• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eddy D named honorary Captain this week

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovin' It!!! He'll get a well deserved standing Oh!!

Yeah, funny how winning Super Bowls covers up his r*pe....disgusting. Just like Big Ben. I wish he wasn't going to be there. Policy would be OK though.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
r*pe? Umm... I tried to Google what you're talking about and couldn't see anything about Eddie Debartalo raping anyone. Am I missing something? Don't tell me that's why you think he's no longer the owner.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is also the first I've ever heard of that kind of allegation. To what are you referring?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r*pe? Umm... I tried to Google what you're talking about and couldn't see anything about Eddie Debartalo raping anyone. Am I missing something? Don't tell me that's why you think he's no longer the owner.

Nope; it happened before he was caught trying to bribe the LA Governor...took place on the Peninsula with a waitress from a local sports bar and grill. Charges got dropped, the woman moved out of the state in fear. I dated a co-worker at the time, and the woman was scared for her life.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not surprised; keep googling and you'll find a newspaper report or two.

A newspaper report or two? Not good enough. Explain the incident to which you're referring or stop slandering people.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, funny how winning Super Bowls covers up his r*pe....disgusting. Just like Big Ben. I wish he wasn't going to be there. Policy would be OK though.

Was it r*pe or extortion? Your statement suggests he committed r*pe and he didn't according to my memory. Keep in mind that Eddie and Carmen were very close friends, I am quite certain Policy knew of this alleged r*pe, and was thus complicit in the act. So why would Policy be welcome in your mind but not Eddie. Just curious...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would someone explain this aleged "r*pe?" What happened?

Tzill, remembers it the way I do with some differences being that I don't recall charges ever being filed and he claims they were dropped; and secondly, he finds DeBartolo guilty and I don't.

My short memory has the incident involving a waitress, intoxication and sex, or the lack thereof. A classic he said/she said.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rain-on-my-Parade-animation.gif

Very NolanNonse-esque of you

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A newspaper report or two? Not good enough. Explain the incident to which you're referring or stop slandering people.

"not good enough?"

Fuck you. My girlfriend at the time knew the victim pretty well. That's "good enough" for me.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it r*pe or extortion? Your statement suggests he committed r*pe and he didn't according to my memory. Keep in mind that Eddie and Carmen were very close friends, I am quite certain Policy knew of this alleged r*pe, and was thus complicit in the act. So why would Policy be welcome in your mind but not Eddie. Just curious...

B/C Carmen (and his wife Gail, both of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting) are good people and Carmen did a lot for the franchise. Policy wasn't present at the incident according to the victim.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tzill, remembers it the way I do with some differences being that I don't recall charges ever being filed and he claims they were dropped; and secondly, he finds DeBartolo guilty and I don't.

My short memory has the incident involving a waitress, intoxication and sex, or the lack thereof. A classic he said/she said.

Yep, a waitress, Eddie, and a couple of his Youngstown thugs in a hotel room. She did not consent to a gang bang. The woman had no reason to lie to my gf at the time -- he's guilty as fuck.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"not good enough?"

Fuck you. My girlfriend at the time knew the victim pretty well. That's "good enough" for me.

That isn't "good enough" for people who aren't dating a friend of the alleged victim.

Did she press charges? Is there any evidence?

Oh and way to over react and be unnecessarily confrontational.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't "good enough" for people who aren't dating a friend of the alleged victim.

Did she press charges? Is there any evidence?

Oh and way to over react and be unnecessarily confrontational.

Dude, think about it: you're acting as though you are somehow the authority on what's "good enough." I don't care what your judgement is -- you likely weren't even BORN when the shit went down. I can tell you this: the restaurant was never the same after the incident and several women (including my gf) were scared as SHIT that they were going to be hurt b/c they sympathized with the victim. The victim moved out of state and changed her name. Nothing needs to be PROVEN to YOU. I know what I know; I lived through it. You can believe me or not and I don't care either way -- but I will always associate Eddie D and rapist.

I mean think about it: what motive do I have to lie? I've never met Eddie, I otherwise am prone to love him like all Niner fans for the winning he brought us. Further, I'm pretty sure Eddie D doesn't give a shit what I think either; he walked.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude, think about it: you're acting as though you are somehow the authority on what's "good enough." I don't care what your judgement is -- you likely weren't even BORN when the shit went down. I can tell you this: the restaurant was never the same after the incident and several women (including my gf) were scared as SHIT that they were going to be hurt b/c they sympathized with the victim. The victim moved out of state and changed her name. Nothing needs to be PROVEN to YOU. I know what I know; I lived through it. You can believe me or not and I don't care either way -- but I will always associate Eddie D and rapist.

I mean think about it: what motive do I have to lie? I've never met Eddie, I otherwise am prone to love him like all Niner fans for the winning he brought us. Further, I'm pretty sure Eddie D doesn't give a shit what I think either; he walked.

You didn't answer: did she go to the police or not? If she was raped then she should go to the police. It's pretty simple.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. Not good enough. You personally may feel that way, which is your right, but I would need some kind of actual evidence besides my girlfriend at the time fifteen years ago knew someone who accused him of r*pe to which no one who follows the team to the unhealthiest degree has ever heard of it. Again, who cares if you convince me, a random dude from a message board, but unless I saw something, anything to back up what you're claiming- which is hearsay upon hearsay- I'm assuming you're either making it up or you're severely ill-informed.