The people who don't think Eli is a great QB are the same kind of people who think Matt Ryan (super-choker) is better than Joe Flacco (playoff stud).

I gave credit and have given credit for him leading those drives. That does not mean he was the MVP. There were about 3 defensive linemen who were more deserving than he was. He didn't carry that team.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i would not doubt that JDM think Ryan is better than Flacco.

*note i think Ryan gets to the SB this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

This is something with which I can agree. He's a punk & I'll always see him as a punk for pulling that crap. Kind of like I'll always see Roethlisberger as a huge douche. They're still great QBs.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan and flacco are 5 and 6 in the NFL. I would give a slight edge to flacco for winning but Ryan gets more blame than he deserves.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is a good QB for sure. I think every team that played Eli that year probably played a 'lets make Eli beat us because he sucks' defense and Eli beat it, got confidence and eventually stepped up his game. When the Pats and Giants played a second time, it was 'Manningham can't beat us' and then he did. The Arizona Cardinals tried to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers under the logic that Big Ben wasn't an elite QB (based on his previous Super Bowl).

The clutch guys are often just guys that stepped up when the other team challenged them.

But I guess my main point with the thread was to wonder if anyone had 'a guy' that could step up.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan and flacco are 5 and 6 in the NFL. I would give a slight edge to flacco for winning but Ryan gets more blame than he deserves.

why, the team is built around Ryan and the offense and rightfully so in an offensive league. He has probably 3 HORer to throw to and had a nice running game to boot? Plus it's not like the ATL defense was that bad, i'd say they were average since he has been there.